Eddie Trunk: "[a GNR reunion] has been put to motion."

sorry man English is not my main language so sometimes i ain´t that punctual in describing what i mean. :P And i said that i understand why you complain and refuse to be positive about what he delivers nowadays sorry if i was not clear enough lol but anyway ofcourse axl is the only one who is to blame things could have worked out a whole different way if he would've continued what he was doing in 2010 and from there on pushed through for new music because i would say the new era band was on it's peak that time.

lol

So, it seems that I understood a complete different version of your post. English is not my first language either so I was a bit lost, to be honest. :lol: I sincerely apologize!

Yeah, definitely agree with what you're saying. I wish things could change. For me, as long as Axl gets his fire back, I'm happy. Things were supposed to be better in 2011 but we all know what happened.

I guess that Axl still needs to waste even more years of his life doing nothing.

Well after the recent Slash video on Axl, it's pretty clear that something seems to be in motion after all.... Hopefully it'll happen before Axl or Slash die of old age.

The only thing in motion is Slash's current tour

This.

Reunion will never happen. Can't wait to see Slash live soon!

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Never is a big word. Pink Floyd happened. So anything can happen.

But the fact of the matter is that Slash just put out an album and that he's touring and promoting that album. Which means there are a lot of contractual obligations for him in the forseeable future. Which means no GnR reunion soon.

Never is a big word. Pink Floyd happened. So anything can happen.

But the fact of the matter is that Slash just put out an album and that he's touring and promoting that album. Which means there are a lot of contractual obligations for him in the forseeable future. Which means no GnR reunion soon.

The life span for a tour / promotion of a new Slash album is usually short, maybe around 1 year. I'm pretty sure that if a reunion was to happen it wouldn't be the World On Fire promotion that would stop it.

However I do not believe there'll be a reunion. Axl's hurt / angry with Slash, he even wrote here that he had tears of anger for Slash so just let it go. They forge their own paths now, life goes on.

Well after the recent Slash video on Axl, it's pretty clear that something seems to be in motion after all.... Hopefully it'll happen before Axl or Slash die of old age.

The only thing in motion is Slash's current tour

This.

Reunion will never happen. Can't wait to see Slash live soon!

yeah, I'm stuck waiting till april or may here in the USA. Glad to be see AlterBridge this coming Friday night however.

Nobody seriously thinks a reunion is happening do they?

Nope.

Even if it would, Axl still wouldn't bother to rehearse.

Besides that, Axl has the name, the band members would have to be his employees and settle with his terms and general bullshit behaviour. I would say it's not likely to happen.

I think many of you are far to quick to dismiss these "rumors". I know many of you won't believe anything until it is official, but really? Reunions happen folks, its part of the whole "deal". VH, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, The Eagles and many more have reunited despite the odds seeming less than zero. Is it going to happen this year? Probably not. Next year? Maybe. But honestly I do see it happening within the next 3 years for sure.

I also don't think these "issues" Slash has are near as big of a deal as most of you are claiming. GNR is not run much different than Aerosmith, The Stones, VH, and many other big bands. Honestly I think Slash used to say those things because he is trying to validate his decision to quit. You honestly don't think Steven Tyler or Mick Jagger dictate how their bands are going to go? Yes Axl would have to give up some control, but their is a lot of room for guys to pick up his slack, interviews and what nots.

Where their is smoke their is fire, and clearly their has been some gnr reunion smoke going around since Duff played with Axl.

It'd be a saint status earning miracle if they even buried the hatchet on a personal level, let alone a full blown reunion.

I still want it miles more than the train wreck we have now, but any actual hope for a reunion should've been diminished two and a half years ago. At the latest. I'd love to be wrong more than anybody here, but I won't be. God damn it. I won't be. :(

It'd be a saint status earning miracle if they even buried the hatchet on a personal level, let alone a full blown reunion.

I still want it miles more than the train wreck we have now, but any actual hope for a reunion should've been diminished two and a half years ago. At the latest. I'd love to be wrong more than anybody here, but I won't be. God damn it. I won't be. :(

The rock hall of fame thing has been way over blown by us fans. Yes it would have been nice, but they tried to force Axl into it. We should all know by now, you can't force Axl to do anything he doesn't want to do, period. That's why the hall of fame failed, it was doomed from the get go. That's why I personally don't place much emphasis on it. If Axl is going to do a reunion; its going to be on his terms, not the record company, not the hall of fame, not managers, etc. Now yes Axl would have to make some concessions to the band mates in order for it to happen, basically not treat them like "employess" is a big one. Which technically Axl is an employee of Guns n' Roses as well, they made it corporation is all. It's just that Axl also has all of (if not most) of the shares of said corporation. Would he have to give some shares to the other guys in order for a reunion to happen? That's the million dollar question. But I honestly think making big money, finishing what they started, ending on a high note, and mutal respect is far more important to all of them, then who owns the name. Axl was always willing to share the limelight, especially with Slash. That seems like respect if you ask me? I mean honestly, if a reunion was to happen, we would see both Slash and Duff all over the tv and net giving interviews. Axl and Izzy would not be doing much, if any of that. It just seems like a win for everybody from my perspective.

Before Duff returned.... All bets are off.

The rock hall of fame thing has been way over blown by us fans. Yes it would have been nice, but they tried to force Axl into it. We should all know by now, you can't force Axl to do anything he doesn't want to do, period. That's why the hall of fame failed, it was doomed from the get go. That's why I personally don't place much emphasis on it. If Axl is going to do a reunion; its going to be on his terms, not the record company, not the hall of fame, not managers, etc. Now yes Axl would have to make some concessions to the band mates in order for it to happen, basically not treat them like "employess" is a big one. Which technically Axl is an employee of Guns n' Roses as well, they made it corporation is all. It's just that Axl also has all of (if not most) of the shares of said corporation. Would he have to give some shares to the other guys in order for a reunion to happen? That's the million dollar question. But I honestly think making big money, finishing what they started, ending on a high note, and mutal respect is far more important to all of them, then who owns the name. Axl was always willing to share the limelight, especially with Slash. That seems like respect if you ask me? I mean honestly, if a reunion was to happen, we would see both Slash and Duff all over the tv and net giving interviews. Axl and Izzy would not be doing much, if any of that. It just seems like a win for everybody from my perspective.

Before Duff returned.... All bets are off.

Before Duff had played whole shows with GNR, yes, but he had still guested multiple times with them. I don't think Axl will play with someone he hates, and based on what we've heard from Marc I don't believe Axl will ever be willing to speak to Slash again even with an apology, let alone without one. If you believe someone has taken 15 years of your life...I don't see someone getting over that shit. Then again, Ritchie Blackmore & Ian Gillan recently reconciled, so you never know.

sorry man English is not my main language so sometimes i ain´t that punctual in describing what i mean. :P And i said that i understand why you complain and refuse to be positive about what he delivers nowadays sorry if i was not clear enough lol but anyway ofcourse axl is the only one who is to blame things could have worked out a whole different way if he would've continued what he was doing in 2010 and from there on pushed through for new music because i would say the new era band was on it's peak that time.

lol

So, it seems that I understood a complete different version of your post. English is not my first language either so I was a bit lost, to be honest. :lol: I sincerely apologize!

Yeah, definitely agree with what you're saying. I wish things could change. For me, as long as Axl gets his fire back, I'm happy. Things were supposed to be better in 2011 but we all know what happened.

I guess that Axl still needs to waste even more years of his life doing nothing.

Shit happens man :P we just do our best haha, but yeah we indeed know what happend and it is not that we have such high expectations, i mean all we ask for is a Axl in his beast mode being the frontman as we know him and some new songs. Now like that Prostitute live in vegas but then in every song training his voice a bit warm it up warm it down, get in Steven Tyler shape and get up there!

I mean what more can we expect from a band that was the biggest band in the world around the early 90's in modern 2014 with a shitty music business. with only 2 members aboard who were there at the time?

all we ask for is that 2006-2010 fire in it again and some new music and dusting off songs like dead horse and pretty tied up like they did with yesterdays if all this happens around this band i am more than satisfied because thats all what's possible. They won't be the new beatles no more lol

Been away from the board for a while and I doubt this will happen, but damn... this is pretty interesting.

And, though it pains people on here to read this, I highly doubt TB is going anywhere. Axl considers them family and it's really hard for me to see that he'd give them the boot.

Nobody seriously thinks a reunion is happening do they?

For once you're the least wasted of us all ! :lol:
You know it's time to go to rehab when you think a reunion is possible.

Fuck it, one more redbull and gin. Okay...yes Slash is going to call Axl and they will hug it out in Carl's jr then hit the studio while slash is on tour. Dj will come out and say he's been a decoy top hat work for GIA. Izzy will have sent Slash his reunion songs and they will rent a Ferrari in Vegas and drive into the desert where Steven will have rented a mobile studio. They will all take their shirts off and wear matching black leather trousers and just play & record the songs live in the trailer. Then a year later after much over dubs Axl will announce 12-track album "Persistence of Insanity" will in the stores by Xmas 2015. With worldwide tour kicking off from Rock in Rio: Las Vegas. Full reuinion for Rock in Vegas. Now I believe this part, that's actually possible. Some weird one off reunion show for huge pay day.

Nothing has changed in so many ways. And it wouldnt be GNR without those elements they were bitching about. No epic ballads or no shows what kind of reunion would it be?

Congrats on 38k
Still a lot of tldr to go before 40k.