A matter of dignity

auad

The guy just enjoys performing. It's all he's ever really known. He's been singing for people his whole life.

I guess that's the part people ignore. I know that every fan feels entitled to their band and how it should run, but Axl really enjoys performing. People still show up and likes putting on a show. His skills are just diminished but if the guy enjoys it then that's great.

Don't worry so much about his dignity, it is what it is. People hate Axl and people love him. He's at a point where that stuff doesn't matter to him anymore. He just wants to play a show. People tend to think he's miserable all the time.

WTF is going on around here?

Someone thinks Axl's live vocals are horrid, and Axl should just stay at home cause what about dignity. We're still not quite sure how Bumble's cock fits into the equation.

What About Dignity? is the actual title of CD2 btw. #insider

:D

As DEMI-GOD says, Axl likes to perform. He still puts on three hour shows, you can see that he's enjoying himself, generally the crowd has a good time, so, I don't believe that Axl's dignity is under threat in that sense.

It's true that Axl no longer looks like he did back in the 90s. The way I see it is, neither do I. I've read some newspaper articles that can be summed up as "Look! This man has aged! How dare he! Shock horror!" It's just silly, and whilst the people who like to have a dig at artists' looks are straight in there to spit their venom, it makes me despair about the state of the media. Those articles aren't very dignified.

I must admit, though, that Appetite for Democracy did make me cringe somewhat. When you're a part of the crowd, you are less likely to pick up on any flaws than when you watch a DVD, but still, it's not the best concert they could have chosen. The small crowd of the residency combined with the completely unnecessary semi-naked ladies and their conveniently placed poles, the unreliable and at times squeaky vocals... it doesn't make a positive statement and it's not the GN'R that I know. There are better gigs that could have translated better to DVD. Especially for the first concert DVD in a long time. Whoever thought the release was a good idea didn't seem to care about Axl's dignity that much.

Regardless, I hope that GN'R will keep on performing. And next time they're in Manchester, I will be there. So long as they're enjoying themselves, I'm pretty certain that I will, too.

Judging how everyone enjoyed newgnr concerts when they went, I'd gladly attend one. I just don't like the sound of franks drums (or his playing on some of the old songs). That's the only thing that irks me besides the #demented ashba

Judging how everyone enjoyed newgnr concerts when they went, I'd gladly attend one. I just don't like the sound of franks drums (or his playing on some of the old songs). That's the only thing that irks me besides the #demented ashba

I must admit that the last time I saw them was in 2006. Had tickets for the last one in Manchester, but unfortunately I'd come down with a virus and couldn't attend (gave the tickets to some surprised but happy neighbours). Once you're there, though, the whole atmosphere and the experience of seeing them live overrules any annoyances. They put on a good show, everyone's singing along, the Live and Let Die pyrotechnics are very explosive, and the time just flies by. It's definitely worth it. An added bonus is that GN'R tickets tend to come at a very reasonable price compared to some other artists.

Edited by Kittiara
  • Like 1

Gunsnroses.jpg

Ok, we all know that Axl following eternally on tour win easy money, living in the past and everything. But one fact we can not deny is that he can't sing anymore most of the old songs, and in some cases, the "new music" of chinese democracy.

Any sensible person that goes to any show of the current incarnation could agree with that. Musically speaking, some of the songs are well performed by the band, such as "Rocket Queen", others resemble badly finished versions, such as "Estranged".

Listening to Appetite for Democracy's Mp3 becomes clear that Axl is no longer able to sing most of the songs. vocals on "Estranged" is almost ridiculous, voice on "Better" is embarrassing.

The band is only reasonable. Considering a level of spectacle, when we talk about GNR, is far below expectations.

The question that remains is this ... and about dignity? it does not matter?

Does it matter? I think Axl views this as flipping the bird to those who say he should stop and in that frame of mind, dignity is his. It's not about the quality of the show, band or his voice. It's about the quality of his resolve to carry on etc. That's why he keeps doing it and I think that's how he justifies it.

But yes, in reality, it's a joke. I mean, a Vegas act? Really? Not only that, but a cover band Vegas act? Quick, go to youtube and watch Paris 1992. Now tell yourself that THIS is where the GNR brand would end up and just TRY not to shed a tear....I dare you.

• Like 1

It don't really matter. But OMG, I can't deny: good, but needs more napo.

Better then nothing I guess. It's good enough for me after 5 to 10 shows, when things get rolling for Axl when he's on tour. When I saw new Guns in 2012, Axl sounded great.

I saw gnr in all the uk and the Ireland shows they did in 2012 and Axl sounded great, not as good as 2006 but still good