Eddie Trunk: "[a GNR reunion] has been put to motion."

Someone should tweet Trunk about this and try to get something more out of him.

I think he was pretty clear. He has been told that "way behind the scene things has been put in motion" I think he means promoters, some former manager and maybe the record company. Well that´s what it sounds like to me. If that is the case it´s not gonna happend. A reunion must be agreed by the original 5 members not from outsiders who decided on their own that there must be a reunion.

Thats exactly why that can't be what he means. Cause he knows what a GNR reunion means and he knows that promoters and managers always have things in motion for that. He wouldn't be saying anything like that if it was just that. IMO, based off the kind of guy Eddie is, if he's saying this, it means its more than that and he is like us and knows that it would have to do with band members. He wouldn't say anything if it was nothing new from the last 20 years. My problem is what he's saying seems so hard to believe at this point. His statements hold weight, I just hope this isn't the one in a million time where he is just talking out of his ass.

Sorry but the way Eddie spoke about his sources he made it sound like Axl doesn´t know about this. And it´s something done behind his back. We know Axl really hates it when stuff is done behind his back.

Someone should tweet Trunk about this and try to get something more out of him.

I think he was pretty clear. He has been told that "way behind the scene things has been put in motion" I think he means promoters, some former manager and maybe the record company. Well that´s what it sounds like to me. If that is the case it´s not gonna happend. A reunion must be agreed by the original 5 members not from outsiders who decided on their own that there must be a reunion.

Thats exactly why that can't be what he means. Cause he knows what a GNR reunion means and he knows that promoters and managers always have things in motion for that. He wouldn't be saying anything like that if it was just that. IMO, based off the kind of guy Eddie is, if he's saying this, it means its more than that and he is like us and knows that it would have to do with band members. He wouldn't say anything if it was nothing new from the last 20 years. My problem is what he's saying seems so hard to believe at this point. His statements hold weight, I just hope this isn't the one in a million time where he is just talking out of his ass.

Sorry but the way Eddie spoke about his sources he made it sound like Axl doesn´t know about this. And it´s something done behind his back. We know Axl really hates it when stuff is done behind his back.

Again, which is why I don't know why Eddie would say something. Cause he knows Axl and he's not just another idiot reporter guy. He knows what Axl doesn't like and he's most likely trying to stay in Axl's good graces after interviewing him twice. So if Axl doesn't know about this (and I actually presume Slash doesn't either), then I don't know why Eddie would say anything. My only confusion with this quote is Eddie isn't one to say things that aren't true, but also knows everything we just said to know not to say it if there was no reason to.

personally i want Slash to return to VR. His solo work is the ultimate shit, his live shows are ok.

You can have your opinion, but Slash is one of the most entertaining live shows currently going on IMO. At least in terms of energy and hard rock.

It'll only happen either two ways...Slash is dead first or Axl gets broke. Hopefully it'll be the later...

It'll never happen in a "good sense" kind of way for Axl - I mean the guy doesn't even speak a long time real friend like Marc Canter because of some small shit matter....

Edited by trqster

Like him or not Trunk is a smart guy that has sources. He knows a Gn'R reunion means Axl&Slash to 99% of the ticket buying public. We might get excited over Duff&Matt returning but Joe ticket buyer in the States probably doesn't care. It'd be sweet though if there was a 30th Anniversary reunion tour next year. It'd give us old folks a chance to relive our youth and the kids would get to see the real deal Gn'R. It's kind of like the rumoured Undertaker/Sting matchup for WrestleMania 31 next year. Like Gn'R it would have been better 10-15 years ago but it'll still be cool to see if/when it happens.

• Like 1

Trunk must have his reasons for believing something is going on. I can't see it happening though. I can't see Slash ever coming back, besides his past issues with Axl the guy has a really successful solo career. With the rumours of Tommy and Frank out of the band maybe Duff and Matt would come back. In some ways I could see Tommy leaving - The Replacements probably have a new record coming out and it's his band whereas in GN'R he's primarily playing someone else's parts. The thing is though that I don't see Duff doing the SA dates as an indication that he'd happily come back full time. It was probably a fun novelty for him to play the old songs again with Axl. I can't see him sicking around doing the same show until the end of time.

Trunk must have his reasons for believing something is going on. I can't see it happening though. I can't see Slash ever coming back, besides his past issues with Axl the guy has a really successful solo career. With the rumours of Tommy and Frank out of the band maybe Duff and Matt would come back. In some ways I could see Tommy leaving - The Replacements probably have a new record coming out and it's his band whereas in GN'R he's primarily playing someone else's parts. The thing is though that I don't see Duff doing the SA dates as an indication that he'd happily come back full time. It was probably a fun novelty for him to play the old songs again with Axl. I can't see him sicking around doing the same show until the end of time.

Yeah, but they change the show up every night. You never know what can happen at a GNR concert. Axl likes to keep them on their toes.

If Axl's voice doesn't change I would pay for them not to reunite, as it would destroy their legacy. I don't say that with malice, either, but if it's not like 2006 in terms of power and energy it ain't worth seeing.

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

I bet BBF is Eddie's "source". It is common knowledge that BBF is friends with Trunk. That's my guess anyways.

That could put an interesting slant on it.

It does seem strange that he would risk infuriating Axl and jeopardising future interviews by throwing this out there but maybe he's already burned his bridges on that one, who knows?

I think it's clear from all the rumours flying around since Vegas that something is afoot. Whether that translates into a partial or full reunion remains to be seen I guess.

i still call bullshit on a full reunion. i think if it happens it will be like what bacardi said. it really doesnt matter to me, if no new music comes out of the current lineup or some half baked reunion it doesnt amount to a piss hole in the snow to me.

• Like 1