Eddie Trunk: "[a GNR reunion] has been put to motion."

Ugh, Eddie makes this difficult.

I love the guy so I WANT to believe him. And he's friends with pretty much the whole band so he's not just a nobody. He knows Slash but...

Thats why this also seems so odd. He JUST did a podcast with Slash and Slash was basically like "we're gonna go through the Axl stuff really quickly." Slash has never been busier in his life than he is now, and more than ever I feel he isn't looking back. He's made it. Its been over 20 years since their last show together. He's made it that long, and I think made it through the roughest of the storm. He'll still be asked till the day he dies if they'll get back together, but its finally at the point where its been so long that no one really cares enough. I genuinely don't see Slash even entertaining the idea until he at least has NOTHING else going on. He had a few years of no bands pre and post VR. But if you ask me now, he's set on solo.

Like I said, I love Eddie Trunk, but I don't get his angle on saying this. The guys HOUNDS people, and rightly so, when his KISS comments get misconstrued, and now he's gonna be the one that goes out there and says this might be possible. I don't think thats smart. I rarely question what he says, but this one is different and I think he's wrong and shouldn't really be saying that.

• Like 2

He clearly said he heard from some sources that very deep that have been some stuff in motion. Which matches what we have been hearing.

And honestly, I'd trust Eddie source on some level. He has his connections and he got to interview Axl twice. When it comes to Guns N' Roses, he knows his shit.

Plus I would imagine Eddie would want to keep in good graces with Axl, I doubt he would put the reunion rumors in the air if it didn't have any legit stuff to it considering how much the reunion talk gets on Axl's nerves

If even Team Brazil seems to be partially gone, who knows what's next. Stranger things have happened before.

I've read this a couple of times now, probably you saying it each time, but what exactly is this based on? Did something happen?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/208008-beta-has-denied-beta-lebeis-fired-according-to-msl/

That's old news, and didn't really mean anything to begin with. Pretty much everybody involved with GNR has been fired at one point or another, the band disbanded more than once. Axl makes rash decisions, then changes his mind. A lot. The only difference is that this time, the story got out. I am 100% sure Team Brazil is still involved with Axl and the band.

On the topic, I will say that Eddie did sound like he was parsing his words carefully. He's definitely heard something. Now what exactly it was that he heard, and where he heard it from, we have no idea.

Edited by axlsalinger

He clearly said he heard from some sources that very deep that have been some stuff in motion. Which matches what we have been hearing.

And honestly, I'd trust Eddie source on some level. He has his connections and he got to interview Axl twice. When it comes to Guns N' Roses, he knows his shit.

Plus I would imagine Eddie would want to keep in good graces with Axl, I doubt he would put the reunion rumors in the air if it didn't have any legit stuff to it considering how much the reunion talk gets on Axl's nerves

Thats just the thing. If he wants to stay on Axl's good side, why even mention the POSSIBILITY of a reunion. Axl is a bi-polar freak. You don't think maybe he wants to announce a reunion when he's ready? Not have Eddie Trunk talking about it 2 years down the road saying "things are in motion."

Listen, I'm all for him saying 2 years down the road "this has been brewing for a long time". But to say it now? You are either really risking that this news could blow up a reunion altogether, or he's talking about things that just aren't true and aren't realistic. Seriously, I don't see both Axl or Slash at this point, based off what they said, even THINKING about playing together again. And Eddie knows those camps well enough which makes his comments so odd. He knows how crazy GNR land is. Why even get involved unless this is 100% happening?

Eddie isn't someone that just says things to boast his own career and get the press talking to him. If what he's saying isn't definitely rooted in truth, which I've really never seen him say something that isn't, he has the potential for this to fully blow up in his face. I can't imagine being friends with Slash and saying something that might get you a phone call from him saying "really dude, now even you're spreading this stuff". This really doesn't make sense to me.

I simply don't see Slash willing to share the spotlight with Axl.

At this stage of his career, he wants to be the center of his own band, staying with a correct singer with no personality such as Myles is perfect for him; He's the star of his band named after him.

re-uniting with Axl and Duff will relegate him to "co-star" a band that was famous 25 years ago. I highly doubt he wants to do that. He would surely prefer playing the classics with his own band, no big crowd, no big ego singer to share the stage/spotlight/camera with...

If a reunion ends up with Axl and Slash on the same stage, never watching or interacting with one another, that would suck big time. You can't really fake friendship on stage as far as I'm concerned.

My guess is that Duff will be back, Vrain too, Izzy would probably jump in for a few shows and co-write some songs... For the lead guitarist position, I have no idea...

I can't bring myself to believe any of this stuff, but I really hope there is truth to it.

I always supported Axl and the whole Chinese Democracy thing, but hiring DJ Ashba to play guitar in his band and calling it Guns N Roses was the straw that broke the camel's back in the credibility stakes for me, at least.

I'm not trying to be nasty about it, but that's the definition of scraping the barrel.

To be honest, I think people are jumping the gun when they said Duff is "begging" to rejoin guns full time. Nu guns at least. I'm sure he'd be more than willing to work out a reunion, but I use the analogy that he was just an old friend crashing on Axl's couch for a few weeks to relate to the shows he played. It doesn't mean he wants to share bills and split the rent with him again.

He's not broke and desperate like Adler and Sorum, far from it. I think he wants to reestablish guns, not join nu guns. But that's just me.

All this being said, I really don't know what to believe in terms of a reunion anymore. Trunk sounds pretty confident, and he sounds like he was just as doubtful of it happening prior as we were/are. I ain't holding my breath, but I do still hope that one day I get to see my favorite band of all time performing together.

One thing i learned about this band that NEVER believe brazilian insiders
NEVER
EVER

also Eddie Trunk is a well known reunionist so his opinion not worth more than a casual fans opinion

He isn't an insider by any means

Didn't Craig Duswalt say a reunion would happen in the next 2 years ?

And that Las Vegas promoter...

There have been a few signs , Guess will have to wait and see .

why is the guy on your avatar got a bukkake?

you are obvisously too young...
Craig Duswalt is no longer in connection with Axl

A promoters word means nothing by the way

Edited by Motivation
  • Like 1

That 2-3 new songs were promised for the last tour, and those ended up being CD and UYI songs makes me pretty sure that Axl isn't interested in taking the band any farther than it is right now. So he might as well a reunion. I mean Christ, they couldn't even do Going Down? Axl wouldn't even have to sing on that.

6 years since Chinese, over 4 years of touring, and rumors of band members leaving. I can't say it is a bad time for Axl to get a reunion together, might as well go out with a bang, right? Not that I think that a reunion is going to ever happen but still... if the rumors are true and multiple band members are leaving GNR then a reunion is pretty much Axl's hail mary

Edited by WhazUp

If the Eagles can do it then so can GNR.

Nobody got killed in the break up so anything is possible.

Marc says that he believes the whole feud could be cleared up in a day or so if the two men spoke and explained their positions.

That means that the gross wrongdoings on each side must be pretty minor all told.

Both Axl and Slash have to work so much harder on so many more nights to much smaller crowds with older, damaged bodies to pay the bills and keep their profiles up; that must be tiring as you age. It all would be so much easier if they were doing 2/3 stadium gigs a week and back making U2's kind of money.

With the kind of music Slash is writing now, and the vault Axl is sitting on, if both men agreed to give each others material their best efforts and celebrate their musical differences rather than fight them, we could have a mind-blowing double album to follow.

Fucking dreaming again...damn it!!

• Like 3

If the Eagles can do it then so can GNR.

Nobody got killed in the break up so anything is possible.

Marc says that he believes the whole feud could be cleared up in a day or so if the two men spoke and explained their positions.

That means that the gross wrongdoings on each side must be pretty minor all told.

Both Axl and Slash have to work so much harder on so many more nights to much smaller crowds with older, damaged bodies to pay the bills and keep their profiles up; that must be tiring as you age. It all would be so much easier if they were doing 2/3 stadium gigs a week and back making U2's kind of money.

With the kind of music Slash is writing now, and the vault Axl is sitting on, if both men agreed to give each others material their best efforts and celebrate their musical differences rather than fight them, we could have a mind-blowing double album to follow.

Fucking dreaming again...damn it!!

Yeah seriously dude, not trying to be an asshole, but it's never gonna happen. Never. Can't you see how crazy and butthurt the ginger is? not in this lifetime. He meant it.

I have to ask, being relatively new to the forums, are there always rumors like these floating around in quiet times ? There's been quite a few these last months and I just wondered if it's always like that.

I have to ask, being relatively new to the forums, are there always rumors like these floating around in quiet times ? There's been quite a few these last months and I just wondered if it's always like that.

It's not unusual to have these rumors floating around when there's a dead period for GNR. 2003-2005 I believe there were a ton of rumors despite VR going on. 2010-2012 tiny ideas came up, and then the rock hall disaster.

What's weird right now is we are hearing that people have "sources" that the ball has been rolling on getting Slash and Axl together. The rumor is slowly gaining traction. It's weird to hear Trunk say he has deep sources on this situation, and to get guys like MSL and others to say they've heard similar ideas.

What we do know is someone with a connection to the band rather big or small is placing this idea out there. Axl might know nothing of the situation, but it's very possible that someone is working to make it happen. Trying to make it happen and actually make it happen are two completely different things. Even if someone with a connection to the band wants this to happen it is likely it never will.

Like I said earlier, if this gains any more traction we will be hearing from Axl very soon. He doesn't like these rumors floating around, but if this story continues to pick up steam and we get more silence then you will begin seeing some crazy stuff as far as rumors go.

• Like 2