Pawnshop Guitars--the best GN'R side project/solo album.

Izzy doesn't have a perfect solo album (with 10 great songs on it, like "Appetite") but in my book his solo stuff is way better (at least 18x times better!) than any solo thing by Slash, Axl, Duff or Steven;

To me GNR members solo stuff ranks like this:

Izzy solo stuff > Neurotic Outsiders > Velvet Revolver > Slash Snakepit #1 > Axl's Chinese Democracy > Slash 1st solo album with different singers > Loaded > Duff solo stuff > Adler's Appetite album > Slash & Myles (2 albums) > Slash Snakepit #2

I like Gilby but I don't think I can consider him a "Guns n' Roses member", same for Matt.

I'd put Gilby solo stuff on the same level as Duff's solo stuff and "Cure or Kill Me" is a great track!

How can you not consider Matt a GNR member when he was on Use Your Illusion, Spaghetti, Live Era, Greatest Hits, and the Use Your Illusion tour? That's ridiculous.

Izzy doesn't have a perfect solo album (with 10 great songs on it, like "Appetite") but in my book his solo stuff is way better (at least 18x times better!) than any solo thing by Slash, Axl, Duff or Steven;

Izzy solo stuff > Neurotic Outsiders > Velvet Revolver > Slash Snakepit #1 > Axl's Chinese Democracy > Slash 1st solo album with different singers > Loaded > Duff solo stuff > Adler's Appetite album > Slash & Myles (2 albums) > Slash Snakepit #2

I like Gilby but I don't think I can consider him a "Guns n' Roses member", same for Matt.

I'd put Gilby solo stuff on the same level as Duff's solo stuff and "Cure or Kill Me" is a great track!

How can you not consider Matt a GNR member when he was on Use Your Illusion, Spaghetti, Live Era, Greatest Hits, and the Use Your Illusion tour? That's ridiculous.

The only point you made that helps matts case is he was on UYI. Adler fo life

Everybody knows Matt was just an additional musician.

Snakepit 1 and 2, followed by Neurotic outsiders are million ligh years away from everything else, ok Slash solo album just as good.

However, Pawnshop and other Gilby albums are still pretty good.

Alot better than Duff and especially any Izzy album.

Especially ANY Izzy album? lol fuck no. Have you listened to Juju hounds? It's a fine album.

Yes and found nothing interesting. As a matter of fact I still own it.

I found all of Izzy stuff bleak, boring, overrated.

But hey, some say Snakepit's weren't good LOL.

Guess a matter of taste.

I really like Gilby, but I disagree.

ALG, Slash's self titled record and the first JuJu hounds album are clearly more solid albums for me. Compile the best tracks of the two VR albums and you can add it to that list.

I'd be enclined to add World On Fire if not for the horrendous mastering.

Well I guess it's because I grew up listening to Appetite and loving the Appetite line up.

Then all of a sudden there is this guy on the drums.

That's why!

Same for Gilby. Izzy leaving was the end of Guns n' Roses. After he left, everything changed. Were you there watching it happen? I was, and it sucked.

Then came the 1992-1993 circus Las Vegas stuff Tracy Roberta and Zig Zag and all those additional musicians that killed GNR;

1993 was a "Hey-they-can-get-back-together-year" with Izzy playing some gigs and the band back to its original five (six, with Dizzy) guys.

It's like Izzy said: whatever happened to those five guys playing rock n' roll?

Now don't get me wrong, Matt is great, I love his drummimhg on some songs (You could be Mine, Coma etc) and just don't love it on others.

Adler is just unbeatable!

:headbang:

Best drummer ever.

No one can touch him, not even Charlie fuckin Watts, not even Marky Ramone.

And by the way, Live Era is the most horrible live album ever, and it's not even live, and it mostly features 1992-1993 (circus era) live recordings with stupid Axl's "new" studio voice over them, so that really, really sucks.

And Greatest Hits is not an album, it's a collection of songs.

And I love Spaghetti, what a great album! Matt rules on that one!

Snakepit 1 and 2, followed by Neurotic outsiders are million ligh years away from everything else, ok Slash solo album just as good.

However, Pawnshop and other Gilby albums are still pretty good.

Alot better than Duff and especially any Izzy album.

Especially ANY Izzy album? lol fuck no. Have you listened to Juju hounds? It's a fine album.

Yes and found nothing interesting. As a matter of fact I still own it.

I found all of Izzy stuff bleak, boring, overrated.

But hey, some say Snakepit's weren't good LOL.

Guess a matter of taste.

I dislike Snakepit very much LOL.

The only thing wrong with some VR songs (to me) are that the verses themselves aren't very interesting (or sound odd), but Scott's melodies on the choruses are good (and somewhat catchy)

One example:

For A Brother: The verses kind of suck, but the chorus is good and catchy.

• 1 month later...

Monkey Chow is a classic track that Gilby penned for Snakepit which sounds like it could've been on AFD.

Gilby's lyrics on Pawnshop are classic GN'R style and Axl could've easily sung them since he was having a hard time coming up with lyrics at the time.

Like, imagine a mid '90s GN'R album:

1) Cure Me....Or Kill Me

2) Beggars and Hangers On

3) Black

4) This I Love

5) Monkey Chow

6) Neither Can I

7) Good to Be Alive

8) Skin & Bones

9) Ain't Goin Down

10) Tijuana Jail

11) Back and Forth Again

12) Dead Flowers

13) Fall to Pieces

• Like 1

Are you kidding? Pawnshop Guitars has some cool riffs, but Gilby is a TERRIBLE songwriter, his lyrics are just crap. I like his guitar playing, but best GN'R side project/solo album is stretching it a bit too much.

true, but it's a great album. Maybe it is the best GNR solo album.

Simple and honest songs with childish lyrics.