What do you think of Silkworms?

Silkworms contains some of the worst synths and effects I've ever heard in a song. Combined with CD, it makes me question Chris' abilities as a producer/keyboard player. It's really bad and cheesy. I'm glad Axl decided to go back to hard rock/classic rock, he has no business in industrial rock.

But the most comical thing is that huge, giant build up, and then that stupid "PPPUUUHHHHHH" sound effect.

They may as well have a diaper-wearing midget bust out of a cake and blare that PPPUUUUHHHHHH sound on a kazoo.

lol yeah, that makes me cringe every time.

*ambient (stolen?) intro*

*drum rolls*

PPPUUHHHHHH

LISTEN MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

Genius. Better than the old one.

But the most comical thing is that huge, giant build up, and then that stupid "PPPUUUHHHHHH" sound effect.

They may as well have a diaper-wearing midget bust out of a cake and blare that PPPUUUUHHHHHH sound on a kazoo.

Exactly. That's the wind leaving the song's sails.

PLUUUUUUUUUUHHH

Edited by Rustycage

Is it about Stephanie?

Yes. The answer is always yes. It's always about Stephanie.

Sometimes it may seem to be about Dylan, or Dylan's favorite stuffed animal, or Steph's makeup case, or Dylan, or did I mention it might be about Steph?

But yes. It's about Stephanie.

The 10 seconds I've heard (plus the shit playing in the back of WFA's voice clip he posted that one time) are better than most of the UYIs.

2001 version sucked, mainly because Axl was fat and couldn't keep up with such an energetic song.

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 2

That crap is so far removed from what Guns N Roses was originally about that words cant even express it properly.

Very true. And for that reason, I awlays hated it.

But after reading this thread a bit last week, I went ahead and ripped Evader's remix off of Youtube. And I kind of dug it, I can't lie.

Have you guys heard the Drums and Vocals only version of Silkworms by Evader? It's awesome :headbang:

https://soundcloud.com/evadergnr/sw-drm-and-voc

It sounds like the vocals are taken from RIR3 (2001) but how he removed everything else from the audio track I have no idea. Very clever guy, or an insider, I'm not sure <_<

Edited by downliner
  • Like 2

That crap is so far removed from what Guns N Roses was originally about that words cant even express it properly.

Very true. And for that reason, I awlays hated it.

But after reading this thread a bit last week, I went ahead and ripped Evader's remix off of Youtube. And I kind of dug it, I can't lie.

haha mate we all have secrets ;)

I once liked a pitbull song for about 3 minutes too. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well his sub bass is still better than Stuson's mediocre bass playing.

Timmy Stuson has actually been in the Guns N Roses longer than the Duff, his mediocre bass playing has influenced countless handfuls- he deserves respect.

Not to mention good ol tommy has played in two of Minnys best bands, the replacements and soul asylum.....N i do think hes a good bass player....

• Like 1

Have you guys heard the Drums and Vocals only version of Silkworms by Evader? It's awesome :headbang:

https://soundcloud.com/evadergnr/sw-drm-and-voc

It sounds like the vocals are taken from RIR3 (2001) but how he removed everything else from the audio track I have no idea. Very clever guy, or an insider, I'm not sure <_<

That opening scream is from another CD song and the rest of the vocals are skillfully seperated from the music, most audio programs have a tool for that (it usually sounds like crap tho). If you listen carefully you can hear the reduced quality of the vocal recordings because of the seperation.