Eddie Trunk: "[a GNR reunion] has been put to motion."

Axl doesnt hate Slash. Its like a divorce like he said in 2000. You cant be with em so u say bad things, but deep down u love them.

Thats how i really feel about the sitution.

P.S. im drunk as fuck right now, but thats what ive always got outta the Axl/Slash thing.

Edited by ChineseIRS

Axl has the hardest job in the reunion. He has to sing.

And to answer someone's question in if it's possible for Axl to sing like the old days?

The answer is no! Axl's voice has evolved from the late 80's on, in the 90's he sounded slightly different than he did on appetite and his voice has constantly changed since. His voice just isn't consistent. There's a lot that goes into the volume that he sings at and yes it's damaging for a singer to push their vocals the way he did.

The Mickey voice is a lack of proper breathing, and stamina. There's nothing in his vocals to hold his old voice. That's where conditioning and working out will help him much like it did in 06. In 06 his voice was much more versatile and possibly more so than it was in the 80's or 90's!

When Axl sings with rasp now it doesn't sound the same that it use to bc it's much more forced. He's basically creating a voice with minimal amount of air in his throat. When he's in shape there is much more air to craft his voice with which makes it sound better and easier to sing. When you have proper breathing and good stamina and you have a good voice then you are going to sound great! You can hold notes, you can use your voice in much more dynamic ways then when you are out of shape and trying to sing songs made for a 25 year old with amazing vocals.

At this point I think I'd prefer the afd lineup, and trade Myles for Axl at this stage in their respective careers.

no way and not worth it

all axl has to do is clean himself up and get in the swing of things

+1

reunion would give axl an extra motivation to get fit.... reunion is the best thing that can happen to axl at this point.

by the way, i don't know why myles kennedy is being mentioned in this thread, he's an awful singer.

Apparently slash, Jimmy page, and another band think otherwise.

That Nightrain sounds fucking great, and Yesterday also quite good. On the last couple of Vegas shows he had some great moments, the renditions of Better were all amazing.

This level of performance + old band would be fucking epic.

Edit: someone who even draws a mental picture of GNR performing without Axl, with MYLES FUCKING KENNEDY and old band members should be beaten up, put in a shuttle with just enough fuel and forced to leave Earth.

Come on and try to beat me up

I would also love to see Brent Fitz take the drumming duties.. His drumming on WOF is outstanding.. If Steven can't do it, definately not Matt or Frank..

Best scenario forst and so on. My best scenario wouldn't have Dizzy but I think Axl would need him there as his security blanket and he has been in the band for 25 years.

Axl

Slash

Izzy (yeah right)

Duff

Steven

Dizzy

Axl

Slash

Izzy (yeah right)

Duff

Brent

Dizzy

Axl

Slash

Gilby

Duff

Brent

Dizzy

This one is borderline for me, but would still be good enough.

Axl

Slash

Duff

Fortus?

Fitz

Dizzy

One reason for Axl NOT to do it is fear he may look like the weak link.... Especially with Slash playing his best ever... I think for a 3-5 song set, Axl could be Axl. A full show, well, you will have some terrible moments vocally.. If Brian Johnson can still sing, Axl should be able to as well.

Rob Halford is a better example.. He has been doing it alot longer too.

If Axl were to perform with Slash once more I'm pretty sure he'd give his utmost to impress the guy - in a word, it'd be epic in every way.

THIS

True, he does get competitive when he performs duets so I imagine he'd be the same during a reunion. Even duffs return during the SA tour sparked some life into Axl.

Im dissapointed that many posters even suggest reunion with Gilby (sic!), or other rythm guitarist. Either it should be full reunion, or no reunion at all. Only acceptable lineup change is Matt for Steven, and eventually Dizzy on keys (not fan of him, but he was loyal to Axl for many years, and was a part of UYI lineup). No Izzy= no reunion.

Edited by acor

Lets say it's true, only scenario which is legit

Axl

Dizzy

Dj

Fortus

Pitman

Izzy

Duff

Matt

Chinese Illusions?

A "Reunion" line up with DJ would be ridiculous! How about

Axl

Slash

Fortus (keep him as a full time member mainly for touring)

Izzy (he can write and record with the band and make guest appearances when he is in the mood)

Duff

Steven (maybe with Matt as a backup incase it becomes too much for him)

Dizzy

One reason for Axl NOT to do it is fear he may look like the weak link.... Especially with Slash playing his best ever... I think for a 3-5 song set, Axl could be Axl. A full show, well, you will have some terrible moments vocally.. If Brian Johnson can still sing, Axl should be able to as well.

agreed also steven tyler is a good comparisson as well the guy was awesome when i saw im in london

At this point I think I'd prefer the afd lineup, and trade Myles for Axl at this stage in their respective careers.

no way and not worth it

+1

reunion would give axl an extra motivation to get fit.... reunion is the best thing that can happen to axl at this point.

by the way, i don't know why myles kennedy is being mentioned in this thread, he's an awful singer.

That Nightrain sounds fucking great, and Yesterday also quite good. On the last couple of Vegas shows he had some great moments, the renditions of Better were all amazing.

Edit: someone who even draws a mental picture of GNR performing without Axl, with MYLES FUCKING KENNEDY and old band members should be beaten up, put in a shuttle with just enough fuel and forced to leave Earth.

dude there must be some lame ass camp that actually likes not only myles kennedys nerdy pitch but also his equally nerdy NON rock star persona

HE WOULD NEVER FIT THE BILL FOR FILLING AXL's SHOES - NOBODY CAN

that being said he MIGHT be appropriate for doing a led zeppelin 3 album/acoustic set

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

Axl isn't a lost cause when it comes to his vocals, I'm positive if he exercised, rehearsed with the band and took a bit better care of himself the standard of his performances would lift dramatically.

Once again hypothetically, but if there was a reunion you'd assume that he wouldn't have it all his own way like with his GNR and he would have to put the groundwork in to put on a good show instead of just going in cold and winging it with no rehearsal etc.

I refuse to believe any reunion talk, but I want to.

Maybe superman can fly real fast and reverse time too? Then, Axl wont be 52 anymore? You guys crack me up. He isn't taking terrible care, he is getting old.

Edited by Gunzen

Axl isn't a lost cause when it comes to his vocals, I'm positive if he exercised, rehearsed with the band and took a bit better care of himself the standard of his performances would lift dramatically.

Once again hypothetically, but if there was a reunion you'd assume that he wouldn't have it all his own way like with his GNR and he would have to put the groundwork in to put on a good show instead of just going in cold and winging it with no rehearsal etc.

I refuse to believe any reunion talk, but I want to.

Maybe superman can fly real fast and reverse time too? Then, Axl wont be 52 anymore? You guys crack me up. He isn't taking terrible care, he is getting old.

humans have the ability to reform themselves HEALTH wise and Axl still has a chance to do so

fuck if he does, he could be good for another 15 years or so

just healthy living and he could actually recover and re establish his reputation through not only his performances but through songwriting with his old bandmates

IT AINT OVER

:lol: Slashnerds actually believe that Slash can't do a reunion because he has to tour his latest flop of shit? What, he'll dissapoint all 10 of you if he does what the vast majority of the population wants him to?

I found it even funnier someone suggested replacing Axl with Myles. Although I could've read that in the thread about the AFD reunion.

• Like 1

:lol: Slashnerds actually believe that Slash can't do a reunion because he has to tour his latest flop of shit? What, he'll dissapoint all 10 of you if he does what the vast majority of the population wants him to?

I found it even funnier someone suggested replacing Axl with Myles. Although I could've read that in the thread about the AFD reunion.

There are some delusional people around here. Slash has his own warchildren.
  • Like 1

agreed also steven tyler is a good comparisson as well the guy was awesome when i saw im in london

no way and not worth it

+1

dude there must be some lame ass camp that actually likes not only myles kennedys nerdy pitch but also his equally nerdy NON rock star persona

HE WOULD NEVER FIT THE BILL FOR FILLING AXL's SHOES - NOBODY CAN

that being said he MIGHT be appropriate for doing a led zeppelin 3 album/acoustic set

I'd rather not see a fat, out of shape, out of breath relic of his old self embarass himself on a reunion tour