Bands that made an amazing album, followed by a HORRIBLE one...

gunsfanoldie

The starkest contrast between two records, not only in metal but in all genres:

Celtic Frost - Into the Pandemonium

Followed by:

Celtic Frost - Cold Lake

Here's another one:

Fleetwood Mac - Tusk

Followed by:

Fleetwood Mac - Mirage

People who'd go for the Rumours -> Tusk combo on this topic make me cry.

I would really like to name something by Bowie, but he's never made an amazing album. Lots of crap though,

Aerosmith - Rocks, followed by Night in the Ruts; Get Your Wings followed by Nine Lives

Led Zeppelin - In Through the Out Door followed by Coda

Pink Floyd - The Wall, followed by The Final Cut

The Rolling Stones - Goat's Head Soup followed by It's Only Rock N' Roll

Nirvana - Nevermind followed by Incesticide

The starkest contrast between two records, not only in metal but in all genres:

Celtic Frost - Into the Pandemonium

Followed by:

Celtic Frost - Cold Lake

Here's another one:

Fleetwood Mac - Tusk

Followed by:

Fleetwood Mac - Mirage

People who'd go for the Rumours -> Tusk combo on this topic make me cry.

I would really like to name something by Bowie, but he's never made an amazing album. Lots of crap though,

the nightmares...... :nervous::nervous::nervous:

celtic-frost-cold-lake-lineup-crop.jpg

:vomit::vomit::vomit:

• Like 1

Aerosmith - Rocks, followed by Night in the Ruts; Get Your Wings followed by Nine Lives

Incesticide was a collection of b sides.

Incesticide was a collection of b sides.

Psssh Miser don't know this :ph34r:

SMASHING PUMPKINS

Amazing: Siamese Dream, Pisces Iscariot, and Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness
Awful: Adore (sans the title track), Machina (sans Everlasting and Stand Inside), and anything else Corgan has done since

Adore is their best album in my opinion.

I know there aren't many Linkin Park fans here but....

A Thousand Suns(their best) ----> Living Things(awful) ---> The Hunting Party(complete shit)

There was one album between Rocks and Night in the Ruts; there were 9 albums (and 23 years) between Get Your Wings and Nine Lives.

Yeah, I meant "Get a Grip" followed by Nine Lives,

and Rocks followed by Draw the Line. My bad.

Is This It followed by the rest of their career could be argued. Julian's ruined that band.

Compton to Efli4zaggin? Utter dog shit.

Room On Fire was a good album and Comedown Machine was a good comeback. Angles had some of their best and some of their worse songs.

Pet Sounds followed by Smiley Smile. This is unfair since Smiley Smile was supposed to be Smile, but they delivered and it was disappointing.

News of the World was between ADATR and Jazz.

Fuck me, that's right!

Well Jazz was definitely a disappointing followup to News of the World. Jazz had great songs but it had garbage like Fun It and More of that Jazz (and the latter as the closer).

Led Zeppelin III was seen as a weak followup to II but it gained praises over the years.

HIStory by Michael Jackson was a brilliant album, followed by Invincible which is lacklustre to say the least.

There Is Nothing Left To Lose by Foos was pretty solid, followed by One By One which is their worst album IMO.

Resilience by Drowning Pool was no way near as good as their self-titled, but their albums seem to be getting progressively worse.

I agree with whoever mentioned Avenged Sevenfold's self-titled being a lacklustre follow up to City of Evil.

Slash's first solo album with the guest stars was pretty cool, everything else he's done since has been ropey as hell.

Speaking of Slash, I'm surprised no-one has mentioned what a shitty album Libertad was coming after Contraband.

Edited by Towelie

You're the second person in a week to say Fun It was one of the weaker tracks on Jazz. I'm not a big fan of Jazz, but Fun It has always been a favorite of mine.

It just wasn't Roger's best song. Great funky riff though.

I'll agree there, but when you say Roger's best song, do you mean best song written by Roger or best song sung by Roger? If it's the latter, I think A Human Body is vastly underrated.

• Like 1

You're the second person in a week to say Fun It was one of the weaker tracks on Jazz. I'm not a big fan of Jazz, but Fun It has always been a favorite of mine.

It just wasn't Roger's best song. Great funky riff though.

I'll agree there, but when you say Roger's best song, do you mean best song written by Roger or best song sung by Roger? If it's the latter, I think A Human Body is vastly underrated.

Human Body was great. Not so well known unless you are a hardcore Queen fan.

Marquee Moon followed by Adventure by Television. I've never listened to Adventure myself but I've heard it was a disappointing followup to the brilliant debut album. Mostly known by punk rock enthusiasts, indie lovers and hipsters. That needs to change.