Sixx A.M. announces first headlining tour

Who gives a flying fuck about Sixx AM here??

Besides, Motley Crue is doing their thing later this summer...

Some of us (me, at least) were already AM fans before Dj came to Guns, so.... at least me? I like Motley too, so that'll be fun as well, but doesn't stop me from liking AM. :shrugs:

Some of us (me, at least) were already AM fans before Dj came to Guns, so.... at least me? I like Motley too, so that'll be fun as well, but doesn't stop me from liking AM. :shrugs:

I've liked sixx am for ages now, before dj joined guns , as for slash fans slating sixx am's music, compare James Michael of sixx am and that tone deaf muppet , myles Kennedy and myles looks even worse than he actually is

Michael is a phenomenal songwriter, but the one thing I'll give the "haters" is that he's not terribly great live. For a 40-dollar ticket, I decided against going to see them in Chicago last night largely based on my concern that James' vocals wouldn't hold up to the records. From what I've seen of the Yahoo! stream, he did better than I had expected, but still spotty and out of breath. Then again I am a Guns fan... :P

I've liked sixx am for ages now, before dj joined guns , as for slash fans slating sixx am's music, compare James Michael of sixx am and that tone deaf muppet , myles Kennedy and myles looks even worse than he actually is

I'm a Slash fan and a Sixx: A.M. fan. I'm a good solid fan of James Michael and love what he does vocally with Sixx: A.M. I put him amongst my favorite vocalists along with Myles, Lzzy Hale (of Halestorm), and Lajon Witherspoon (Of Sevendust).

Edited by Anguyen92

I'm a Slash fan and a Sixx: A.M. fan. I'm a good solid fan of James Michael and love what he does vocally with Sixx: A.M. I put him amongst my favorite vocalists along with Myles, Lzzy Hale (of Halestorm), and Lajon Witherspoon (Of Sevendust).

Don't get me wrong: I love James' voice on the records, and think his range is just drop-dead phenomenal. He has a raw energy without being dry or bad, and I think his voice is outstanding. He's never been a live performing musician before AM, particularly, and that tends to show. He's gotten stronger as the tour's gone on, and I expect that he'll be perfect on the next full tour, he's just less polished live. Still love him, though.

• Like 1

I like James Michael's voice on studio albums. He's pretty spotty live.

He's an awful producer though. He ruined Saints Of Los Angeles with his muddy guitar wall approach.

He's gotten worse. I remember seeing him on the first cruefest and I still think he was great live for most of that tour. Nowadays is just pretty bad though.

I kinda liked his producing. I found albums he worked on generally sounded great in my car stereo.

So because fans of one band don't like a band that you like, that means they shouldn't talk crap because you don't like the way the singer they like sounds, so you have to do the same thing that they are doing and "slate" the band that they like?

Lots of my friends don't like GnR. But my response to them is never "Yea, well the band you like the most sucks. Axl is a way better singer than your sh*tty favorite band's singer." Just seems very immature.

I guess I just don't take personal offense if somebody doesn't like the same bands/singers that I like. Why should I care if other people like the music I like?