What do you think of Silkworms?

Holy shit, Silkworms will be 14 years old in 2 months.

Ha that's so pathetic. No wonder Axl has stopped giving a shit: he went from AFD and UYI to fucking Silkworms.

That's what you get when you kick out talented collaborators and hire talentless yes-men in their place.

You rant too much for your own sake, pal.

Really? I still have a job and a place to live. Seems like I haven't done anything that's "too much for my own sake, pal."

From what ive herd it has the possibility of a great industrial song. Sides pittman is a beast on it

Yeah he pushes random buttons like a maniac on this song. Genius work.

Clearly you just don't appreciate good sub bass.

Neither does Axl, or he wouldn't have Pittman in his band.

Silkworms is hardly a song IMO, the fact they played it live says more about the lack of better new songs at that time.

That's what I think, also. There's supposedly those great songs in the vault yet he came out and displayed Silkworms? There's no way to downplay the significance of that point.

Anyways, that intro and all it's buildup(which I think is over the top) to a drum roll and pluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh. So dull.

Well his sub bass is still better than Stuson's mediocre bass playing.

Timmy Stuson has actually been in the Guns N Roses longer than the Duff, his mediocre bass playing has influenced countless handfuls- he deserves respect.

He's a legendary GNR member and a fine bass player. Too bad I can't prove his fine bass playing with any example. But he is a fine bass player.

Timmy Stuson has actually been in the Guns N Roses longer than the Duff, his mediocre bass playing has influenced countless handfuls- he deserves respect.

He's a legendary GNR member and a fine bass player. Too bad I can't prove his fine bass playing with any example. But he is a fine bass player.

That moment when he goes crazy on It's so Easy. I feel his influence, those bass notes he didn't write are spectacular. Amazing bass player.

Easily one of the most annoying aspects of Chinese Democracy is how Tommy's bass is completely buried in the tracks asides from a snippet here and there in Catcher' and Sorry.

Just needs to be more balls out by about 10x what it is if you're gonna write lyrics like that. Longer, too. This and Chinese Democracy feel like songs that were just halfway written. Underwhelming after such buildup.

I mean, how hard is it to come up with another verse for this:

Choke on rotten cocks you bloated fucking corpse

Bollocks in your face you psychopathic whore

Crooked blackened fingers, groping for the stars

Chlamydiac deceiver, pussy slick with tar!

*DUN Da-DUN Da-DUN*

Well what can I do

*Da-DUN*

With a bitch like you?

*Wawhawhawalunula wahna*

*Pitman solo on keys and chopsticks, sub bass throughout*

Edited by Flayer
  • Like 2

Oh My God - Didn't like it much at first but it eventually grew on me. Interesting / aggressive and somewhat abrasive, I can see why it wasn't really a commercial success. Only thing I don't really like is the weird guitar bit at around 2:48 just doesn't really fit with the rest of the song. Also wish the outro was longer.

Silkworms - I dunno, the intro makes it feel like it's building up to something epic like Prostitute, then the actual song starts. That said, it's tough to judge without hearing a proper studio version. OMG RIR sounds like a mess too. I can't fault Axl too much tho for experimenting and trying new things. I wouldn't want an album full of Silkworms tho.