Just a thought

Estranged Coma

When izzy or duff step on the stage with axls band there are the same amount of AFD players as in velvet revolver. (I could give two shits about sorum)

So which is closer to classic guns In your eyes nuguns with duff or izzy or Velvet revolver.

Id lean towards nuguns with izzy or duff but I'm not a musician therefore not a guitar nut so I'm mostly connect with the vocals. Izzy is also my 2nd fav member (kinda tied with slash) for no other reason then I just think he oozes coolness out his sneakers

What's your take?

If it where the UYI lineup nuGNR would have more players

Velvet Revolver : Slash, Duff, Matt

nuGNR: Axl, Duff, Izzy, Dizzy

Nuguns has never had both izzy and duff onstage together. Plus fuk dizzy and fuk Matt even more. Lol nothing against them but they hopped on the buss they didn't fuel it up and drive it

If you could remove the 198 hired guitar players from Axl's band and if you could actually hear Izzy's guitar in those guest appearances... then it would be cool to see Izzy with Axl again. On 99% of the time you can't barely hear his guitar because it's buried behind the 198 guitar players and also the 376 professional & talented musicians & keyboarders and musical programmers and whoever else that is part of Axl's band.

Same for Velvet Revolver. If you could only remove Dave Kushner when Izzy did those guest appearances... Don't get me wrong, Dave Kushner wrote "Get Out The Door", that's a fucking great song, but he can not play Izzy's parts. Even Gilby couldn't do it.

The thing is Izzy and Duff haven´t joined Axl together at the same show or tour to begin with. Izzy was a mere guest. And Duff just joined Axl for a few shows. As far as I know Axl, Izzy and Duff are not and were not working on a new GN´R album either. So there never was such a thing as Axl, Izzy and Duff.

As for VR, Izzy joined during the very early stage of the band. He was just jaming with them. It was not even a band back them. I think they were just calling it The Project. Yes VR had Slash and Duff in it. But it was not meant to be another nu GN´R. And it wasn´t.

If slash and Axl reunited without any of the other members would that be "more gnr" then anything we've seen? To the general public ofcourse it would, but how would the die hards see it ?

i would see The real core of GN'R as Axl and Izzy if Izzy would be with gnr again it would be the heart for me as those 2 began everything

Edit: to me Guns wasn't really guns no more when izzy left, you missed his sound and his face

Edited by GNRmello77

i would have loved it if SLASH IZZY DUFF and SoRUm would have put a band together. just for the ugly fun of it and all that it says.

Izzy and Duff guesting does more for GNR than what Axl may say or not say. The audience still loves the old guys and it goes ape shit when they play.