The USA vs. The U.K. - American Cheeseburger & Fries vs. Fish & Chips

Ace Nova

American Cheeseburger & Fries vs. Fish & Chips - Which Do You Prefer  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When I was last in London I was looking at the Tube machine trying to work it out - I was not there too long, maybe 20 seconds - and this businessman suited yuppie twat went and pushed right between me and the machine (rather than wait for me behind which most polite people would do) and bought a ticket. I remember at the time that I was rendered speechless at the level of rudeness. Everyone ignores you in London also whereas oop North it is generally easy to strike up a conversation with a stranger. I was in London on my own and I do not think I spoke to a single person for the entire week I was there, beyond, words like 'thank you' when you buy newspapers and things. I came back feeling like I had lost the art of speech, like some social pariah. I needed to regain the art of speech haha.

When I was last in London I was looking at the Tube machine trying to work it out :lol: - I was not there too long, maybe 20 seconds - and this businessman suited yuppie twat went and pushed right between me and the machine :lol:! :rofl-lol: (rather than wait for me behind which most polite people would do) and bought a ticket. I remember at the time that I was rendered speechless at the level of rudeness. Everyone ignores you in London also whereas oop North it is generally easy to strike up a conversation with a stranger. I was in London on my own and I do not think I spoke to a single person for the entire week I was there, beyond, words like 'thank you' when you buy newspapers and things. I came back feeling like I had lost the art of speech, like some social pariah. I needed to regain the art of speech haha. ^_^

'As read by Snake-Pit'

There's no shortage of a good deli in New England. When a bunch of friends and relatives have moved, they tell me the thing they miss the most are the delis.

i definitely missed the deli's in new england when i lived in florida. the selection and the quality was nothing compared to the ones here and around boston,

Everything is superior here - our delis, our football team, etc. :P

Fuckin' shite if you ask me, Subway I mean, they never put much of the shit in it, sets you back a fiver just for what you could get in some family run Deli type place, it's just naff, biggest letdown ever, that place.

How the fuck can you hate Subway? It's a fucking sandwich.

Dont get me wrong, im not amassing armed forces or proposing a fourth reich over it, was just saying they're shite.

I was gonna ask when this annexing of Watford into London took place but since you're newly married I presumed you'd surrendered your intellect at the altar for a barefoot life of cooking, ironing and morning sickness :lol:

As someone who is pretty insecure about her intellectual capabilities, I find that less funny than you intended it to be.

And Watford is on the tube map. Zone 5 or 6 isn't it? I've been there and it is definitely in London if it's on the bleedin' tube map!

I was gonna ask when this annexing of Watford into London took place but since you're newly married I presumed you'd surrendered your intellect at the altar for a barefoot life of cooking, ironing and morning sickness :lol:

As someone who is pretty insecure about her intellectual capabilities, I find that less funny than you intended it to be.

And Watford is on the tube map. Zone 5 or 6 isn't it? I've been there and it is definitely in London if it's on the bleedin' tube map!

If it's in the M25, It's in the London region.

Aw, sorry, i feel rotten now :( Anyway, what you talkin' about girl, you're well clever, you work for a magazine and everything, they don't just employ any old wally y'know.

Aw, sorry, i feel rotten now :( Anyway, what you talkin' about girl, you're well clever, you work for a magazine and everything, they don't just employ any old wally y'know.

Ha, you should meet my colleagues! :P

Cheers though, you weren't to know that I'm not the type to have my 2:2 art school degree stuck to the fridge. ;)

Don't worry presh i got a D for Film Studies an N for Literature and a U for History when i did my A levels :lol: My mate got an X. I've never seen or heard of an X before or since but it was there, I saw it, I saw him opening the letter, there it was, X. Spooky.

Edited by Lennie Godber

I know U is Unclassified but what on earth are N and X?

An N is a near miss. Just below a pass basically.

X means incomplete apparently.

Does it go from D to N or are there E and F inbetween?

I think E is the lowest "pass" grade followed by N and U but it's been a long time since I did GCSEs and A-Levels so can't be sure.

That said I seem to remember being able to spell FUDGE with my GCSE grades so maybe there used to be a G in there somewhere too. :lol:

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

I know U is Unclassified but what on earth are N and X?

An N is a near miss. Just below a pass basically.

X means incomplete apparently.

Does it go from D to N or are there E and F inbetween?

I think E is the lowest "pass" grade followed by N and U but it's been a long time since I did GCSEs and A-Levels so can't be sure.

That said I seem to remember being able to spell FUDGE with my GCSE grades so maybe there used to be a G in there somewhere too. :lol:

I definitely remember G being a thing at GCSE, though I think the range of grades was narrower at A-level, at least when I did them (i.e. I don't there was an F and G at A-level).