WORKOUT THREAD

Budweiser

I kind of botched this week's workout plan because I didn't have a 'plan' until I threw weights around on Monday.

So now that I am all sore from working out an assortment of muscles in my legs and arms these last two days, I don't know what I will be doing for the remainder of the week. Tomorrow is a rest day obviously. I think I'll be running on the treadmill before work just to have something to do. I need to get rid of this little paunch I have...

But what happens on Thursday? What happens on Friday? I don't want to over-train my muscles on the first week.

Come Monday will be the start of my new exercise regimen thanks to BodyBuilding.com.

I feel fucking great right now. I forgot how much I missed weight lifting. I am sore and I am tired and I am very fucking happy. Sitting my ass in front of the TV sucks. I'd rather be walking on a treadmill and watch TV.

I am going to follow this program here starting next week.

Currently I weigh 135 lbs with a small belly-paunch, and the framework remains of a religiously followed workout regimen I followed for a year in college. I have some muscle mass, but I quit because I wasn't seeing gains anymore (which I confess, was probably due to a stagnant routine).

Oh, only read part of the first sentence :lol: Whatever, my point still stands.

Also, what supplements is everyone using currently, if any?

BSN Strawberry milkshake whey

Muscle Pharm limeade pre-workout

Crea Core sour green apple creatine lastly

gr8test--by-alpha-pro-nutrition-genesis-

So I ran for three miles today. Easily. I suppose I am in better shape than I thought.

The bad news is that I dropped down to 135. I have been eating a lot. I ate 20 Chicken Nuggets for lunch and been eating PB&Js and drinking milk until I feel like I am going to die, but alas, my weight is stagnant.

But I should not complain because I have faith.

So I ran for three miles today. Easily. I suppose I am in better shape than I thought.

The bad news is that I dropped down to 135. I have been eating a lot. I ate 20 Chicken Nuggets for lunch and been eating PB&Js and drinking milk until I feel like I am going to die, but alas, my weight is stagnant.

But I should not complain because I have faith.

Edited by arnold layne

If you keep such a stringent eye on the scales all the time you're gonna drive yourself mad being all neurotic over minor fluctuations of weight, i mean a pound is just like a good shit really, just do your thing and like, look once a month at the scale so you'll see actual functional results instead of tripping over every time you have a good meal or something, fucking stuff yourself and just work out like mental.

What is the sense of working out while eating dreadful junk food like nuggets and hotpockets? If you want to be healthy you have to get on the broccoli and fish.

You can still bulk up and that, even with junk food. Its not ideal but then to really do it clean, like proper bodybuilders, not everyone can afford all that, it might take a little longer and the results might not be quite as pronnounced depending on what you are hoping to achieve but, yknow, you're at least doing half the work.

Diet is really important but at the same time its better to have some exercise in your life rather than not just cuz you dont get 100% nutritious food.

Ken Norton lived off hotdogs in his very early boxing career and his physique was fantastic.

Edited by Len B'stard

It seems like a rather torturous route though. Look on it this way, in simplified terms: you eat junk food with 2000 calories in; that means you are going to have to run more than twice as hard to burn off a healthier meal of around 800 calories. And that is not factoring in the added nutritional content of the later, omega oils, proteins to aid muscle growth and recovery, etc, etc.

Maybe if it makes you work twice as hard it has that much more of a beneficial effect in terms of like...making you push that much harder. Thats what seems to get people with working out, getting into ruts and just not having the arse to go that extra mile anymore.

You are right really, it does hinder it but like i said if you cant afford it then you cant afford it.

Maybe if it makes you work twice as hard it has that much more of a beneficial effect in terms of like...making you push that much harder. Thats what seems to get people with working out, getting into ruts and just not having the arse to go that extra mile anymore.

You are right really, it does hinder it but like i said if you cant afford it then you cant afford it.

Flawed logic. Basically things like nuggets are pointless extra calories. You are working really hard to eradicate those pointless calories, just to get to (as the Americans would say), home base. Assuming you eat healthier the extra temptation will arrive through, increasing mileage, increasing time, etc. Essentially, the unnecessary time it took to burn off those nuggets will be utilised for more beneficial purposes. Besides, fried food on the guts when you are running is an unpleasant feeling.

Your logic reminds me of Rod Marsh's philosophy. Marsh would justify his excessive beer drinking the night before with the statement that, ''he would have to work extra hard on a cricket pitch to eradicate last night's excesses''. Basically because he drank, it made him work harder haha.