The USA vs. The U.K. - American Cheeseburger & Fries vs. Fish & Chips

Ace Nova

American Cheeseburger & Fries vs. Fish & Chips - Which Do You Prefer  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You're way to hung up on this fuckin' cookie man, yes, it was a cookie man! I know, a cookie, imagine! :lol: It knocked me for six too but i feel like if we support each other and stay focused we'll make it out of this intellectual bermuda triangle. Here Snakes, take my hand :lol:

You're not hung up enough.

And also, the ketchup!?

That was just wrong, from the ketchup to the cookie! - damn.

Looked tasty though, even though it was wrong! :lol:

Yeah, I never understood why they insist on using paper bags for their groceries.

I hate to break it to you, but, America use plastic bags, just like the rest of us. :lol:

In fact, you get an option sometimes; Paper or plastic?

4266868831_868a0b66e5_z.jpg

Those must be Euroshit commie bags. All American patriots use brown paper bags.

• Like 1

Yes, I am aware that there are plastic bags in America as well. I'm talking traditionally.

I think we've had this conversation before. Plastic bags are used the vast majority of the time in most stores in the U.S. If I were to guess, probably somewhere in the 90% range. TV and Movies like to use paper bags because of their "classic American" effect.

Put it this way, I've probably gone to the store close to 50 times this year and came home with paper bags maybe 2 or 3 times.

Edited by Kasanova King

Yes, I am aware that there are plastic bags in America as well. I'm talking traditionally.

I think we've had this conversation before. Plastic bags are used the vast majority of the time in most stores in the U.S. If I were to guesss, probably somewhere in the 90% range. TV and Movies like to use paper bags because of their "classic American" effect.

Put it this way, I've probably gone to the store close to 50 times this year and came home with paper bags maybe 2 or 3 times.

I know and we are not happy. You should have a revolution there.

• Like 1

I think we've had this conversation before. Plastic bags are used the vast majority of the time in most stores in the U.S. If I were to guess, probably somewhere in the 90% range. TV and Movies like to use paper bags because of their "classic American" effect.

I hear that.

There's London, and then there's the London seen in movies.

Edited by Snake-Pit

You're way to hung up on this fuckin' cookie man, yes, it was a cookie man! I know, a cookie, imagine! :lol: It knocked me for six too but i feel like if we support each other and stay focused we'll make it out of this intellectual bermuda triangle. Here Snakes, take my hand :lol:

And also, the ketchup!?

Just so I'm clear, in case you ever come over to my house for dinner............you don't like ketchup for your french fries, and you don't want dessert?

The entire meal was very tasty. Especially the fish, which was swimming around in the ocean about six hours before I cooked it.

And also, the ketchup!?

Just so I'm clear, in case you ever come over to my house for dinner............you don't like ketchup for your french fries, and you don't want dessert?

The entire meal was very tasty. Especially the fish, which was swimming around in the ocean about six hours before I cooked it.

Does look tasty.

I'll give it that. Nice catch I guess, the flour in that cookie was wheat in a field 6 hours ago still. j/k looks; nice but wrong.

You get dem big ol' chips an' chip shop vinegar, ketchup too, I guess... Mmmmm...

And of course

El Saveloy - beef

and the Sausage - pork 'of course',

saveloy.jpg

This is saveloy & chips

and this is sausage & chips

6153910191_7780bbcb1f.jpg

Oh yeah...

This is a battered sausage & chips.

large-battered-sausage.jpg

Fish & Chip shops aren't all just Fish & Chips.

Edited by Snake-Pit

You know you didn't address a single thing he asked of you and just went off on one about sausages right? :lol:

I know, I guess the chip shop vinegar vs. that tasty plate with ketchup threw me off, and yes, I did just refer to it as 'that tasty plate' - with a cookie and fish and chips with fries and ketchup too. - on the same plate. :lol:

I mean, if Scotland can deep fry a Mars Bar, I guess I shouldn't complain at that Fish & Chips catch and cookie pic.

They're lovely, them battered mars bars :lol:

I've not yet had the pleasure...

Have you not? They're gorgeous man. They don't sell em down my local but i asked him if i bought a mars bar in would he do it for me and he goes sure, didn't even take no money for it, pop round yours, I'm sure they'll be up for it :)

I don't like fish and chips, if it were chips, peas, pudding and gravy or chips, peas, sausage and gravy then I'd vote that.

So basically you don't like fish? :lol:

Or indeed, the combination of fish with chips, coloquially referred to as, wait for it...fish n chips :D

It's weird though, I don't mind like fish and chips if I make them myself, throw the cod in the oven and do the chips myself but if it's a chippy job, I vehemently oppose ever ordering fish with the chips, now that I think about it I like fish and chips just not from the chippy, I'd rather tip tons of other crap into the order.

I don't like fish and chips, if it were chips, peas, pudding and gravy or chips, peas, sausage and gravy then I'd vote that.

So basically you don't like fish? :lol:

Or indeed, the combination of fish with chips, coloquially referred to as, wait for it...fish n chips :D

It's weird though, I don't mind like fish and chips if I make them myself, throw the cod in the oven and do the chips myself but if it's a chippy job, I vehemently oppose ever ordering fish with the chips, now that I think about it I like fish and chips just not from the chippy, I'd rather tip tons of other crap into the order.

Is it something to do with how they make it or...? Also, I've always wanted to know, are you from England? :lol: I feel like that might be a rea...no it is a stupid question, you watched Del Chisora and Tyson Fury, you're definitely from England :lol:

It's especially good when you go to school cuz like every kid if you spend all your lunch money on fags it was a good place to get something cheap to eat cuz you can always go into the chip shop and order chips to the equivalent of how much money you got, like 50p's worth of chips, even 20ps we used to get, back in the day.

When I was at school the nearest chippy did a half bag for 25p and one of Lenny's lot next door did single fags and a match for 20p.

Identical experience...cept the chinky chippie was 4 doors down from the cornershop cum off lisence cum halal meat shop that flogged singles.