The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

Don't know. It is full of homosexuals kissing before the watershed.

Since when was kissing before the watershed disallowed? :lol:

Every soap has to have the proper quota of 'gays'. The homosexualisation of British television. Of course your lot are into that being as you wear skirts.

I almost think you're being serious...

Every soap has to have the proper quota of 'gays'.

Although I don't agree with Daisy on almost anything. He does have a point. On the quota for British "soaps" part at least.

There was a point a few years ago where every other character introduced to those kind of shows was either gay, lesbian, transgender, or a victim of child abuse. I think it was Coronation Street which at one point had almost quarter of it's characters fall under those stereotypes.

Now diversity is always important, but so is moderation and being "proportionate".

I do though remember when Brookside moved to the later time slot after the ratings plummeted. I specifically remember Max borderline fingering Jacqui though (while flicking the channel). Who'd have thought it'd be cancelled soon after?

Anyway it's all trash TV and this probably isn't a football related discussion :P.

Edited by AtariLegend

Although I don't agree with Daisy on almost anything. He does have a point. On the quota for British "soaps" part at least.

There was a point a few years ago where every other character introduced to those kind of shows was either gay, lesbian, transgender, or a victim of child abuse. I think it was Coronation Street which at one point had almost quarter of it's characters fall under those stereotypes.

Now diversity is always important, but so is moderation and being "proportionate".

I do though remember when Brookside moved to the later time slot after the ratings plummeted. I specifically remember Max borderline fingering Jacqui though (while flicking the channel). Who'd have thought it'd be cancelled soon after?

Anyway it's all trash TV and this probably isn't a football related discussion :P.

So, they kinda went from decades of not acknowledging that homosexuality exists at all to an unrealistically high level of representation as an unsophisticated effort at compensating? I guess it's all plot devices in a fairly trashy fictional narrative anyway, I doubt the writers are concerned with analysing demographic data to ensure that their number of homosexual characters is reflective of the societal reality.

I was more baffled by the Dark-Ages-esque idea that homosexual kissing in particular should be after the watershed, as though it's more of an obscenity than heterosexual kissing...

So, they kinda went from decades of not acknowledging that homosexuality exists at all to an unrealistically high level of representation as an unsophisticated effort at compensating? I guess it's all plot devices in a fairly trashy fictional narrative anyway, I doubt the writers are concerned with analysing demographic data to ensure that their number of homosexual characters is reflective of the societal reality.

I was more baffled by the Dark-Ages-esque idea that homosexual kissing in particular should be after the watershed, as though it's more of an obscenity than heterosexual kissing...

Call me ''something from the dark ages'' or a ''bigot'' but I do not want my nephews to be exposed to homosexual kissing and will promptly remove them from the room if it appears on screen.

Call me ''something from the dark ages'' or a ''bigot'' but I do not want my nephews to be exposed to homosexual kissing and will promptly remove them from the room if it appears on screen.

Out the room? Is your homophobia so intense that merely changing the channel won't do the trick? :P

Out the room? Is your homophobia so intense that merely changing the channel won't do the trick? :P

No cuz they have to know they've done something wrong by looking at it, if you quickly fumble the channel over it looks like you're the one thats done something wrong. I suppose you'd have to tell em too, the reason why, for casting eye on the queers. But then if seeing it in the living room is out of order then where does that leave talking about it? And you don't wanna send them out of the room without them knowing why, they might think it's like one of lifes forfeits, like everytime you see gayness on the telly you and your male cousin get sent out of the room to engage in some as a punishment :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

Does anyone know a good site for streaming games on an iPad need to cut costs at home so sacking Sky in and using Putlocker for Movies/TV and used navixsport at the weekend ... it was alright but cut out a few times

Just listen to talksport it's better than watching the games.

Aww, sweet that you're still getting riled up. You know that we never discussed Chelsea beating Liverpool and Gerrard's slip because that was the last day you were online.

It's alright, we showed how to win the league the next season.

Riled up? No. I only get pissed off with you when you bring up Hillsborough and that's because you are flat out wrong in your statements and it's taking the piss out of a tragedy.

Yes, I disappeared from the forum for over a year because Gerrard slipped. That's obviously the reason and not in the slightest bit coincidental, despite me having stated at the time that Liverpool wouldn't win the league.

So, about that debt and relegation scrap...

Neither exist. You're confusing United debt with ours.

You don't even know your own club; Chelsea have a near £1 Billion debt obligation. Your relegation scrap doesn't exist? Might want to look at the table and have a listen to your manager.

And, just for the record, I couldn't give a fig what you think of Liverpool, the club, Scousers etc. I ONLY get pissed off when you spew your BS with stuff like "The Scousers were drunk and charged the gates. They then went on a rampage and attacked the police and stole from the dead. Vermin".

Edited by PappyTron