Eddie Trunk: "[a GNR reunion] has been put to motion."

Guys, I've been thinking...a lot...and I'm starting to think that this reunion isn't really happening

Hey, you know what would be weird? If they announced a reunion and then one of them died lol

Edited by Amish

Don't be. I know what I've heard. It's not just my opinion. There was really good shows in 2012. Not many, but enough to make all I've said in this thread true. He improved GREATLY since rio 2011. You're talking outta your ass. Sorry.

I am sorry, though. Eh, I understand you're getting upset but repeating yourself doesn't make you right, not even one bit.

"Really good shows" is very subjective, and I have not seen a good show since Rio 2011, what I have seen is phoned-in performances with one or two exceptions in a song or two. Overall, all awful in comparison of what I saw in 2010, and not only when I saw Axl's band live, but what I saw on YouTube and from other people's footage all over the world.

Your opinion will never be a fact, so supporting your subjetive opinion on what others think doesn't make it true. I would do the same, since there are a lot of people who think Axl performance has decreased 500% since Rio, but I won't.

I'm not talking outta my ass. I understand you're angry but you're not always right. In fact, I don't remember the last time you were right about something. :lol:

lol not getting upset at all. Cut the shit out man. There were a bunch of good to great shows since rio 2011. Much, much better shows. Even attended one of 'em. I know it's hard to accept, but Axl is not total shit ALL the time.

Saying I'm upset and angry won't change how silly resorting to shit tactics like making it about me look like to anyone with a brain. I understand your fragile ego is at stake here, but it's not about me.

It's borderline retarded to really think Axl didn't improve at all since rio 2011. There were full shows in 2012 that Axl delivered really good performances. I have no problem calling a spade a spade, but you seem to struggle with admitting there were good shows since the rio disaster. It's not 2010 good so it must be shit lol.

It's my perception that you're getting upset, otherwise I don't understand why you have to resort to personal insults? I disagree with your opinion but I don't think it's borderline retarded. Stating that you're not upset but insulting people who share the same opinion as me, it's not clever. What were you saying about shit tactics?

If not being right makes you angry and irks you so much maybe you should think before trying to pass your opinion as a fact? There were not full shows where Axl delivered high-quality performances, unless your definition of "high-quality" is "shit". Like I said, a full good show is from start to end, not a song or two. I don't think I have denied that there were good performances here and there during 2012, I followed the tour closely and I even went to the final show of the leg, and I was there seeing a shit performance from Axl Rose.

You're having issues with understanding that you're not judging a particular show but an entire tour. I'm sorry but 1 good performance + 1200 shit performances can't be good in my eyes. And if I should take in consideration what other people think (as you did), then you will be surprised to see that most people think the same: It wasn't good.

guys what about Philly 2012? Phoenix 2011 and stuff, there were some good shows

I used to be 90% more intrigued by Axl's vision of two more records and touring than I was of a reunion since it's a pretty hollow and gaudily romantic notion to take too seriously but at this point it's the only way he's going to do anything progressive for at least 5 more years and he'll be well on the way to fucking 60 by the time he decides he ought to work on new music, which is a joke.

Edited by RandallFlagg

If Bumble,Tommy and Ferrer are gone

just call Buckethead and Brian

Axl,Buckethead,Fortus,Duff,Brian is one hell of a line-up, I'd kick this clown Ashba out but it's not happening, but Bucket + Brian would be awesome, they would be able to release record without any major re-recording by Bumble as well.

I don't know how possible it is but there were rumours that Tommy hated Bucket and wanted him out, and know is Tommy possibly gone and with Brian in the band it could be possible.

That's the only reunion I'm interested in.

Leave Slash alone as it isn't happening.

If I had the power to start a band that would just put out one album in 2015 and tour for a year, Axl would still be my first choice as a singer. Nobody else out there today brings to the table what he can.

Not even close to being true.

It's all about personal preference.

I feel Axl is the top dog out there.

You don't.

Again.....personal preference.

Agreed; and we ain't changing any body's mind....lol

I think Lzzy and Taylor are great. I'd go see either one of them live.

Do you like hardcore superstar? That singer is pretty amazing, and puts on a great performance live.

Never heard of them; definitely check out Halestorm and the pretty reckless. Seeing both next month and alterbridge next week.

Holy crap, are people here really saying that Axl is still the best in today's music world?

Jeez. Maybe get out a little more.

Nope. Learn how to read. It was said here that nobody else brings to the table what Axl brings, which is true. Even now. (on a good day when Axl doesn't suck vocally)

Axl hasn't brought IT since 94. From 85-94, Axl was hands down the best front man in rock. But he doesn't bring it like he used to even when his voice doesn't suck.

Sad state of music if Axl is the best frontman/singer in the biz right now. Thankfully that's not the case.

This.

People don't know the difference between past and present. The late-80s/early-90s are long gone and the last time Axl delivered high-quality performances and not some "12.4 seconds of rasp OMGZ!!" moments was 4 years ago.

On a good day he's STILL better then most rock singers out there. (not many good days but there were some in the last leg of the tour for example)

Respectfully agree to disagree...lol

• Like 1

Everything is possible in the GNR world... it's even possible that nobody is leaving the band, that no release is coming, and that they are going to tour the same thing until Axl can't move (and sing) anymore.

I think the only option for Axl to jump again to the big screen is to do a full reunion. A new album with the current lineup or a semireunion won't change anything. What people want to see is Axl + Slash performing live...

Eddie Trunk is a trustable source and he is also talking about "sources telling him that very deep a GNR reunion has put to motion"... I don't know, but there also have been a lot of coincidences since that last show in Vegas.

For me, a full reunion will happen after Slash's tour.

Axl is not stupid, he knows what the people want to see.

Couldn't disagree more. Axl is stupid (refused to promote his own album, for example) and is completely clueless about what people want. He only cares about what he wants.

Just because he doesn't give a shit about what other people want doesn't mean he is clueless to it. It just makes him exactly like 99% of the general population and 100% of the rich population.

Get your own soup.

Axl is stupid (refused to promote his own album, for example)

PC - but don't you know that he did that to teach the label a lesson?

Isn't it funny how the flopping works?

He doesn't promote his own album...........label's fault.

He tours the same album for six years........doing so to promote the album.

It's funny how some people twist everything he does to a positive or to make somebody else be at fault. And eventually they end up arguing both sides of the coin!

Couldn't disagree more. Axl is stupid (refused to promote his own album, for example) and is completely clueless about what people want. He only cares about what he wants.

Just because he doesn't give a shit about what other people want doesn't mean he is clueless to it. It just makes him exactly like 99% of the general population and 100% of the rich population.

Get your own soup.

I´m not so sure Axl knows what he wants. Or maybe he knows but he can´t figure out how to get it done. And unfortunately for him he doesn´t have competent people around to help him.

Get your own soup.

I´m not so sure Axl knows what he wants. Or maybe he knows but he can´t figure out how to get it done. And unfortunately for him he doesn´t have competent people around to help him.

Maybe, but we weren't discussing if he knows what he wants.

Get your own soup.

Sure if he knew we will be discussing CDII and III instead of a reunion or some other pointless SA Tour. He needs another Tom Zutaut or another Constazo or both working together. And of course a real manager

Get your own soup.

Sure if he knew we will be discussing CDII and III instead of a reunion or some other pointless SA Tour. He needs another Tom Zutaut or another Constazo or both working together. And of course a real manager

Couldn't hurt anything.

I did give 2010 as an example in one of my posts, but even in 2012 there were good shows that you seem to ignore.

Talking outta your ass is an insult? a shit tactic? Don't be so touchy it wasn't that personal.

Once again: in my opinion, Axl on a good day, on a particularly good show, is better then most rock singers out there today. What's so hard to understand?

Nothing good about Axl seem to be true to you so alright lol.

You not focusing on me personally in this thread is a lie. Counted at least 3 times that you've pointed out how angry I am or annoyed or whatever the fuck. That's a shit tactic right there.

And yes, there were many shows that were utter shit. Horrid shows. But not every show was shit, or even just some good songs in shit overall shows. That's just you not being able to accept Axl has good days as well beyond 2010.

You can't even accept he's improved since rio 2011. Maybe the main reason why I can't take you seriously in this thread.

You didn't prove shit. Proved me wrong how? :rofl-lol: I'm not blind, if anything I think I'm very objective but that's just my opinion man. And I never lower the bar. Not this motherfucker. (I actually fuck mothers)

I went to a GN'R show that took place DAYS after the Rock in Rio 2011 failure and IT WAS FRIGGIN AMAZING! :headbang:

I was scared of being bad luck and having to attend shit crap, after seeing that Rio 2011 performance. But I was quickly proven wrong and relieved for not feeling that I had wasted my money.

Axl is bipolar even in his performances. In the 90's he didn't have "good days" either and no one pointed anything because he was a hurricane. I dont know since when these fake GNR fans want him to sound like Pavarotti... its a rock show.... vocal perfection doesn't exist...

Also, whoever judges an entire tour because of one or two shows that sucked or a couple of songs that didnt sound that good is a pig-head. And unless you attended every damn show of a tour, whatever your opinion is based on what you watched on YouTube videos filmed with a smartphone equals virtual sex.

I don't remember Phoenix 2011, only Philly 2012. That particular show had good moments, then again 2012 was completely overshadowed by incredibly awful performances and a terrible disaster. The fact that you're only able to mention 1 show per year, speaks volumes. :lol:

Nobody denies Axl has had good moments here and there during these last four years, but overall, he has sucked major ass.

Agreed.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

I don't remember Phoenix 2011, only Philly 2012. That particular show had good moments, then again 2012 was completely overshadowed by incredibly awful performances and a terrible disaster. The fact that you're only able to mention 1 show per year, speaks volumes. :lol:

Nobody denies Axl has had good moments here and there during these last four years, but overall, he has sucked major ass.

Agreed.

Last philly show I went to was in 01 or 02.

Holy crap, are people here really saying that Axl is still the best in today's music world?

Jeez. Maybe get out a little more.

Nope. Learn how to read. It was said here that nobody else brings to the table what Axl brings, which is true. Even now. (on a good day when Axl doesn't suck vocally)

Axl hasn't brought IT since 94. From 85-94, Axl was hands down the best front man in rock. But he doesn't bring it like he used to even when his voice doesn't suck.

Exactly. I'd say there were still some moments that were truly great in 2006, nothing like the classic years, but truly great.

I remember checking out videos for the first time at the beginning of the 2010 tour. I remember thinking, "At least he sounds pretty good." Because so much of the energy was gone, so much of the speed and ferocity was gone, which meant so much of the stage presence was gone. I was sad, but at least the voice was there, otherwise it wouldn't even be worth going to the show. Well, his stage performance and, more importantly, his voice have gone way downhill since then, particularly the voice. Not only is Axl not a great frontman anymore, except for the rarest of instances when he shines for like 30 seconds on a song or even once in a blue moon on an entire song, he's more of an embarrassment, even by nostalgia rock standards - and he's made me feel lame to admit I'm a GNR fan, not because of how others respond, but more because it just feels kind of embarrassing to be a GNR fan in 2014, and thait's telling, because there was a time when I just knew in my gut that I was right about how great he was, because the songs held up, and the performance held up, but now nothing holds up. CD was shit. His performances are shit. They can't be used to excuse his general buffoonery anymore.

Exactly. I'd say there were still some moments that were truly great in 2006, nothing like the classic years, but truly great.

I remember checking out videos for the first time at the beginning of the 2010 tour. I remember thinking, "At least he sounds pretty good." Because so much of the energy was gone, so much of the speed and ferocity was gone, which meant so much of the stage presence was gone. I was sad, but at least the voice was there, otherwise it wouldn't even be worth going to the show. Well, his stage performance and, more importantly, his voice have gone way downhill since then, particularly the voice.

While I completely agree that the most of the energy of "2006 Axl" disappeared by 2010, I just can't ignore the fact that he was also, getting older. Would you say that 2010 wasn't a great year for a 48-year-old Axl? I definitely would.

As for the rest of your post. Spot on, bro.

• Like 1

I felt really bad for Axl during the Golden Gods, particularly WTTJ. You could tell he was really trying with the rasp, but he just couldn't overcome Mickey.

And I think that's very much noticeable during the end of Don't Cry too. He changes his voice because he just can't hit those notes anymore.

I remember checking out videos for the first time at the beginning of the 2010 tour. I remember thinking, "At least he sounds pretty good." Because so much of the energy was gone, so much of the speed and ferocity was gone, which meant so much of the stage presence was gone. I was sad, but at least the voice was there, otherwise it wouldn't even be worth going to the show. Well, his stage performance and, more importantly, his voice have gone way downhill since then, particularly the voice.

While I completely agree that the most of the energy of "2006 Axl" disappeared by 2010, I just can't ignore the fact that he was also, getting older. Would you say that 2010 wasn't a great year for a 48-year-old Axl? I definitely would.

As for the rest of your post. Spot on, bro.

Oh, 2010 was definitely a great year for a 48 year old Axl. No doubt about it. That's kind of what I meant. But even in 2006, there were a few moments (as WTTJ plays at the 'Bama/Miss game I'm watching) when you didn't have to add that "for a 44 year old" or whatever. He was just great. Period. By 2010 it wasn't that anymore, which is understandable, because we're all mortal and, like you said, dude was starting to get up there. 2011 is when it got seriously bad, and you couldn't even say the he was good for his age, and it's been nosedive after nosedive ever since, with the extremely rare exception here and there.