Eddie Trunk: "[a GNR reunion] has been put to motion."

I bet BBF is Eddie's "source". It is common knowledge that BBF is friends with Trunk. That's my guess anyways.

Eddie Trunk may have other sources than BBF. The sources he's referring to may be outside the band.

Ali

If you all listened to the interview, you hear Eddie say; "When Aerosmith are on tour, its very different back stage. All the guys have their own dressing rooms, Tyler has his own manager, and they don't really see or talk to each other much. But when they hit the stage, it's game on." I'm paraphrasing there, but you get the just. Well Slash just got off tour with those guys, I bet its pretty damn similiar to what Axl does with NUgnr. When pushed comes to shove, what both Axl and Slash, and the rest of the guys for that matter want, really isn't that far off. They just gotta hash out the BS, which can probably be accomplished if they all sat in a room together.

You guys can't honest sit here and say "Slash is happier on his own than in a big band." I call BS to that, and just watching Aerosmith do it every night prolly made him miss it more.

Believe in the RUMBLINGS.....

Edited by Mike420

If you all listened to the interview, you hear Eddie say; "When Aerosmith are on tour, its very different back stage. All the guys have their own dressing rooms, Tyler has his own manager, and they don't really see or talk to each other much. But when they hit the stage, it's game on." I'm paraphrasing there, but you get the just. Well Slash just got off tour with those guys, I bet its pretty damn similiar to what Axl does with NUgnr. When pushed comes to shove, what both Axl and Slash, and the rest of the guys for that matter want, really isn't that far off. They just gotta hash out the BS, which can probably be accomplished if they all sat in a room together.

You guys can't honest sit here and say "Slash is happier on his own than in a big band." I call BS to that, and just watching Aerosmith do it every night prolly made him miss it more.

Believe in the RUMBLINGS.....

While I think that may be a bit off and optimistic in places, thats actually not terrible reasoning. I don't see why you think Slash isn't honestly happier in his own band than a big one. Why is that hard to believe at all? He doesn't care about press so he doesn't care about being in an ultra famous band I don't think, and this new band is his. As much as its a band, Slash calls the shots and they work around him. They don't have to fight, and even Myles has said at times I don't think Slash has ever sent me a bad guitar idea. You can see pretty easily there that, even if thats true, NONE of those guys are putting up a fight with him. And while that might box Slash in a bit creatively, without that tension, I'm sure at this point he's kind of happy at finally having some yes men.

However, it isn't ridiculous to think that on this tour he saw Aerosmith on stage and thought "its amazing people still care this much and that they really do get on stage together for the people and the money and just for being a rock and roll band. Through all the shit, they've gotten something right. It would be nice to maybe have that again." I still think its far fetched, cause I just can't wrap my mind around it with Slash's new album and future plans pretty set at the moment. But it isn't an insane thought.

And I'm glad others are coming to the defense that Eddie Trunk doesn't just "say things". If there were ever a comment to overanalyze, it would be this. Like I've said, he knows how fragile a situation this is, and I'm pretty sure he's rather say nothing than a vague tidbit like this if there was truly nothing happening.

Thing is... let's assume Duff is game. Plausible. I'd prefer Steven but I'd settle for Matt too. I don't think either would say no, I'm just not sure if Popcorn can still go.

Dizzy does whatever Axl does, so he's in too.

Then there's Slash. Let's assume that pigs fly, hell freezes over, the moon is in the seventh house, Jupiter aligns with Mars, a 24 leaf clover grows out of my ass and Slash and Axl get to talking seriously about this. Which means Axl would be in. Then there's Slash. He's said he might happen before, but I'm assuming he will not cancel the whole World On Fire promotion and tour for it. And it WILL be a full world tour. Even if he wanted to there would probably be many contractual obligations.

So... we're looking late 2015 early 2016 as the earliest options. That's a LOT of time for things to still blow up..

Then there's the matter of rhythm guitar. I can't see Izzy doing a world tour. A one-off yes, but no huge world tour with arena's and stadiums. That's exactly what he doesn't want to do anymore. So I really don't see it happening.

Alternatives? Gilby? Acceptable. I'd prefer Izzy, but still.

And then there's the ultimate horror scenario that will make me cry like a little bitch - Ashba staying to fill in for Izzy :mellow:

Still, there is the hell freezing over first option and all. This is one of those things I won't believe until I actually see them on a stage together. Same with Pink Floyd at Live 8. I knew it was going to happen. I wanted to believe it too. I just couldn't until I actually saw it. GnR is much the same in that aspect.

not worth holding your breath over, but i'd be very surprised if we never see the original lineup (or a variation thereof, e.g. sorum instead of adler) get on stage again together, providing they all live to old age. i've been saying this for years, but with the amount of money and outside pressure, i'd like to think axl would one day kind of look back on the old days with enough sentiment to say, fuck it.

and honestly? if axl has given up on his vision for the current lineup (not saying he HAS, just saying IF) then that would make it easier. i think a big part of his stubbornness and reluctance to perform with other members was due to not wanting to discredit the legitimacy of the new line-up. but maybe having duff join them on stage brought back feels, and perhaps if the current band is indeed on indefinite hiatus and some of them are moving on and he realizes the 'nugnr' era has come to an end, maybe, just maybe, he won't see it as a self-betrayal to perform on stage again with the old guys.

who knows. it'd be a helluva ticket.

• Like 1

not worth holding your breath over, but i'd be very surprised if we never see the original lineup (or a variation thereof, e.g. sorum instead of adler) get on stage again together, providing they all live to old age. i've been saying this for years, but with the amount of money and outside pressure, i'd like to think axl would one day kind of look back on the old days with enough sentiment to say, fuck it.

and honestly? if axl has given up on his vision for the current lineup (not saying he HAS, just saying IF) then that would make it easier. i think a big part of his stubbornness and reluctance to perform with other members was due to not wanting to discredit the legitimacy of the new line-up. but maybe having duff join them on stage brought back feels, and perhaps if the current band is indeed on indefinite hiatus and some of them are moving on and he realizes the 'nugnr' era has come to an end, maybe, just maybe, he won't see it as a self-betrayal to perform on stage again with the old guys.

who knows. it'd be a helluva ticket.

When he's 70? it will just be sad. If he was willing now, it would have probably ruined his new Gn'R, but it would have been still cool to see them all together on the same stage playing Nightrain. But it's probably not worth it to him and he really, really despises Slash it seems. Deal was public apology in 2001 in exchange for 3 or 4 Chinese songs that Slash could have been a part of. Personally, I don't blame Slash for basically saying fuck that, but now it's way too late. Too far gone. Since 2001 a lot has been said by Axl and Slash. The hall of fame thing came and went, cancer comments, guitar at hand comments...I think it won't happen.

Edited by Rovim

Okay for years Axl has said "not in this lifetime" and Slash has finally gotten the message because he's also saying he and Axl cannot play together, so why this rumor now?

Honestly, unless the original members agree to reunite and do new music, what is the point? money? I don't think Axl would agree to that.

Whatever happens, I wish all of them well. It'll never be the original members because Steven wouldn't be invited back because of his drug problem, so it wouldn't really be the original GNR.

Slash really never said never until lately.

He's been asked numerous times and never really said it won't happen. So I think Slash has been on the fence about it, but now like Axl says no to any reunion.

Maybe that's how it works. Everyone else wants reunion = won't do it. Nobody wants reunion anymore = Now I want to do it.

The ultimate oppositional defiance.

• Like 2

Slash really never said never until lately.

He's been asked numerous times and never really said it won't happen. So I think Slash has been on the fence about it, but now like Axl says no to any reunion.

Being open to whatever could happen is not the same that expecting something to happen.

Your reasoning is flawed.

Then there's Slash. He's said he might happen before, but I'm assuming he will not cancel the whole World On Fire promotion and tour for it. And it WILL be a full world tour. Even if he wanted to there would probably be many contractual obligations.

So... we're looking late 2015 early 2016 as the earliest options. That's a LOT of time for things to still blow up..

Its already been said, but you really can't discount this. Even if GNR were to be announced throughout the coming months, Slash HAS a new album tour. Like, thats going to happen and there's no ifs ands or buts about it. He WILL be on the road till the end of 2015, he has said that himself.

Thats all fine and dandy, and if this actually happened it would be amazing, but remember that even if it does we are so far away from it still. It wouldn't be till 2016, at the earliest! And thats a big if still.

Other thoughts just from stuff that has been said:

-I do think if Slash actually agreed to this, Izzy would come. It seems to once again always be forgotten, but it was said somewhere that Izzy said he would attend the Hall Of Fame if Axl did. I think if Slash and Axl got back together, we wouldn't really have to worry about Izzy standing in the way of it, even if it was a world tour. Having said all of that, if he doesn't, I'd be fine with Gilby. Keep it 94 and earlier members and I don't see a problem.

-Adler WOULD NOT be the only drummer of a GNR reunion world tour. Thats a definite. I don't believe he has the chops for a 2 and a half hour show each night for several months, and even if he did I don't think they'd trust his drug troubles. The bottom line is he's relapsed every time he's gotten sober and they wouldn't trust that. I'm almost positive he would come along (cause if you have everyone I don't think they'd just exclude him) and it would be a joint effort between him and Sorum, but it definitely wouldn't just be Adler. Either Sorum entirely or a joint effort.

-While all this discussion is happening, and with it even hypothetically occurring in 2016, a full GNR reunion has to happen soon. These songs are monsters to sing, and as much as it has been said in the past, every year that goes by is one worse for Axl. I personally cannot see him singing these songs in 5 years. I just can't. They are extremely demanding and I'm frankly I'm already surprised he's doing it at 50+ (however, you could argue the results are pretty bad, most times). I plain think they are more demanding than most bands in their 60s and with a full scale reunion, Axl is on full attention. The other guys can still play their instruments as good or better than they used to. Admittedly its easier for them, but that being the case, Axl will stick out if he sounds consistently bad. I would have give him the benefit of the doubt at times, but he can't sound like shit when playing with the real guys.

Even while writing this this seems so far away. Even if Axl is finally open to it, I genuinely think he's missed his chance. Slash has a lot of other stuff and Axl hasn't sounded good consistently in years.

• Like 1

Before Chinese Democracy came out, but after the visit to Axl's house, Slash had a brief period where he openly talked about wanting to be back in Guns. I have no idea where the quote is, but it's something along the lines of "I'm ready, let's do it, it's been long enough..."

A few years back a comment like this from Trunk would have resulted in a 50+ page thread by now.

The lack of reaction kind of says it all.

I don't think thats necessarily true. I think most of it is

a. people not believing it cause this happens every year or so

b. people not wanting to get their hopes up so they don't feel the need to contribute

or c. it is so far in the future that the less discussion there is about it, the better. When things are on a standstill in GNR land, thats when things go horrible, and thats been the case since day 1. Just best to watch from afar and not try to start a fire.

Before Chinese Democracy came out, but after the visit to Axl's house, Slash had a brief period where he openly talked about wanting to be back in Guns. I have no idea where the quote is, but it's something along the lines of "I'm ready, let's do it, it's been long enough..."

I do not think he ever said "I'm ready, let's do it", but I know I have heard him say something along the lines of "its been long enough that I'm kind of over any resentment thats been held. Its not coming from me".

And even with that comment, I don't think he's ever fully expressed an interest in rejoining the band. It has firmly remained in his answers over the last 20 years a thing of his past that he kind of insinuates won't ever really happen again for a number of reasons.

if all this would happen it will be the biggest thing in Rock history, GN'R parted ways in their prime they were the biggest band on the planet they had a huge reach of fans everywhere and if you only look how many still are. GN'R facebook page is in the top 4 most populair FB pages from all rockbands only Greenday, Metallica and Linkin Park have more followers. With a reunion GN'R could easily fill Wembley stadium sized venues everywhere they play

if all this would happen it will be the biggest thing in Rock history, GN'R parted ways in their prime they were the biggest band on the planet they had a huge reach of fans everywhere and if you only look how many still are. GN'R facebook page is in the top 4 most populair FB pages from all rockbands only Greenday, Metallica and Linkin Park have more followers. With a reunion GN'R could easily fill Wembley stadium sized venues everywhere they play

It wouldn't be the biggest thing in rock history, but it would be huge. It would be a Pink Floyd/Zeppelin type thing that is just explosive. It would be on par with KISS when they got back together in 1996, and probably even bigger.

Thing is, the Floyd/Zeppelin levels ones have never properly happened. They came together in weird ways for a show, but they never "got back together". Is GNR, of all bands, really going to be the one that does it right? Thats another one of those things that seems impossible to believe.

Okay for years Axl has said "not in this lifetime" and Slash has finally gotten the message because he's also saying he and Axl cannot play together, so why this rumor now?

Honestly, unless the original members agree to reunite and do new music, what is the point? money? I don't think Axl would agree to that.

Whatever happens, I wish all of them well. It'll never be the original members because Steven wouldn't be invited back because of his drug problem, so it wouldn't really be the original GNR.

Nothing matters as far as the past. Axl and Slash could both say they want the other to die today and it wouldn't affect how they feel in a month. People have moments of clarity all the time. What someone feels or believes in can change on a dime at a moments notice.

I'm not saying this is going to happen but if it did... it's definitely not going to shock me.

• Like 1