Why was Izzy's amp unplugged during the '91 UYI tour?

6 minutes ago, NicDwolfwood said:

Interpret this as you wish. My take is  He did recorded basic tracks with the band. Then split. When they needed him for overdubs, he couldnt be reached. Whether they tried really hard in trying to get him to come back, we'll never fucking know. If they threw their hands up in the air because he was nowhere to be found, and said fuck it, just overdub his guitar lines where needed because they couldn't or didnt want to wait any longer. Thats what it is, cant be changed. If you disagree with how they went along with it, Cool. no problem from me. 

As for that last paragraph. Dude stop. No need to go there. You really want me to  remember every piece of info or video ive seen/read on this band over more than a decade. be serious. Im trying to remember shit off the cuff because I cant be bothered to really dive deep and look for this shit all over again. I used to have all this shit nice and tidy on my old computer, but that shit died a while back, And I couldnt be bothered to try and recover all that. 

Overdubs are one thing. I dont think Izzy would even bother to have some bit parts redone by Slash or whoever else. Re-recording and erasing stuff to the point that Izzy gets the album to listen to and can't barely listen to himself and cant find his guitar is a whole different thing.

===

I hate to be that guy and i know it is pathetic to say "i know this and you dont know this because I know more because I have been reading stuff for ages bla bla bla"

(there is probably no way to say anything like that without sounding like a complete asshole that thinks that knows everything)

but that's sorta basic GNR info and if you want to join a somewhat "serious" discussion you better know your stuff. Otherwise you are just one more guy repeating (and spreading) nonsense

37 minutes ago, Tonto said:

I don't get your point, it's not a lie to say that, he changed his mind. A lie would be him saying that he never said that, something he hasn't said. He even named the tour after that statement, he took a shot at himself and you call him out for it? 

The source is Izzy Stradlin. He said it in a interview at some point, have a search for it mate, I don't have time right now, but yes, I was surprised when I read that too, not surprised Izzy said no, but that Axl made the offer.

ok, just got curious cause i dont remember that info

about lies, check live era -- such a fantastic live album. i cant actually stop listening to those axl live vocals :rofl-lol:

4 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

about lies, check live era -- such a fantastic live album. i cant actually stop listening to those axl live vocals :rofl-lol:

Well, what about Live Like a Suicide, same thing, no? The fake crowd?

Edited by Tonto

42 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

He did say that. And you continue to miss the difference between a lie and something that was said because it was how a person felt at the time, but has since changed. 

check axl "live" vocals on live era 1987-1993.

i think axl likes to "change his mind" on stuff

Just now, ludurigan said:

check axl "live" vocals on live era 1987-1993.

i think axl likes to "change his mind" on stuff

What's the game here? You somehow prove that everyone is a liar but Izzy and him leaving the band and not being given a full share when he waltzed back in 25 years later was all because of some anti-Izzy conspiracy due to jealous because he wrote all the songs? 

1 minute ago, ludurigan said:

yes, you are correct. same thing. a fucking lie. no way to sugar coat it

all of the GNR guys knew it. including izzy

Oh I thought you were referring to some sort of Live Era related lie Axl told. You mean the re-recorded vocals? You consider that lying?  

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

Oh I thought you were referring to some sort of Live Era related lie Axl told. You mean the re-recorded vocals? You consider that lying?  

oh yes. selling an album as "live recordings" when you actually re-recorded the vocals in studio is a lie as far as i am concerned.

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

now off topic, can you provide source for izzy being offered to take Paul Huge's spot at rock in rio and turning it down? i dont know muchh about axl solo career and thats an interesting topic that i dont remember ever being mentioned anywhere else

2001 Guitar & Bass: (src)

Didn't you listen to something of new Guns N' Roses?

No, I just saw a report on them in Q, in England. There was a photograph of Axl that was not really to his advantage, he was large and puffed up. I hope that they sound better than it looks. Axl called me when he had the plan to play Rock In Rio. I don't believe that he hoped to reform the group as a whole because I am the only one that he called, but, in any event, I declined the offer. Maybe he thought that his group was not good enough, all the same they had rather positive reviews on the whole. Axl is really a special type, he's too hard to manage.

Pretty bad translation on the original so take the interview with a grain of salt :) It doesn't say anything about replacing Paul Tobias, but I'm guessing the forums have twisted it to mean that over the years, as I think Paul was hesitant to play live?

That Rio 3 show was badass. I still get goosebumps on that opening of Jungle :D

Edited by downliner

1 hour ago, Tonto said:

He did bow, he bowed out, couldn't even stick around to work things out with the band he co-formed. It wasn't going his way so he left. It's boo-hoo for Izzy and you not anyone else.

its actually not boo-hoo for izzy at all - this ate away at axl and still does evidently more than anyone because he knew and knows that izzy is not a kiss ass yes man like all the other hired guns and sycophants he's associated himself with since 

lets call spades spades axl would've been better off teaming up with izzy rather than slash/duff people that are getting fucked up hate sober people thats what happened 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

4 minutes ago, downliner said:

2001 Guitar & Bass: (src)

thanks!

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

How isn't it? It's presented like it's one show! How is that morally different than Axl re-recording vocals for live tracks? 

well, if the DVD says it is one show but it is actually more than one show then we both know it is a lie

1 minute ago, ludurigan said:

thanks!

well, if the DVD says it is one show but it is actually more than one show then we both know it is a lie

So if the audio for a song sounds good from one show, but the video sounds better from another show, and they splice it together, that's lying too, right? 

buddy if im involved it means it got invaded by jarmoland posts - so one sided arguments in support of the machine 

i can't believe out of all possible songs he could choose he chose james brown i feel good - thats about the cheesiest cover song you could imagine to pick 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

17 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

So if the audio for a song sounds good from one show, but the video sounds better from another show, and they splice it together, that's lying too, right? 

depends on how you present it. if you let people know, then it is not a lie. if you pretend that the audio is from the same show as the video, and fool people, then you are lying, as we both know.