WORKOUT THREAD

Budweiser

How do guys and gals bulk so easy?

Peanut butter. Eat it out the jar.

Also add cheese to everything.

Peanut butter and hard cheese for bulking, chicken breasts and cottage cheese for cutting.

Drink beer. Or did you mean healthy bulk?
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Talked to a guy at the gym yesterday who can deadlift 530lbs at roughly my age and weight. That's 3x bodyweight. I'm not used to people being able to pull more than me, and I think I can really benefit from lifting with someone who is stronger, so I'm gonna ask him if he needs a training partner. no homo

Don't drill me on the real Bronson young man, i was watching his movies back when you were weaving rugs in Iran for 5 pence a day :lol:

No, seriously though, he's one of a handful of actors of whom I've seen every single one of his films. And I do mean every last one. And to make this into a little less of a pointless derail he was obssessive about exercising. And it was all 100% calisthenics and resistence stuff and he had a pretty decent physique as a result:

bighouseusa1955.jpg

b1541_ORIG-charlesbronsonhardtimes.jpg

He's fuckin' 50 odd in that second pic.

Edited by Len B'stard

I think him and Eastwood were the two pre-Arnie actors who had great physiques. Arnie mentions Eastwood asking him for bodybuilding tips in his book. Also a great bit with Bronson where they're at a table at Cannes, and a lady is trying to engage in conversation with Bronson. He interrupts her and bluntly says "I don't like small talk."

What a man :lol:

I think him and Eastwood were the two pre-Arnie actors who had great physiques. Arnie mentions Eastwood asking him for bodybuilding tips in his book. Also a great bit with Bronson where they're at a table at Cannes, and a lady is trying to engage in conversation with Bronson. He interrupts her and bluntly says "I don't like small talk."

What a man :lol:

Eastwood was pushing weight like, real early on, 1950s etc

Who would want to look like Arnie though? He is just a sack of 80s steroids. People like Eastwood - and Connery also - were proper geezers.

I agree yknow. I mean each to his own and that but those classic Arnie pics, from his Pumping Iron days, the sort of holy grail of the bodybuilding community, to me that looks fuckin' like...unnatural, not right.

There is something vaguely homosexual about such bodybuilding. Looking after your abs and all this rubbish. I think the industry was just created to sell protein shakes. It is pure 1980s cack, legwarmers and those muff things you wear around your ankles. This is what I mean,

Look at Muhammad Ali, Bruce Lee - they were pure muscle, not beefed up steroid machines. In actual fact I remember Dundee saying Ali never lifted weights. That physique was all through sparring and hitting the bags.

A great deal of what Bruce did is done in bodybuilding though, he was obssessed with that shit. He's very influential and highly respected within the bodybuilding community.

No boxers lift weights, if they got any brains, its not functional for fighters.

I dont think bodybuilding is about being a geezer though, its sort of the polar opposite, its cosmetics for men. Also, bodybuilding looks for quick results, Alis physique development went from age 12 and was fully realised by the time he was in his mid 20s, you reckon all these lads packing out gyms would bother if they knew they had to put in those sorts of amounts of work? Ali spent 8/9 hours a day in the gym, who the fuck wants to do that whoose just looking to look good?

Edited by Len B'stard