Eddie Trunk: "[a GNR reunion] has been put to motion."

Lots of talk but I would be surprised if there'll be any difference by the time Axl decides to milk the GNR cow again. Except for Ron who I believe is gone indeed.

I believe we'll have Frank, Tommy and all the "gang" again, and Team Brazil will be on full force giving the fans what they need the most: enchiladas information.

Don't see Axl doing any drastic change at this point in his life. That includes releasing music.

• Like 2

Lots of talk but I would be surprised if there'll be any difference by the time Axl decides to milk the GNR cow again. Except for Ron who I believe is gone indeed.

I believe we'll have Frank, Tommy and all the "gang" again, and Team Brazil will be on full force giving the fans what they need the most: enchiladas information.

Don't see Axl doing any drastic change at this point in his life. That includes releasing music.

that would suck

BIG TIME

rock bottom can go deeper

if all this would happen it will be the biggest thing in Rock history, GN'R parted ways in their prime they were the biggest band on the planet they had a huge reach of fans everywhere and if you only look how many still are. GN'R facebook page is in the top 4 most populair FB pages from all rockbands only Greenday, Metallica and Linkin Park have more followers. With a reunion GN'R could easily fill Wembley stadium sized venues everywhere they play

It wouldn't be the biggest thing in rock history, but it would be huge. It would be a Pink Floyd/Zeppelin type thing that is just explosive. It would be on par with KISS when they got back together in 1996, and probably even bigger.

Thing is, the Floyd/Zeppelin levels ones have never properly happened. They came together in weird ways for a show, but they never "got back together". Is GNR, of all bands, really going to be the one that does it right? Thats another one of those things that seems impossible to believe.

we can all just think and imagine about and have a little hope, but i don't take it for granted, if it happens it would be .... well no words but if it doesn't well then we just have what we had for the last 8 years

Only reunion I'd accept is full reunion with all 5 guys that recorded AFD. OK, I'll be allright with Matt or another drummer, but if anyone of Axl/Duff/Izzy/Slash is NOT involved, then I prefer no reunion at all, and let the guys carry on with their own shit- Axl with NuGNR, Slash with Myles etc.

Victory or Death

All or Nothing

In it to Win it...

gonna take a team of moderators or a whole lot of "keep your mouth shut" to get it to go. Instead of beggers and hangers on backstage there can be a whole team of professionals. Psychoanalysts, Medical technicians, Alcoholic Anynonmous sponsors, referees......

At this point I think I'd prefer the afd lineup, and trade Myles for Axl at this stage in their respective careers.

no way and not worth it

all axl has to do is clean himself up and get in the swing of things

I dunno, I think the Appetite lineup with Myles would be pretty bad ass.. I do agree if Axl was on his game, it would be better.. But what are the chances of that? He would need to get in shape and give it 110% like he used to.

At this point I think I'd prefer the afd lineup, and trade Myles for Axl at this stage in their respective careers.

no way and not worth it

I dunno, I think the Appetite lineup with Myles would be pretty bad ass.. I do agree if Axl was on his game, it would be better.. But what are the chances of that? He would need to get in shape and give it 110% like he used to.

i don't think he would fuck it up if the OG's were all involved

i think he's got a substance abuse issue with too much booze, smoking and coke

he needs to get a hold of himself, detox, hit the gym and exercise his fucking voice, get a girlfriend and he'll be all good

• Like 1

no way and not worth it

i don't think he would fuck it up if the OG's were all involved

i think he's got a substance abuse issue with too much booze, smoking and coke

he needs to get a hold of himself, detox, hit the gym and exercise his fucking voice, get a girlfriend and he'll be all good

I'll take the sure thing. Axl ain't in his 20 anymore and to me his voice sounds shot.

Axl's most recent voice wasn't bad. If he brought this vocally I wouldn't be disappointed. As long as he isn't looking at the video monitor for words and bumble isn't messing up the solo then I'll be fine with this voice.

Axl can still bring it vocally, I just think he needs to get into much better shape in order to put on a reunion show. It would improve his breathing, his notes, and bring back some energy that's been lost.

He probably knows that if he wants to keep performing he needs to change up his diet.

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 1

http://youtu.be/VsZGLlnc6xc

Axl's most recent voice wasn't bad. If he brought this vocally I wouldn't be disappointed. As long as he isn't looking at the video monitor for words and bumble isn't messing up the solo then I'll be fine with this voice.

http://youtu.be/A1P1A7TmGXo

Axl can still bring it vocally, I just think he needs to get into much better shape in order to put on a reunion show. It would improve his breathing, his notes, and bring back some energy that's been lost.

He probably knows that if he wants to keep performing he needs to change up his diet.

God I hate the way the band sounds. I guess axl sounds better in that clip.

no way and not worth it

+1

reunion would give axl an extra motivation to get fit.... reunion is the best thing that can happen to axl at this point.

by the way, i don't know why myles kennedy is being mentioned in this thread, he's an awful singer.

Edited by supercool
  • Like 1

Victory or Death

All or Nothing

In it to Win it...

gonna take a team of moderators or a whole lot of "keep your mouth shut" to get it to go. Instead of beggers and hangers on backstage there can be a whole team of professionals. Psychoanalysts, Medical technicians, Alcoholic Anynonmous sponsors, referees......

SNAKEPIT REFERENCE!!!

• Like 2

Axl isn't a lost cause when it comes to his vocals, I'm positive if he exercised, rehearsed with the band and took a bit better care of himself the standard of his performances would lift dramatically.

Once again hypothetically, but if there was a reunion you'd assume that he wouldn't have it all his own way like with his GNR and he would have to put the groundwork in to put on a good show instead of just going in cold and winging it with no rehearsal etc.

I refuse to believe any reunion talk, but I want to.

I'm genuinely curious, and maybe someone that has more experience in this field could answer this for me:

Is it really possible for Axl to sing as well as the old days? Maybe not the old old days, but GNR songs are really hard to sing. At 52, is it possible to sing them really well anymore? He just had so much energy back in the 90s, and he had something similar in 2006 but it was still different. I guess its just me, but even in 2010 I haven't seen many GREAT performances. Maybe I'm harsh. But that was 4 years ago. At what point do these songs become unsingable I guess is my main question. Is it really all just a matter of having a trainer and getting into better shape? Would he need to go to a vocal coach to really strengthen his voice? And is strengthening his voice up to GNR standards possible at this time? I really don't know how this stuff works vocally.

I know there are bands that have been around forever and still make it work, but I don't think their material is as demanding. Like, I feel like there are songs like Perfect Crime that Axl just could never ever sing again. Unless I'm wrong. I just don't get how he wouldn't blow his voice permanently if he was really giving it. He's got the screams, he got the rasp, he's got the rapid fire words. Reunion or not, when CAN'T he sing this anymore? Or with proper training would he be able to do this for years to come?

That Nightrain sounds fucking great, and Yesterday also quite good. On the last couple of Vegas shows he had some great moments, the renditions of Better were all amazing.

This level of performance + old band would be fucking epic.

Edit: someone who even draws a mental picture of GNR performing without Axl, with MYLES FUCKING KENNEDY and old band members should be beaten up, put in a shuttle with just enough fuel and forced to leave Earth.

Edited by Pedrolg

One reason for Axl NOT to do it is fear he may look like the weak link.... Especially with Slash playing his best ever... I think for a 3-5 song set, Axl could be Axl. A full show, well, you will have some terrible moments vocally.. If Brian Johnson can still sing, Axl should be able to as well.