MyGNR's "Top 10 GN'R Songs" VOTING THREAD... Final Round

Choose JUST ONE!  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ESTRANGED WINS!

*anti-climactic slow clap*

Are you still planning on publishing the full results of the previous rounds?

Would be very interesting to see what other GnR songs people rate highly which are not called Estranged :D

i've created an excel spreadsheet with the rankings in descending order (least votes to most votes) - you can download the PDF version for comparison right here: http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/35738674/file.html

i had a feeling estranged would win based on the votes, but there were a few differences.

• Like 1

I guess GNR have more ballads that are hits than rockers.

SCOM, Patience, Don't Cry, November Rain, Estranged, Better, Street of Dreams

Jungle, YCBM, Chi Dem

Maybe stuff like Paradise City, catcher in the Rye, Civil War sit in the middle. I like those two but they didn't make it.

Although I voted for Estranged I think Paradise City is like the best song ever.

I guess GNR have more ballads that are hits than rockers.

SCOM, Patience, Don't Cry, November Rain, Estranged, Better, Street of Dreams

Jungle, YCBM, Chi Dem

Maybe stuff like Paradise City, catcher in the Rye, Civil War sit in the middle. I like those two but they didn't make it.

Although I voted for Estranged I think Paradise City is like the best song ever.

So you consider Better and SOD to be hits, but PC and Civil War aren't? Thanks for disqualifying your self dude ;) Edited by Free Bird

I think you are all a bunch of Axl loving 'epic ballad' worshiping pooftas. Clearly I am the only person here with musical sense.

This from the guy who only likes songs from the time when the band was full of shirtless guys, hairspray and cop outfits. Nightrain or Nightstick ;)

I think you are all a bunch of Axl loving 'epic ballad' worshiping pooftas. Clearly I am the only person here with musical sense.

This from the guy who only likes songs from the time when the band was full of shirtless guys, hairspray and cop outfits. Nightrain or Nightstick ;)

Two years after they were in hairspray and cop outfits, Axl was coming on stage with his ball sack on show.

Two years after they were in hairspray and cop outfits, Axl was coming on stage with his ball sack on show.

Hey! I chose Nightrain too. But I loved seeing Axl come on stage with his ball sack on show :wub:

It's really hard to make a choice. I love Nightrain and Rocket Queen so much.

The ones I prefer currently over these are not listed. So I chose the song, I play most, which is Nightrain.

It changes still all the time though, but these two songs are always high on my list.

Edited by MB.

You mean the time when they wrote history?

ESTRANGED WINS!

*anti-climactic slow clap*

Are you still planning on publishing the full results of the previous rounds?

Would be very interesting to see what other GnR songs people rate highly which are not called Estranged :D

i've created an excel spreadsheet with the rankings in descending order (least votes to most votes) - you can download the PDF version for comparison right here: http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/35738674/file.html

i had a feeling estranged would win based on the votes, but there were a few differences.

Thanks mate! So Locomotive missed out by a single vote. Surprised at the lack of votes for Pretty Tied Up I thought it was one of the more popular songs on UYI

I would pick Paradise City, YCBM, Civil War, Catcher above all those. but out of the choices I was presented with I chose Estranged over Jungle. I just never listen to Jungle unless it comes on the PA at a sports event.

Estranged is kind of journey you take in the comfort of your own condo. It's kind of stereo friendly. AFD is pretty embarrassing lyrically. SCOM and Paradise City are classics though.

Jungle

Sweet Child

Paradise City

YCBM

Civil War

Estranged

Better

Street of Dreams

Catcher in the Rye

would be a good playlist

Edited by wasted

If everyone against Estranged rallied and voted for one song, we could beat it.

This. If we would of had only 2 choices for best gnr song, Estranged vs Jungle or Nightrain or Rocket Queen, than I don't think Estranged wins. I'm sorry but this whole thread is pointless to me. It sounded like a great idea at first, but it ended as mess. More people voted AGAINST Estranged, than those that voted for it.

Edited by Mike420

So the idea went to shit because the song you wanted to win, didn't win? :lol:

No, thats not what I meant. It's like a presidential election where more people voted for someone else as opposed to the person that actually won. Who would be happy with that? A president where 60% of the population voted AGAINST them, is not the true winner.

If Estranged wins a head to head match up against Jungle, Nightrain or Rocket Queen (all three of those are fine imo), than I would accept it's victory. But again, I don't think it would win a head to head against any one of those, so it's hard for me to accept it as gnr's #1 song.

As I said before, I really like Estranged, it's not that I hate it or anything. But do I feel that it is gnr's best song? No.

Don't take the internet too seriously guys, it's bad for you.

BTW, I never take the Intranetz seriously :P it's bad for ones health.