Eddie Trunk: "[a GNR reunion] has been put to motion."

I don't think Axl would half-ass it around Slash onstage.

Axl has dedicated the last 18 years of his life to prove that he's better than Slash. Just standing onstage as a fat old guy while Slash runs around the stage and jumps off stuff would be conceding a loss.

Axl is Mayweather and Slash is Pacquiao. Time to stop ducking Slash and make some magic happen.

• Like 1

Axl has dedicated the last 18 years of his life to prove that he's better than Slash. Just standing onstage as a fat old guy while Slash runs around the stage and jumps off stuff would be conceding a loss.

Axl lost that battle (miserably) a long time ago.

Axl should be on his knees begging Slash to even consider getting on a stage with him in his current condition.

If it wasn't for the astronomical dollars any person would decline everyday of the week.

Axl's pathetic. He's finished. No one in the industry wants to work with him. Touring musicians walk out on the guy. TOURING MUSICIANS.

The environment Axl maintains in whacko NuGNRland is toxic to everyone involved, this has been shown in numerous ways but I think BFF's suicide attempt was the most confronting.

"Fuck Axl's band" - Ron Thal.

Edited by JoePerry954

He didn't just give his opinion. He is a respected journalist with known connections. Both Axl and Slash are his friends, and then he said some sources informed that deep down some stuff have been put to motion. He didn't just give his opinion.

• Like 1

He didn't just give his opinion. He is a respected journalist with known connections. Both Axl and Slash are his friends, and then he said some sources informed that deep down some stuff have been put to motion. He didn't just give his opinion.

Agreed. Like I said, Eddie's been in this business a long time and knows this band. There are very few times I disagree with him, but in this case I think he's dead wrong. If he had left it as "IMO I do think one day they'll get back together" that would be one thing. But he specifically said something deep down things are being put into motion. Thats not an opinion, that is stating something you have heard rumblings about and I'm shocked by his response because he knows the difference. This whole thing is very out of character for him, his initial comments and then that response.

However, what I basically take from that response tweet was that he doesn't actually know of things going on and what he meant to say was just his opinion. And he said other stuff that can't be taken at the same value. IE. there is really nothing to see here. But his initial comments very clearly made it sound like there was something worth looking into, and thats the first I've ever seen that from Eddie.

• Like 1

Agreed. Like I said, Eddie's been in this business a long time and knows this band. There are very few times I disagree with him, but in this case I think he's dead wrong. If he had left it as "IMO I do think one day they'll get back together" that would be one thing. But he specifically said something deep down things are being put into motion. Thats not an opinion, that is stating something you have heard rumblings about and I'm shocked by his response because he knows the difference. This whole thing is very out of character for him, his initial comments and then that response.

However, what I basically take from that response tweet was that he doesn't actually know of things going on and what he meant to say was just his opinion. And he said other stuff that can't be taken at the same value. IE. there is really nothing to see here. But his initial comments very clearly made it sound like there was something worth looking into, and thats the first I've ever seen that from Eddie.

ok its obvious he is just covering his ass

can you not see that?

he should've thought twice before implying reunion was imminent considering axl wouldn't appreciate rumours of the sort

on the other hand - who cares - lets get these guys back together asap - i give it a year and YES I WILL PAY TOP DOLLAR

axl will have enough time to get in game shape

and they should write an album - him izzy/slash/duff in a room

burry the motherfucking hatchet for good

ok its obvious he is just covering his ass

can you not see that?

he should've thought twice before implying reunion was imminent considering axl wouldn't appreciate rumours of the sort

on the other hand - who cares - lets get these guys back together asap - i give it a year and YES I WILL PAY TOP DOLLAR

axl will have enough time to get in game shape

and they should write an album - him izzy/slash/duff in a room

burry the motherfucking hatchet for good

Like I said, its just odd for someone like Eddie. He really doesn't usually say shit that isn't true, and he is as much a fan of this band as we are. So while I don't think he implied a reunion was "imminent", he implied that it wasn't as impossible as it used to be and at least something was in motion. Whereas now he's going back and not addressing that part. Its just very weird cause if you follow the guy, which I have simply because he's from my area so I've been exposed to him a lot easily, you would realize how odd a comment this is, given who the band is and given the information he seemed to be dropping about it. And then the reply which isn't quite in his style. He usually owns up to things, even though usually he doesn't have to cause they are opinions, while this one was something more.

But yes, I agree with you on the second part. It should be done already. Have Axl get in shape over the next year and a half, and Slash has said he's constantly writing music and riffs, so instead of sending those to Myles, he could send those to Axl to start working out lyrics too. Main problem would be that they couldn't full collaborate till early 2016 when Slash is done with his solo tour.

And you know, the bigger problem that this will never fucking happen anyway lol. But even moreso than 10 years ago, now is as good a time as any. They aren't getting any younger and 20 years really should be enough time to let bygones be bygones. You'd think from all the fans they've gained in the last two decades and all the documentaries and honors for what is admittedly a pretty small catalogue of music would make them realize this was a one in a million band and maybe its worth another shot.

Reuniting won't make Axl able to sing those songs again. He would just embarrass himself on an even huger scale.

I know people tend to only think about how bad some of Axl's latest performances have been, I think it's a little unfair to say he can't sing the songs. He did a fantastic job during the last Vegas run.

Eddie Trunk tweeted me:

"I gave my opinion as a fan when asked that I think 1 day it will happen & some made a big deal of it. Why I don't know..."

Well that wasn´t what Eddie did. He went beyond that just giving an opinion. An opinion would off been if Eddie said he would like a reunion to take place in the future. That´s not what he said. He mentioned he had sources telling him things were in motion. That´s information.

In my opinion Eddie fucked it up big time with the sources comment. And now he has to clean up his own mess somehow.

Axl has been able to maintain his position on Slash and nuGNR for so long because he's been enabled and affirmed by those around him.

There is one thing different in the narrative this time though, and that's Duff's return to GNR for that full week of touring.

The body language between Axl & Duff on stage, plus Axl's visible improvement in vocal form would say to me that those two gents were feeding off each other in a positive way. Some of the photos show Axl looking genuinely joyous to have Duff beside him.

So Axl finishes the tour and all of these rumours start popping up that Team Brazil are not as secure as they may have believed and that several band members could be on their way out the door.

If Axl is suddenly clearing house as is rumoured after 20 years of holding the line, its not inconceivable that Duff may have shown him another path to follow with GNR.

People are correct, there is so much shit to get by but if Axl is clearing house then the playing field just got a whole lot easier to navigate.

If Axl is suddenly clearing house as is rumoured after 20 years of holding the line, its not inconceivable that Duff may have shown him another path to follow with GNR.

People are correct, there is so much shit to get by but if Axl is clearing house then the playing field just got a whole lot easier to navigate.

Agreed that combine the fact the Duff just toured with Axl which maybe brought up some old feelings and good memories with the fact that Slash did just tour with Aerosmith and see them get on stage every night 40 years down the line to blow audiences away, and its not INSANE to think that all of them just happen to be feeling the same thing at the same time.

I still doubt it, and as has been mentioned, Slash still has a full year of touring left before hypothetically anything were to happen. But there are at least reasons on both sides that they've maybe seen a different light as of recently.

Slashs solo tour is the perfect opportunity for Axl to get in shape (vocal and health wise), he has more than a year from now on - I just wonder who will be the person to tell axl straight to his face that he is currently not in the right shape for such a huge tour with that high expectations from the fans.

Of course Slash would be on board for a reunion - he is out there talking with fans and media and he knows quit well what all of them really want - he doesn't seem to be that kind of person who would ruin that for all of us

The only reunion I envision is, a temporary one with Izzy and Duff - perhaps at some award show, or, during the encore of one of New gnr's shows.

nah come on

once axl twists and turns himself around and realizes that there truly are no real ill feelings and they meet in a group setting or 1 on 1

things will take off

99% chance Axl just put Trunk on the epic list of people who are Out Ta Get him.

yep hence his immediate retracting oh shit what have i done

sometimes i dont understand how people can have such big mouths

i mean shit it's great news - and it appears through some sort of messenger or even direct contact whether it be email or whatever, it appears that words have been exchanged - MY GOSH ... the EARTH HAS MOVED!

I can't wait for the official statements that Stinson, Ferrer and Thal have left so Axl can write some more epic rants about how they all hindered the release of new music

They refused to dive in and find the monkey.

Axl was shocked to find that pseudo-studio musicians had a pseudo-studio musician work ethic.

Biggest hurdle facing the reunion will be how much control Axl gives Slash. If Slash teams up with Axl again he will be joining Axl's GNR. It will be Axl's show and everything will be dictated by him and his management.

On these terms Slash will stay miles away! He enjoys having control too, so unless this is agreed on that everyone will have equal say in how it goes down then the show won't happen. Everytime Slash is asked why he left GNR he says "it's not so much me leaving as it is me not agreeing to joining Axl's version of the band. That's why he still hates me"