Eddie Trunk: "[a GNR reunion] has been put to motion."

Exactly. I'd say there were still some moments that were truly great in 2006, nothing like the classic years, but truly great.

I remember checking out videos for the first time at the beginning of the 2010 tour. I remember thinking, "At least he sounds pretty good." Because so much of the energy was gone, so much of the speed and ferocity was gone, which meant so much of the stage presence was gone. I was sad, but at least the voice was there, otherwise it wouldn't even be worth going to the show. Well, his stage performance and, more importantly, his voice have gone way downhill since then, particularly the voice.

While I completely agree that the most of the energy of "2006 Axl" disappeared by 2010, I just can't ignore the fact that he was also, getting older. Would you say that 2010 wasn't a great year for a 48-year-old Axl? I definitely would.

As for the rest of your post. Spot on, bro.

Steven Tyler just wrapped up a tour w Aerosmith and brought it every night, he's 66. Face it, Axl doesn't want to put in the work it takes to be great, just milking the meal ticket. He should give slash, duff, izzy and Steve royalties every time he plays a show because he's living off the name those guys made for him.

• Like 1

Guys, I've been thinking...a lot...and I'm starting to think that this reunion isn't really happening

Hey, you know what would be weird? If they announced a reunion and then one of them died lol

YEAH! I LOL TOO AT THE THOUGHT OF ONE OF THEM DYING! LOL!!

• Like 1

Guys, I've been thinking...a lot...and I'm starting to think that this reunion isn't really happening

Hey, you know what would be weird? If they announced a reunion and then one of them died lol

o god u sick bastard y would u laff at someone dying??? so sick

Exactly. I'd say there were still some moments that were truly great in 2006, nothing like the classic years, but truly great.

I remember checking out videos for the first time at the beginning of the 2010 tour. I remember thinking, "At least he sounds pretty good." Because so much of the energy was gone, so much of the speed and ferocity was gone, which meant so much of the stage presence was gone. I was sad, but at least the voice was there, otherwise it wouldn't even be worth going to the show. Well, his stage performance and, more importantly, his voice have gone way downhill since then, particularly the voice.

While I completely agree that the most of the energy of "2006 Axl" disappeared by 2010, I just can't ignore the fact that he was also, getting older. Would you say that 2010 wasn't a great year for a 48-year-old Axl? I definitely would.

Steven Tyler just wrapped up a tour w Aerosmith and brought it every night, he's 66. Face it, Axl doesn't want to put in the work it takes to be great, just milking the meal ticket. He should give slash, duff, izzy and Steve royalties every time he plays a show because he's living off the name those guys made for him.

Steven Tyler and Axl Rose are in a completely different league.

Steven is a professional.

Axl is basically a hobbyist casually doing it to fund his lifestyle.

The guy has zero interest in the product he puts out. When you have a glorified drum tech like Frank Ferrer on drums for 8 years, the situation is made perfectly clear.

o god u sick bastard y would u laff at someone dying??? so sick

YOU KILLED SARCASM! YOU BASTARD!

• Like 1

Imagine you're Axl. Imagine everything you worked for has fallen apart. Doesn't matter whose fault it was, it simply sucks that it fell apart. You become super depressed. You want to continue doing what you do, but it doesn't work now that everyone is gone. You find yourself surrounded by friends and businessmen who prop you up and tell you that you've got the power to carry on. You work hard, searching and searching and handpicking only the best of the best for your new band. And remember, this isn't just a band. This is your life. This is all you've got, because remember, your love/family life has also fallen apart. Again, it doesn't matter whose fault it is because even if it is 100 percent your fault, it STILL sucks. Anyway, you handpick what you think is the best of the best for your band and your vision. It's a very meticulous project, but you finally complete it. You then start working on your new album. You think all of your ideas are shitty because it seems like everything you've done in your life up to this point has been shit, as evidenced by everything having fallen apart. You try to write songs just like you always have, but for some reason, it just doesn't work with the new band. You keep at it. Your band becomes a revolving door for high profile musicians and businessmen. Everytime someone leaves (for whatever reason) it's a setback. Still, you keep at it. You finally put out your album, amidst over anticipation and predetermined criticism. Somehow, the release goes wrong and it gets shipped with a rough draft copy of the booklet. Another setback. All the while, your band is still a revolving door of musicians.

Suddenly, your drummer is unable to tour with you. You've lost yet another guitarist. You handpick another guitarist and another drummer. Then you lose another guitarist. At this point, everyone has accused you of being far too meticulous and picky. You pick another guitarist. Oops, turns out your hardcore fan base hates the guitarist and drummer. Now, where they were once picking on you for being too picky and meticulous, too much of a perfectionist, they are now criticizing you for not caring.

It must suck to be Axl. It doesn't matter whose fault it is, it must suck to be him.

Edited by Amish
  • Like 1

Imagine you're Axl. Imagine everything you worked for has fallen apart. Doesn't matter whose fault it was, it simply sucks that it fell apart. You become super depressed. You want to continue doing what you do, but it doesn't work now that everyone is gone. You find yourself surrounded by friends and businessmen who prop you up and tell you that you've got the power to carry on. You work hard, searching and searching and handpicking only the best of the best for your new band. And remember, this isn't just a band. This is your life. This is all you've got, because remember, your love/family life has also fallen apart. Again, it doesn't matter whose fault it is because even if it is 100 percent your fault, it STILL sucks. Anyway, you handpick what you think is the best of the best for your band and your vision. It's a very meticulous project, but you finally complete it. You then start working on your new album. You think all of your ideas are shitty because it seems like everything you've done in your life up to this point has been shit, as evidenced by everything having fallen apart. You try to write songs just like you always have, but for some reason, it just doesn't work with the new band. You keep at it. Your band becomes a revolving door for high profile musicians and businessmen. Everytime someone leaves (for whatever reason) it's a setback. Still, you keep at it. You finally put out your album, amidst over anticipation and predetermined criticism. Somehow, the release goes wrong and it gets shipped with a rough draft copy of the booklet. Another setback. All the while, your band is still a revolving door of musicians.

Suddenly, your drummer is unable to tour with you. You've lost yet another guitarist. You handpick another guitarist and another drummer. Then you lose another guitarist. At this point, everyone has accused you of being far too meticulous and picky. You pick another guitarist. Oops, turns out your hardcore fan base hates the guitarist and drummer. Now, where they were once picking on you for being too picky and meticulous, too much of a perfectionist, they are now criticizing you for not caring.

It must suck to be Axl. It doesn't matter whose fault it is, it must suck to be him.

1. He has chosen to surround himself not with friends, but with literally the equivalent of Nigerian scammers who are toxic towards his personal and professional life.

2. Axl does not work hard. When is the last time he rehearsed? went to the gym? Case in point, Rio show. More of the same, going from the couch to the stage.

3. He hand picks the best for his band? nobodies with absolute minimal history in the music business and if they didn't get the part in GNR they would still be complete unknowns.

4. Maybe if Axl didn't beat his girlfriends and act like a complete dick to his friends these relationships wouldn't "fall apart".

5. Trying to write songs with the new band didn't work not because the direction of the wind blowing that day. Axl has consistently chosen the wrong people for his band from day 1 of nuGNR! it's that simple. The fact that he couldn't write 1 song with half the members of the current band is testiment to the fact that, as per point 3, he chose the wrong fucking people.........."handpicking the best of the best". You are kidding me right? 3 words. FRANK FERRER - ASHBA.

6. The band has become a revolving door band because the world can't be wrong. Doesn't look like Slash was either. Axl is a controlling narcissist who is torturous to work with. No-one will put up with that sh*t for the peanuts they'll earn [brain].

Your post makes it sound like Axl is some kind of victm of bad luck. He's done it all to himself.

Edited by JoePerry954
  • Like 3

1. He has chosen to surround himself not with friends, but with literally the equivalent of Nigerian scammers who are toxic towards his personal and professional life.

2. Axl does not work hard. When is the last time he rehearsed? went to the gym? Case in point, Rio show. More of the same, going from the couch to the stage.

3. He hand picks the best for his band? nobodies with absolute minimal history in the music business and if they didn't get the part in GNR they would still be complete unknowns.

4. Maybe if Axl didn't beat his girlfriends and act like a complete dick to his friends these relationships wouldn't "fall apart".

5. Trying to write songs with the new band didn't work not because the direction of the wind blowing that day. Axl has consistently chosen the wrong people for his band from day 1 of nuGNR! it's that simple. The fact that he couldn't write 1 song with half the members of the current band is testiment to the fact that, as per point 3, he chose the wrong fucking people.........."handpicking the best of the best". You are kidding me right? 3 words. FRANK FERRER - ASHBA.

6. The band has become a revolving door band because the world can't be wrong. Doesn't look like Slash was either. Axl is a controlling narcissist who is torturous to work with. No-one will put up with that sh*t for the peanuts they'll earn [brain].

Your post makes it sound like Axl is some kind of victm of bad luck. He's done it all to himself.

That second post is nail on head.

That first post is literally the perfect example of the brainwashed Axl fanbase, and almost sounds as if Axl wrote it himself. I've never heard someone talk that much about how bad someone has it since I heard Axl Rose saying it about himself. Listen, the guy fucked up. Others probably did too, but as you said, the bottom line is you fucked up in some way. Literally everyone else chose to move on. Axl INSISTED on keeping his previous band and trying to jump that hurdle and it bit him in the ass, as expected, and he has no one to blame but himself. It was his decision to hold these grudges that apparently were so bad that they were lifelong.

All I can say is the therapist in the Don't Cry video did not do a very good job and Axl should be put on display as the example of how therapy does not change everyone. Everything fell apart for him because he chose to be THIS Axl Rose. He got his wish and he did exactly what he wanted without people kicking him around, and it got him to these horrible places you describe.

• Like 3

I have a friend, who has a friend, who knows this guy, who knows Slash and he said that Slash and Axl have talked and it's official. Guns N' Roses are getting back together after Slash's solo tour. Trust me on this one guys. Like I said I have a friend, who has a friend, who knows a guy, who knows Slash. It's really happening.

I have a friend who has a friend who is REALLY upset with you for putting your band's album on his Ipod when he didn't ask for it.

Whiners can delete it they don't like it. Haters gonna hate.

Thanks for ignoring what I actually said in my post. Even if you think everything that goes wrong is 100 percent his fault and that he's a spoiled, delusional screwup, it still sucks for him. If you drive away everything you care about, it sucks the same.

In fact, if you read my post carefully, you'll see it's more geared towards an Axl who fucks up a lot and then feels like shit for it.

But...people don't like to read or comprehend or pay attention. And then there's the language barrier for some, which is understandable.

Edited by Amish

Just stop with the axl rose pity party. You may recall he had the baddest band on the planet. They all got sick of his shit as well.

The guy has zero interest in the product he puts out. When you have a glorified drum tech like Frank Ferrer on drums for 8 years, the situation is made perfectly clear.

Agreed; just making a point of people using Axl's age as an example excuse for his shit ass performance's.

• Like 1

Frank is better than Matt Scrotum

Not in this band.

It seems like *most* people would be satisfied if Axl simply put out a statement or a video saying "I'm well past my natural prime. I obviously *can* sing like I used to, for the most part, but not at a consistent level. I tone it down for live shows and I fuck up a lot vocally because I'm having a lot of trouble finding a live voice. 2010 was an anomaly/cocaine/something to prove/whatever year. I can't constantly run for 3 hours or even one hour because I'm kind of old at this point. I'm still trying to put on a pretty good show and I think for the most part, I'm succeeding."

Maybe he won't address these issues because he's embarrassed or because it would be bad for business overall? I don't think he's in denial about these issues. In fact, he openly admits to being a fuckup a LOT. Now, the "apologizers and sympathizers" as many like to call them, are the ones who constantly say, no matter how different or poor the vocal or physical performance was, that "Axl hasn't lost a step. He's still singing and dancing like a 25 year old kid." Those are the ones who are clearly delusional.

There is one thing that I think is pretty true...the GNR live show right now is a better overall experience than any of the young bands going today. Everyone seems to have more energy onstage than all the younger bands and the show just rocks, even though it's not a mindblowing cokefest like it was in the 80s and 90s.

Edited by Amish

Not in this band.
More like not in this universe. Or any other, for that matter.
  • Like 1

It seems like *most* people would be satisfied if Axl simply put out a statement or a video saying "I'm well past my natural prime. I obviously *can* sing like I used to, for the most part, but not at a consistent level. I tone it down for live shows and I fuck up a lot vocally because I'm having a lot of trouble finding a live voice. 2010 was an anomaly/cocaine/something to prove/whatever year. I can't constantly run for 3 hours or even one hour because I'm kind of old at this point. I'm still trying to put on a pretty good show and I think for the most part, I'm succeeding."

Maybe he won't address these issues because he's embarrassed or because it would be bad for business overall? I don't think he's in denial about these issues. In fact, he openly admits to being a fuckup a LOT. Now, the "apologizers and sympathizers" as many like to call them, are the ones who constantly say, no matter how different or poor the vocal or physical performance was, that "Axl hasn't lost a step. He's still singing and dancing like a 25 year old kid." Those are the ones who are clearly delusional.

There is one thing that I think is pretty true...the GNR live show right now is a better overall experience than any of the young bands going today. Everyone seems to have more energy onstage than all the younger bands and the show just rocks, even though it's not a mindblowing cokefest like it was in the 80s and 90s.

Name one singer anywhere in the world of any age and any genre who has ever put out a statement like that in the entire history of recorded music. It's fucking ludicrous. You go out and you try until people stop paying to see you, that's how this shit works. Edited by tomfriend

See, thats where I disagree. Yes, it is a better overall experience than many of the young bands going today. But thats not really a good bar. Most of the bands today, IMO, aren't very good. GNR is going into the show with a canon of hits and well known songs we all want to hear. Other bands I see live don't have that luxury, and they usually have to win me over with a good show AND good music. With GNR, you know you already have the music down, and Axl has the money because of what the band is to put on a good "show". So thats not really a fair comparison or true statement because you can't compare GNR with a 50 year old singer to a young band.

And on top of that fact, I disagree that there is more energy on stage. I saw the band in 2011, and I swear I went with an open mind. The show was fine, but not great while also not being terrible. Here's the thing, aside from Bumble to a small extent, I don't see any energy whatsoever from the band. They are doing a gig and imitating parts. They aren't really energetic about it. I certainly don't blame them, I don't see why they would be. But to me they weren't full of energy. I like Fortus the best and I guess he has energy, but again its not consistent and the most energy I remember him having was during his solo. Other than that, and Bumble, the rest of the band are just going through the motions, while Axl is the only shred of the band that is unpredictable live and these days he barely makes the effort to do that.

And I agree with Tomfriend. For better or for worse, this is the life he chose. If he doesn't enjoy it and he's not giving 100%, he shouldn't be doing it anymore. Honestly, GNR does rather short tours these days and I don't think they ever do back to back nights. I know Axl isn't 25 anymore, but it seems very sad that he can't even be bothered to give it his all, which is his job, 3 hours every other night, for about 3 months combined of the year. Thats really not asking much. Its just expecting that from a performer.

I think you must be high if you think 2014 guns and roses is the best live band out there. Slash's band, Halestorm, the pretty reckless, alterbridge all blow them away live. Not even close.

I think you must be high if you think 2014 guns and roses is the best live band out there. Slash's band, Halestorm, the pretty reckless, alterbridge all blow them away live. Not even close.
Maybe better if you mean better at replicating the album experience. As entertaining shows full of energy and awesomeness, none of the bands you listed even come close.

Name one singer anywhere in the world of any age and any genre who has ever put out a statement like that in the entire history of recorded music. It's fucking ludicrous. You go out and you try until people stop paying to see you, that's how this shit works.

I know, that's what I was saying. Either it's an embarrassment issue or just a bad business decision. But it seems like a lot of the animosity comes from him NOT putting out such a statement. The closest he comes to it is referencing himself as a fuckup and an asshole.

Edited by Amish