The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

Given how his last spell at Madrid ended it would be crazy. He got the results, but he almost alienated every player. He wasn't too loved.

United should probably take the gamble though :P. Wouldn't that be the story of the decade? Get your old team relegated and win the league with their rivals all in the same season?

He'd probably be better off trying it at City though.

Steve McClaren could win the league with Bayern.

I have to be honest, even though Pep's done great I'm not convinced he'd sweep all aside. It's not like he was coaching a weak side at Barca (with half the Spain national team in their prime and Messi). I don't see Tiki Taka working in the EPL without a team of star players.

Either way I'm sure he got some money. Like he said he'd become a millionaire and go manage someone else.

Theyd have done better to keep him and root out the players who dont want to win the league again.

If they win against Sunderland. Costa, Fabregas, Hazard all seem to have the hump.

They are probably doing the right thing for the club. But if you want to win stuff youve got to play manger roulette. So if the fans are fine then leave it cos they are making money. Most clubs are like 500 mil in debt with only the club name as colateral.

Chelsea should have kept Mouroniho. But Roman is more of a narcissist. He wants to win trophies.

Arsenal aint having a drought, we've won the FA Cup twice in a row. Also, we've not had our titles bought and paid for like City, Chelsea. United, we compete off our own steam and Wenger makes that possible, thats invaluable to me, a new manager aint gonna bring nothing that Wenger cant do, Arsenal are a self sufficient well managed concern with a clear footballing philosophy, all this is down to Wenger at the moment, I am pleased as punch with his work, yes I'd like titles but again with an Arab Sheikh at the helm its a different proposition than a team that is actually managed.

For all the talk about spending money United have been spending hand over fist last couple of seasons, for all the good its done em.

Dont mean there to be a narky tone to this post or anything, it is just my firm belief that to do what Arsenal are doing in the era of the moneybags teams is phenomenal really, when we will the title or when we fin FA Cups, it feels like something, it has a value beyond those that basically pay for it, thats my feeling.

Just like if Leicester win this season it will REALLY mean something. Cuz it'll be won where it should be won, on the pitch, money cant buy passion and thats what we have at Arsenal.

Edited by Len B'stard

He spends, he just wants something very specific and has really definite and precise ideas about the exact player he wants in each specific position and doesn't pull the trigger til he finds them, i feel nowadays people start to run out of ideas and just start buying people cuz they're a pretty good player, like Di Maria, anybody and his Mum can see Di Maria don't fit a team like United, or someone like Remy who i feel ain't quality enough for Chelsea, or someone like Wilfred Bony who ain't quality enough for City. Everyones like sign a DM, sign a DM...but who, how, why? Carvalho has been touted for a while now but I'm not sure about him. I mean no player a cert or a guarantee that they're gonna perform but there should at least be as educated as possible an idea of how a players going to plug into a particular system.

Although Wenger has a good idea what he's doing. It's not rocket science. Just buy a load of great players but you also need that genius player. Messi, Ronaldo, Aguero, Suarez. But he focuses on the system and the right way to play.

Roman is in it for the glory and to launder money through the club. He stays visible so he doesn't get whacked by Putin hitmen. The way he got his money was through those government shares going public, but he only knew about because he knew Bereveskys daughter. Beveresky went into exile in UK and died of a "heartattack" a few years ago after a few attempts were made on his life.

Most of the money in football is dodgy as fuck.

So it's kind of hilarious to have inside all this shittiness there's Wenger with this purity and makes money for the owners and board and that's how he stays in a job. Without busting the bank he still has some success. But it's almost more cynical moneywise. But the football makes up for it.

Yeah, cos Putin is going to off his best mate, somebody who works in partnership to get sporting events into Russia....

Oh, and all his money is corrupt, which is why he passes the fit and proper owner test.

We're 16th and still the opposition fans are jealous!

Coventry will be in Championship one day. Maybe.

I read Roman's book about himself. I'm not saying he's not rolling legit, just that it's legalized stealing. And it's smart to move the money around. This is the kind of money in the prem. change the manager and buy a few more players. It's a lottery, the more tickets you buy...

But free money from oligarchs is different to what Arsenal are doing. Arsenal owners are making money off it.

Roman just wants to party!

It does look like players like Terry, Fabregas, Hazard, Costa just didn't like getting blamed for losing. Maybe that doctor was saying they tired and Morouriho was like get out there be a man. Terry got subbed against City probably realised under Jose his career was over. But under new manager he can have another season. They probably should have taken responsibility for the losses. But its easier to throw manager under the bus. Costa has been pretty shit.