Eddie Trunk: "[a GNR reunion] has been put to motion."

It's been 18 years since Slash quit GN'R.

In between we heard stuff like "not in this lifetime", "[slash's] like a cancer"," never", "one of us will die before it happens" and so on.

It amazes me how people still believe these kinda rumours of insiders and that crap.

Axl and Slash have moved on, you should too...

Axl isn't a lost cause when it comes to his vocals, I'm positive if he exercised, rehearsed with the band and took a bit better care of himself the standard of his performances would lift dramatically.

Once again hypothetically, but if there was a reunion you'd assume that he wouldn't have it all his own way like with his GNR and he would have to put the groundwork in to put on a good show instead of just going in cold and winging it with no rehearsal etc.

I refuse to believe any reunion talk, but I want to.

Maybe superman can fly real fast and reverse time too? Then, Axl wont be 52 anymore? You guys crack me up. He isn't taking terrible care, he is getting old.

humans have the ability to reform themselves HEALTH wise and Axl still has a chance to do so

fuck if he does, he could be good for another 15 years or so

just healthy living and he could actually recover and re establish his reputation through not only his performances but through songwriting with his old bandmates

IT AINT OVER

Paul Stanley can still jump around in 7" heels at 64. Axl can get into shape.

Axl isn't a lost cause when it comes to his vocals, I'm positive if he exercised, rehearsed with the band and took a bit better care of himself the standard of his performances would lift dramatically.

Once again hypothetically, but if there was a reunion you'd assume that he wouldn't have it all his own way like with his GNR and he would have to put the groundwork in to put on a good show instead of just going in cold and winging it with no rehearsal etc.

Maybe superman can fly real fast and reverse time too? Then, Axl wont be 52 anymore? You guys crack me up. He isn't taking terrible care, he is getting old.

humans have the ability to reform themselves HEALTH wise and Axl still has a chance to do so

just healthy living and he could actually recover and re establish his reputation through not only his performances but through songwriting with his old bandmates

IT AINT OVER

Yeah, he could. But anyone who thinks standing on stage with the person he hates most in the world is going to inspire him to do it, they're insane.

In between we heard stuff like "not in this lifetime", "[slash's] like a cancer"," never", "one of us will die before it happens" and so on.

It amazes me how people still believe these kinda rumours of insiders and that crap.

You forgot the one where Axl said Slash should have been removed after appetite.

• Like 1

If someone sends out a photo of Beta and Perla together having drinks, that could either mean Beta's been fired, Perla's getting a divorce, or a reunion is in the works.

People are always going to ask if they're going to reunite and want a reunion, so why pop their balloon of hope?

IT AINT OVER

Yeah, but Paul is also singing embarrassingly bad and has been for years. So you know, take the good with the bad, but Paul sounds as bad as Axl these days.

IT AINT OVER

Yeah, but Paul is also singing embarrassingly bad and has been for years. So you know, take the good with the bad, but Paul sounds as bad as Axl these days.

Axl doesn't sound nearly as bad as Paul does. Please don't pull shit outta your ass, thx. I'm talking about a good Axl vocal performance like a few he gave in 2013. He sounds pretty bad on a lot of shows though, but at least for a few songs it's WAY WAY better then what fuckin' Paul Stanley is capable of lol.

Edited by Rovim

IT AINT OVER

Axl doesn't sound nearly as bad as Paul does. Please don't pull shit outta your ass, thx. I'm talking about a good Axl vocal performance like a few he gave in 2013. He sounds pretty bad on a lot of shows though, but at least for a few songs it's WAY WAY better then what fuckin' Paul Stanley is capable of lol.

That's the ultimate back handed compliment

IT AINT OVER

That's the ultimate back handed compliment

No, not the ultimate. Just a very good one.

You forgot the one where Axl said Slash should have been removed after appetite.

Then went ahead and thanked Slash for his killer melodies in Estranged. Very, very dumb. :lol:

Axl sounded pretty great and spot-on at the last few shows of the last vegas residency. He and the band were clicking on all cylinders.

If Axl brings that sort of fire and intensity to the next tour and album, I don't care who is in the band - Slash or DJ - GnR is gonna kick some major ass in 2015. Hopefully 2015 brings a new album and world tour and a dedicated Axl.

• Like 1

If I had the power to start a band that would just put out one album in 2015 and tour for a year, Axl would still be my first choice as a singer. Nobody else out there today brings to the table what he can.

That voice. That charisma. That wig. The slow motion moves cause now he's old. I love it all. I'm really drunk.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

If I had the power to start a band that would just put out one album in 2015 and tour for a year, Axl would still be my first choice as a singer. Nobody else out there today brings to the table what he can.

Not even close to being true.

Who?

Who?

Stockdale, Kennedy, hale, momsen are 4 I've seen multiple times that I prefer to axl

It's all about personal preference.

I feel Axl is the top dog out there.

You don't.

Again.....personal preference.

Who?

Stockdale, Kennedy, hale, momsen are 4 I've seen multiple times that I prefer to axl

lol

Who?

lol

Although Lzzy Hale IS awesome.

• Like 2

Who?

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion, but I think you're dead wrong. As bad as Axl can be these days, there is no one that compares to him, either someone at his age or someone younger that compares to prime Axl. Axl has something that sets him apart that others don't have. I love Myles Kennedy; he doesn't have it. He's just a great guy that has a great voice and great energy and committment to music. But he isn't Axl. Kennedy can't be that catalyst IMO to skyrocket a band like Axl did with GNR.

Same way Hale and Momsen can't. They get attention cause they are women (not trying to be sexist, but its the truth) that do absolutely fine with, but they aren't great. They can be good now, but they aren't the next Joan Jett that will be talk about 20 years from now (I'm assuming) even though people talk about them now like they will be. People kind of overhype them because they're women and there are few of them that make a big enough impact, and I'm saying this realistically and not trying to be demeaning.

Disagree on Stockdale as well as most of the other singers out these days. They all blend with each other. They aren't the Jaggers, or Steven Tyler's or David Lee Roth's that Axl followed in the footsteps of. There haven't been many that have that whole style and power that Axl had and its why no matter what he's irreplaceable. The same way Slash is but thats a different story. There's people like Eddie Vedder or Layne Staley who I thought were similar afterwards, but not many. I wouldn't even put Astbury and Cornell in that category, even though I think many would. They just didn't quite have what Axl did, and its why bad or not he's an irreplaceable aspect.

And Rovim, you are giving WAAAAY too much credit to Axl. Axl has it in his corner that his material is harder to sing than Paul Stanley, but they both sound equally terrible. Its like saying one turd looks a little less disgusting than the other. They are both bad enough that it isn't worth making one seem a better option.

It's all about personal preference.

I feel Axl is the top dog out there.

You don't.

Again.....personal preference.

Agreed; and we ain't changing any body's mind....lol

• Like 1

Who?

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion, but I think you're dead wrong. As bad as Axl can be these days, there is no one that compares to him, either someone at his age or someone younger that compares to prime Axl. Axl has something that sets him apart that others don't have. I love Myles Kennedy; he doesn't have it. He's just a great guy that has a great voice and great energy and committment to music. But he isn't Axl. Kennedy can't be that catalyst IMO to skyrocket a band like Axl did with GNR.

Same way Hale and Momsen can't. They get attention cause they are women (not trying to be sexist, but its the truth) that do absolutely fine with, but they aren't great. They can be good now, but they aren't the next Joan Jett that will be talk about 20 years from now (I'm assuming) even though people talk about them now like they will be. People kind of overhype them because they're women and there are few of them that make a big enough impact, and I'm saying this realistically and not trying to be demeaning.

Disagree on Stockdale as well as most of the other singers out these days. They all blend with each other. They aren't the Jaggers, or Steven Tyler's or David Lee Roth's that Axl followed in the footsteps of. There haven't been many that have that whole style and power that Axl had and its why no matter what he's irreplaceable. The same way Slash is but thats a different story. There's people like Eddie Vedder or Layne Staley who I thought were similar afterwards, but not many. I wouldn't even put Astbury and Cornell in that category, even though I think many would. They just didn't quite have what Axl did, and its why bad or not he's an irreplaceable aspect.

And Rovim, you are giving WAAAAY too much credit to Axl. Axl has it in his corner that his material is harder to sing than Paul Stanley, but they both sound equally terrible. Its like saying one turd looks a little less disgusting than the other. They are both bad enough that it isn't worth making one seem a better option.

That's cool...hale and momsen have a charisma you have to see live to get and if you haven't your missing out. Kennedy lacks in some areas that are unimportant to me, when he plays with slash he's got a 4×8 section of the stage so all the criticism to me is circumstantial, and he's a beast with alter Bridge. Stockdale reminds of a young plant wit an afro.

And Axl hasn't been decent since the Hammerstein shows in 2006. Disclaimer: my opinion only.

The girl I went to see the pretty reckless with never had been to a rock show, never listened to rock, and never heard of the band but loved the show and had a blast.

Edited by jmapelian