You Intrigue Me: Tell Me a Random Fact

Christopher Lala

Would it not be better to have just random facts, as unrelated to you in person (because it is fairly obvious we are all losers here). Botham playing for Scunthorpe; birds being technically, dinosaurs; Den being the only Beach Boy who actually surfed; Nelson being sea-sick; Roald Dahl hating children - stuff like that. Because I am the expert at random facts.

I once reached into my bag to pick up a book and stuck myself on a mechanical pencil that was recklessly lying loose at the bottom. The lead was actually pushed into my finger underneath my nail, halfway in. I believe I screamed like a little girl. This happened many, many years ago but the lead is still embedded under my nail. Despite all the pain the following days, it is actually quite cool now. If I am kidnapped and my right hand is sent back to my wife for extortion, it is easily identifiable by the black line visible through the nail. And since the lead is very slowly pushed out again, rejected by my flesh, I can sometimes write with my finger. Nah, the last part was a joke. Hahahah.

• Like 1

Funny, I had a similar experience. While I was studying, I let a mechanical lead pencil bounce up and down on my desk, with the eraser pointing down, obviously. All of a sudden, the pencil stuck in my hand palm and you can still see the mark of it now. I don't know if it's really a piece of lead though, or if it's just a small line that was drawn in my flesh when the pencil went in. Anyway, I had to pull the pencil out, but it wasn't quite so painful as it would have been if it had gone under my nail.

Would it not be better to have just random facts, as unrelated to you in person (because it is fairly obvious we are all losers here). Botham playing for Scunthorpe; birds being technically, dinosaurs; Den being the only Beach Boy who actually surfed; Nelson being sea-sick; Roald Dahl hating children - stuff like that. Because I am the expert at random facts.

Most people prefer talking about themselves.

Most people prefer talking about themselves.

Some more than others.

But the thread starter asked posters to reveal a random fact about themselves.

Diesel did tell a random fact about himself. He is the expert at random facts.

Would it not be better to have just random facts, as unrelated to you in person

Diesel did tell a random fact about himself. He is the expert at random facts.

That he did, I was referring to that specific part.

I once reached into my bag to pick up a book and stuck myself on a mechanical pencil that was recklessly lying loose at the bottom. The lead was actually pushed into my finger underneath my nail, halfway in. I believe I screamed like a little girl. This happened many, many years ago but the lead is still embedded under my nail. Despite all the pain the following days, it is actually quite cool now. If I am kidnapped and my right hand is sent back to my wife for extortion, it is easily identifiable by the black line visible through the nail. And since the lead is very slowly pushed out again, rejected by my flesh, I can sometimes write with my finger. Nah, the last part was a joke. Hahahah.

I once reached into a bag of chocolate chip cookies to grab one and as the light shone directly into the bag I could clearly see a little dead gecko lizard (I was living in Singapore at the time and they were everywhere) completely covered in crumbs. :o He would have crawled in there sometime earlier and not been able to get out. It was horrifying and put me off choc chip cookies for many years.

I also walked into the bathroom in my apartment (in Singapore) to chance upon a baby gecko lizard in the bottom of the bathtub at the drain hole and he froze completely still. We both gave each other a hell of a fright. That was around midday. At 9pm that night he was still there......I think he had been scared to death. :( I had to get the BF to remove him, poor little thing.

Edited by Redhead74

Feet disgust me more than anything in life.

Me too! I find feet so disgusting and they have to stay away from me as far as possible.

:lol: Me too. I can only stand my own and my daughter's feet.

I don't like feet either. Can't even stand walking barefoot.

foot fetishists boil over with anger :lol:

Feet disgust me more than anything in life.

Me too! I find feet so disgusting and they have to stay away from me as far as possible.

:lol: Me too. I can only stand my own and my daughter's feet.

I don't like feet either. Can't even stand walking barefoot.

foot fetishists boil over with anger :lol:

I have the ugliest feet you could possibly imagine.

I want to ejaculate over all of your feet, and then rub it onto my feet.

I was once married to the Anti-Christ. He's still alive and practicing law somewhere in the deep south here in the US. I'm married to the love of my life now. Usually when I'm posting here he's sitting beside me on the couch watching golf. He has no idea who Axl Rose is, but we're even because I have no idea who Mickey Newbury is.

Also, I scored 156 on the Stanford-Binet IQ test when I was 16. Yet that and $8 will get you a triple venti, non-fat latte with two equals.

• Like 1