The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

How Suarez is so far down on the list is criminal.. Yeah hes a cheating cnutbag but hes a genius and easily better than cr7 these days.. Ronaldo living off his repuatation and peanalties now. Congrats to messi though i reckon he'll finish with at least 8 before he retires and goes down as the greatest (club) player ever.

It's all sponsorship and who pays more. Wasnt adidas complaining sbout how boring utd were the other day? Soon they will be picking the team. In fact that was brought up under Sven England. He just picked big names because they had sponsors that would complain if he didnt.

Edited by wasted

It's all sponsorship and who pays more. Wasnt adidas complaining sbout how boring utd were the other day? Soon they will be picking the team. In fact that was brought up under Sven England. He just picked big names because they had sponsors that would complain if he didnt.

Yeah ultimately boss over the club they put pressure on the Glazer's that the style is not entertaining we will end our deal with you at the end of contract. They in turn eventually sack the manager constant cycle

But does this happen often? i don't think about it much but adidas must start to get annoyed. That's the future. In Asia there's a few teams just called Nike Utd or whatever. Its only a matter of time before it's Samsung FC.

Yeah ultimately boss over the club they put pressure on the Glazer's that the style is not entertaining we will end our deal with you at the end of contract. They in turn eventually sack the manager constant cycle

But does this happen often? i don't think about it much but adidas must start to get annoyed. That's the future. In Asia there's a few teams just called Nike Utd or whatever. Its only a matter of time before it's Samsung FC.

I think it plays a bigger role than is known remember when Nike Coca Cola and Mcdonalds threatened to pull out of sponsorship after the FIF / Blatter thing came to light?

All of a sudden FIFA stopped defending him

They were just building empires under the guise of spreading football around the world. Like invade Qatar by accepting bribes. The mistake they made was ripping off the the US. So they sent in the FBI. Marty and Rust want the World Cup and a Big Mac.

Yeah, Fraser was definitely a gooner, bless him. So's Frank Warren. Yes it generally is Newcastle Brown with me but my local shithole Tesco express was out for the last 3 days so i been on the wife batterer, hate it really, bloats me up something rotten, as opposed to Newcastle Brown which i love and adore.

GO ON YOU FUCKIN GEORDIE CUNTS, GIVE IT SOME FUCKIN' STICK!

blatant fuckin' gift of a first pen! Geordies had the fuckin' better shouts, whatshisname got his legs took out for fuckssake! Won the ball my arse, no he fuckin' didnt, fuck off!

Edited by Len B'stard

Fuckssake Mitrovic, that was all yours!

Wow, I remember watching Srníček play for Newcastle back in the early Premier League days. 47 is too young to go.

Sad innit? I never even knew.

Aw bollocks! Fuckin' granny shagger!

Edited by Len B'stard

I dunno man, you could take a lot of positives from this game really, not to sound like a Sky Sports pundit. A lot of players showed they've woken up a bit, whats frustrating from a United supporters perspective I suppose is that they've all got the fuckin' skill, all the elements are there, it is not a shit squad by any stretch, they just don't seem to be being allowed to play. They were taking on BT Sport about this game being an example of certain players playing as they want to play and not according to restrictions.

I dunno man, you could take a lot of positives from this game really, not to sound like a Sky Sports pundit. A lot of players showed they've woken up a bit, whats frustrating from a United supporters perspective I suppose is that they've all got the fuckin' skill, all the elements are there, it is not a shit squad by any stretch, they just don't seem to be being allowed to play. They were taking on BT Sport about this game being an example of certain players playing as they want to play and not according to restrictions.

But Van Gaals seems the type of manager who will look at it as they need to stop playing as they want, and get some more restrictions in there cos they conceded 3 against Newcastle.

But Van Gaals seems the type of manager who will look at it as they need to stop playing as they want, and get some more restrictions in there cos they conceded 3 against Newcastle.

He's a right fuckin' alien-faced cunt that Van Gaal, the things that need sorting out are not the things that led to goals but you're right he won't see it that way.

Every manager needs to learn that commitment to a philsophy overall is good but at the same time the same philosophy does not apply across the board for every fuckin' opponent. This could be seen to be the problem with the top managers about at the moment, like Van Gaal, philosophy problems, or Mourinho, word around the campfire is that a lot of the objection to him from the team was that he made them play a kind of protective game against teams they knew they could steamroll over and it fucked them up. And the same with Wenger, he thinks you can just play tiki taka beautiful football against everyone but you can't, not least because the team we've got atm just ain't on that fuckin' Barca level, you can do it against lower sides most of the time but you have to switch up your game against stronger opposition or you will get exposed, as Arsenal have done on a number of occasions although thats changed over the last couple of seasons cuz they've woken up in terms of running a tighter ship against stronger opposition, but it all comes down to managerial philosophy.

Like Arsenal today, watch, unless they play a tight focused game and are well drilled defensively and quick on the counter they will suffer, and Liverpool ain't even really a top top team as such but such is the level Arsenal is on they are not gonna walk through this team with ease and if they go in their with this billy big dick attitude of we're top of the league and we're gonna pass them off the pitch they will be made today. This is why Klopp is in interviews going 'if we play them at their game we will suffer' cuz he knows thats gonna gee up silly old Arsenal into thinking they need to treat the scousers like minnows...and when they do they'll pay.

He's a right fuckin' alien-faced cunt that Van Gaal, the things that need sorting out are not the things that led to goals but you're right he won't see it that way.

Every manager needs to learn that commitment to a philsophy overall is good but at the same time the same philosophy does not apply across the board for every fuckin' opponent. This could be seen to be the problem with the top managers about at the moment, like Van Gaal, philosophy problems, or Mourinho, word around the campfire is that a lot of the objection to him from the team was that he made them play a kind of protective game against teams they knew they could steamroll over and it fucked them up. And the same with Wenger, he thinks you can just play tiki taka beautiful football against everyone but you can't, not least because the team we've got atm just ain't on that fuckin' Barca level, you can do it against lower sides most of the time but you have to switch up your game against stronger opposition or you will get exposed, as Arsenal have done on a number of occasions although thats changed over the last couple of seasons cuz they've woken up in terms of running a tighter ship against stronger opposition, but it all comes down to managerial philosophy.

Like Arsenal today, watch, unless they play a tight focused game and are well drilled defensively and quick on the counter they will suffer, and Liverpool ain't even really a top top team as such but such is the level Arsenal is on they are not gonna walk through this team with ease and if they go in their with this billy big dick attitude of we're top of the league and we're gonna pass them off the pitch they will be made today. This is why Klopp is in interviews going 'if we play them at their game we will suffer' cuz he knows thats gonna gee up silly old Arsenal into thinking they need to treat the scousers like minnows...and when they do they'll pay.

Can't disagree with any of that. The same thing that happens with Arsenal happened with Swansea on a smaller scale. For a good couple of seasons now they were getting a lot of praise for this possession based passing game and they did get some joy out of it. But this season after their 8th position they start forgetting that they are Swansea City not fuckin 1970's Ajax and there comes a time when you need to spoil and stifle so you can play football in the times during matches that will be effective and hurt the opponents.

Too be fair Gary Monk did recognise this and tried to set up the team differently for different opponents but by this point knob heads like Jonjo Shelvey thought he was the second coming of Ruud Gullit and the rot had set in.

Incidentally how can Jonjo Shelvey not be a scouser? His names fucking Jonjo for Christ sakes. Only someone from liverpool could possibly be called Jonjo.

I can just picture them all round the table in that sitcom Bread.

Billy Boswell: "Eeeeh, you alriht deer Mam this fookin jars got more money in it than usual like."

Ma Boswell: "Eeeeh, our Jonjo nicked it from the corner shop dis mornin, eeees a good lad dat Jonjo"

But no, he's from Essex its never sat right with me that :lol: