Axl needs to fire his stylist.

While I agree that Axl is slightly fat and this may have a negative effect on his performance, what the fuck gives anyone here the right to make strongly worded, aggressive essays on why Axl needs to "eat less cheeseburgers" and start working out? He's his own man.

• Like 2

While I agree that Axl is slightly fat and this may have a negative effect on his performance, what the fuck gives anyone here the right to make strongly worded, aggressive essays on why Axl needs to "eat less cheeseburgers" and start working out? He's his own man.

What's crazy is how the press virtually ignores Chinese Democracy when it comes out and the killer tour in '09/'10, but shines a harsh, shallow spotlight on him when he hits the stage in Rock In Rio and is overweight.

Edited by BangoSkank

His stylist? Axl's awful clothes style has been a permanent feature of him throughout his whole career which strongly suggest he comes up with his outfits himself. I see no reason to think it is the work of a stylist. If anything -- and not that I care at all -- he should probably hire a stylist not attempt to fire one.

About the whole 'hiding behind all the clothes and gimmicks' in 2011-2014: I feel he was only partly hiding because of insecurities over how he looked physically. It's pretty clear he wasn't the same performer who had something to prove in 2006-2010. You only have to look at Rock Am Ring or any 2010 show to see a guy who is trying his hardest to come as close to his younger self performance-wise as possible. From 2011 onwards he was treading water. His heart wasn't in it in the same way and the fact that he chose to spend almost all of each show behind a hat and glasses speaks volumes.

I remember getting shitloads of eye contact with him in 2006 and 2010, hell even in 2002. Nothing in 2012.

It really begs the question of what happened between December of 2010 & October of 2011.

It really does. Because if 2008-2009 was the worst year of his life and it didn't stop him bring his A-game and if the record company declining CD2 in 2010 and him wanting to dissolve GN'R in summer 2010 didn't stop him killing it for the rest of the year then why the hell has he been on auto-pilot since 2011?

The touring that year drained his energy in a pool of sweat, so on his off time i guess he forgot the mojo he originally set out with. At home occupying himself, reading the paper on the crapper, probably didn't expect himself to end up winded. The more likely reason is his oxygen rig could have been down because of the storm and he did the whole concert in those crappy conditions with basically no air. You could definitely tell he was hurting quite a bit that night so it's either auto pilot until he feels confident or nothing good.

2010 was fucking awesome. He was the middle aged axl rose just the way it should be.....thats just a few years ago, he could still do it. 2001, 2002, 2006, nah, he was just weird to me, In better shape maybe, but he looked so fucking weird. Then again 2011 -> something went wrong big time.

The touring that year drained his energy in a pool of sweat, so on his off time i guess he forgot the mojo he originally set out with. At home occupying himself, reading the paper on the crapper, probably didn't expect himself to end up winded. The more likely reason is his oxygen rig could have been down because of the storm and he did the whole concert in those crappy conditions with basically no air. You could definitely tell he was hurting quite a bit that night so it's either auto pilot until he feels confident or nothing good.

He used that oxygen rig over 20 years ago

• Like 1

I'm surprised with the weird fetish this forum has, no one has claimed Beta dresses him up. I can't see why Axl would have a stylist, he's somewhat of a free spirit in every connotation of the word, this has been shown time and time again. He is a little vain but that certainly don't define him, I'd love to think what a pro stylist would think of a luminous lemming raincoat or endless reams of fedoras, arm breaking jewellery carnivals... hey, today I want to look like an affluent rockstar, I need you to buy me some shades between $300 and $1000, a bandana I haven't worn before and some bad ass boots. How he buys his clothes is an interesting question, someone oughta scope out his driveway and check the deliveries. I think Axl's capable of throwing on a shirt and some jeans without employing someone to tell him he looks hip and relevant, I really don't think he has ever given much of a fuck about those two qualities, vanity is a positive thing to an extent.

queer-eye.jpg

I wouldn't take tips from the guy in the middle, as if the jacket on its own isn't an affront to fashion, that garish two shirt and collar combo is atrocious.

Also, ripped jeans?! What is this, 1991?!

McCoy just came. :lol:

I'm surprised with the weird fetish this forum has, no one has claimed Beta dresses him up. I can't see why Axl would have a stylist, he's somewhat of a free spirit in every connotation of the word, this has been shown time and time again. He is a little vain but that certainly don't define him, I'd love to think what a pro stylist would think of a luminous lemming raincoat or endless reams of fedoras, arm breaking jewellery carnivals... hey, today I want to look like an affluent rockstar, I need you to buy me some shades between $300 and $1000, a bandana I haven't worn before and some bad ass boots. How he buys his clothes is an interesting question, someone oughta scope out his driveway and check the deliveries. I think Axl's capable of throwing on a shirt and some jeans without employing someone to tell him he looks hip and relevant, I really don't think he has ever given much of a fuck about those two qualities, vanity is a positive thing to an extent.

I don't know. In the booklet of the bluray, it states two people are responsible for 'wardrobe' (one of them being a Lebeis, probably a cousin or something, I presume). I don't really know what that entails, of course, maybe they're not really stylists.

I don't know. In the booklet of the bluray, it states two people are responsible for 'wardrobe' (one of them being a Lebeis, probably a cousin or something, I presume). I don't really know what that entails, of course, maybe they're not really stylists.
May or may not mean anything, but for a Blu-Ray wardrobe would have to be certain colors that pick up well and compliment the stage lighting. I imagine for a 3D release its even more complicated. It could also just be the stripper's wardrobe. Edited by tomfriend

I don't give two shits about his "look" and I don't think many other people would if he were out there kicking ass.

It's because we're old and care about the music not someone's looks. There aren't even many girls in this thread just a bunch of dudes arguing about Axl's looks. I still say the majority of them would kiss his ass in person if they were ever around him.