The USA vs. The U.K. - American Cheeseburger & Fries vs. Fish & Chips

Ace Nova

American Cheeseburger & Fries vs. Fish & Chips - Which Do You Prefer  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That come in plain white bags for 13 pence with just the word CHIPS written across em :lol: The takeaway outside my workplace used to do that, they'd advertise their shit as like carefully hand fuckin' crafted or whatever and this cheeky bastard used to go into Sainsburys with two trolley and buy like, 48 bags of the cheapest economy chips out there. Fuckin' ridiculous cuz his shop was right next door to the fuckin' takeaway, half the people who worked there went to his fuckin' takeway :lol:

I remember seeing this girl chuck a hot box of chips in his face once. Cover in chilli sauce too. She walks in, having presumably just purchased them and she goes 'excuse me, do you re-fry your chips?' and he's like 'you're drunk, you're drunk, get out!' and she goes 'i know you make a living serving pissheads but please don't assume I'm one, probably how you get away with selling this fuckin' crap' and lobbed it right in his face. Got it all in his eyes and everything :lol:

What you can get away with in the food industry in this country is fuckin' ridiculous. Was reading in this paper that Halal meat shops across the country have been failing health and safety standards all up and down the nation, getting like one star in those little review things, think about that for a second, Halal meat shops, people that have dietary standards over and above the average, hence the strict rules about it...and they're shits in worser nick than the people sell the pork and bacon etc etc that they deem to be unclean. Fuckin' ridiculous.

Edited by Lennie Godber

It is a cookie.

Along with fresh caught halibut.

You boys get your fish and chips at restaurants.......I catch and make my own.

Man alert.

My fish and chips definitely don't come from resteraunts. It comes from a stressed out Chinese woman wrapped in a sweaty paper bag. To be honest though I hardly ever have the fish nowadays as you can get 8 chicken balls for £4.
Mine come from a congenial if slightly guarded turkish fella, had his gaff at the bottom of the road since 1982.

I think i'd like going fishing :)

Still doesn't change the fact that there was a cookie on the man's Fish & Chips.

You limp-wrists don't eat desserts?

Better sit down boys.......shocker alert........two days ago I had pumpkin pie with my dinner. Yesterday I had a piece of chocolate pie with my hot wings and rice.

It is a cookie.

Along with fresh caught halibut.

You boys get your fish and chips at restaurants.......I catch and make my own.

Man alert.

My fish and chips definitely don't come from resteraunts. It comes from a stressed out Chinese woman wrapped in a sweaty paper bag. To be honest though I hardly ever have the fish nowadays as you can get 8 chicken balls for £4.
Mine come from a congenial if slightly guarded turkish fella, had his gaff at the bottom of the road since 1982.

I think i'd like going fishing :)

Still doesn't change the fact that there was a cookie on the man's Fish & Chips.

You limp-wrists don't eat desserts?

Better sit down boys.......shocker alert........two days ago I had pumpkin pie with my dinner. Yesterday I had a piece of chocolate pie with my hot wings and rice.

I think their troubles arose from the notion of dessert and main course sharing a plate, we're a classy lot around here y'know :lol:

Edited by Lennie Godber

Someone told me, I'm sure it's not true as an across the board rule cuz thats clearly ridiculous but basically that a lot of America don't eat off proper plates? Like they have plastic knives and forks and paper plates cuz you can just chuck em and it saves doing dishes, fuck me that'd drive me up the wall.

i love them, they're the whole reason i ever wanna go to America, to take my shopping home in them bags :lol: Surely they must rip though. Not that they're much cop down fuckin' Sainsburys these days, the plastic ones, they're getting thinner and thinner and thinner. They try and intimidate you into helping the envoirnment 'have you bought your own bags?'. 'Nah, i'm gonna take yours if thats alright, don't worry though, i dispose of em correctly and that, once a year, with a big bonfire' :D

I know. Romantic comedy style bump-ins have gone down like 80%. :lol:

And that kinda set up was the perfect foil for a bigoted woman hating sexual preadator as you were confirmed as in the 'harassing bitches in the street' thread :lol:

I used to stack them three high in each arm and walk up and down the block for hours.

There is always a passing stranger retrieving an errant baguette, true love thus blossoming. That is surely the only way Americans date. How the hell does your population reproduce itself, now that, your only method of finding a romantic partner has been removed with the removal of, brown paper bags?

Edited by DieselDaisy

There is always a passing stranger retrieving an errant baguette, true love thus blossoming. That is surely the only way Americans date. How the hell does your population reproduce itself, now that, your only method of finding a romantic partner has been removed with the removal of, brown paper bags?

Dripping with garlic sauce yeah? :lol: Subliminals!

As opposed to Geordie tradition of 8 pints, a meat pie and falling asleep during the foreplay you mean? :lol: Wake up, mouth smelling of fish. 'I don't remember goin' down the chippie last night' :lol:

Reproductive rate in the mid to late 80s was 2.5 births per woman. Now it's 1.9. I think it's time we co-author a paper and get famous.

Yeah, I never understood why they insist on using paper bags for their groceries.

I hate to break it to you, but, America use plastic bags, just like the rest of us. :lol:

In fact, you get an option sometimes; Paper or plastic?

4266868831_868a0b66e5_z.jpg

Yes, I am aware that there are plastic bags in America as well. I'm talking traditionally.

• Like 1