Pawnshop Guitars--the best GN'R side project/solo album.

Anyone agree that of all the solo albums by each Gunner (let's take CD, Snakepit and Loaded as solo projects), Gilby's Pawnshop Guitars is the best? I feel that GN'R could've had an amazing album using Gilby's material as a foundation upon which Slash and Axl could've built epic guitars and lyrics, in the same way that most GN'R songs had their genesis as the skeleton of a song being strummed on a guitar by Izzy.

No, but Pawnshop Guitars is a good album. The worst solo albums released after Gn'R stopped existing were made by Duff, Izzy and ultimately, Axl.

Would you agree that, had Axl been open minded about Gilby, there are at least foundations for good quality Guns present (if worked on by Slash, Duff and Axl, same way Izzy's songs served as the basis and were then raped by the other guys into a beast)? I mean, Axl felt Gilby did not the songwriting chops to fit Guns...But do you think, judging by his solo album from when he was in Guns, that Axl was wrong on this?

Izzy doesn't have a perfect solo album (with 10 great songs on it, like "Appetite") but in my book his solo stuff is way better (at least 18x times better!) than any solo thing by Slash, Axl, Duff or Steven;

To me GNR members solo stuff ranks like this:

Izzy solo stuff > Neurotic Outsiders > Velvet Revolver > Slash Snakepit #1 > Axl's Chinese Democracy > Slash 1st solo album with different singers > Loaded > Duff solo stuff > Adler's Appetite album > Slash & Myles (2 albums) > Slash Snakepit #2

I like Gilby but I don't think I can consider him a "Guns n' Roses member", same for Matt.

I'd put Gilby solo stuff on the same level as Duff's solo stuff and "Cure or Kill Me" is a great track!

It's very horrible. Gilby never had anything to say musically imo. He's not that great of a guitar player, his voice sucks, and his lyrics are horrid.

Christ, you could have just called him an 'arsehole'! You have poor Gilby sitting crying after reading that.

That arsehole!

Tommy's solo albums are pretty solid.

I'm with ya there, tommy's solo albums are great

I've only heard One Man Mutiny, but I love that one.

Then you must listen to VGH. I think you'll like it. I also think it's a much better record then One Man Mutiny.

Snakepit 1 and 2, followed by Neurotic outsiders are million ligh years away from everything else, ok Slash solo album just as good.

However, Pawnshop and other Gilby albums are still pretty good.

Alot better than Duff and especially any Izzy album.

Especially ANY Izzy album? lol fuck no. Have you listened to Juju hounds? It's a fine album.

1/ All Izzy's albums

2/ Pawnshop

3/ Neurotic Outsiders

4/ Duff's second solo album

5/ First Slash - the one with the guests

6/ World on Fire

7/ Snakepit, both albums

8/ Libertad

9/ Rest of the Gilbys

10/ Apocalyptic Love

11/ Chinese Democracy

12/ Contraband

13/ Believe in Me (it is dire)

I have never listened to Loaded or the two drummers' solo stuff.

Tommy's solo albums are pretty solid.

I'm with ya there, tommy's solo albums are great

I've only heard One Man Mutiny, but I love that one.

Then you must listen to VGH. I think you'll like it. I also think it's a much better record then One Man Mutiny.

Both of tommy's albums are great , village gorilla head is better yes