WORKOUT THREAD

Budweiser

I think Arnold's goals contradict each other at this point in time. Sure he can achieve what he wants but it's going to take a lot longer the way he is doing it now. I suggested no cardio, or at least different from what he's doing, because he's burning too many calories and he's having a hard enough time taking calories in. Lith has some very good suggestions. I would also suggest, if you can afford it, to get a personal trainer at your gym once or twice a week. The guidance and structure will drastically help you out. Even pro athletes still use PTs so its not just for people that don't know anything.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you'd like, Arnold. Any of us can give you good advise, but if you don't want to post a picture here that's understandable.

Don't be afraid to take a supplement though. Just because you're using a mass gainer doesn't mean you won't be able to get abs or any of your other goals. As long as you're doing the right work, you'll get there. As far as taste goes, yeah, some taste like shit, but honestly mass gainers taste better then straight up protein shakes typically. I've only tried free samples and tasted some my friends got, never strictly taken them because I don't need to gain mass, but it sounds like something you could definitely look in to.

I think all this weight lifting stuff is a set up. It's almost 100% cosmetic, which to me makes it a bit...lightweight. It's almost like a cure for acute depression, the last refuge of the untalented, cuz anyone can get good at it, there's no actual skill involved. SO much of it is to do with little man syndrome too? Go in your local gym and see how many 6 foot plus people there are in there. I've considered the possibility that perhaps I'm the arsehole here and this is like, the new man, what blokes are like, all into training and making themselves little waist and big chests and moisturising and exfoliating and shaping their fuckin' eyebrows and shit, there's a very real possibility that perhaps I'm just a bit of a scruffbag.

It sells you like this entire lifestyle, suddenly you've got to eat like this, buy 40 different kinds of fuckin' weird powder shit other 'you're not doing it right, you're not doing it right!'. There's people out there who actually won't do it and aren't interested in it if they don't have all their powder shit, Creatine and whatever else the million fuckin' supplements are called, an air conditioned gym and all these other weird things that have to be in place before they can do what was once known as a form of exercise.

Also, a vast percentage of em, often juicers but not limited to juicer, look shit. I'm sorry but you don't look hard or like He-Man, you look like a gorilla, like you can't walk properly, the only people that like that look is other people who are into this gym rat thing. The way i see it you're either a big man or you ain't and everybody type has it's own benefits and pitfalls, people that are naturally big with big bones look right with that shit, their frames are naturally disposed to accomodate that shit...if not you just look like someone stuck a bicycle pump up your arse.

Have a look at bodybuilders, have a look at how they end up, fucked up backs and joint pains and fucked up skin from constantly bulking and cutting and bulking and cutting, they look like Iggy Pops tanned ball bags. I'm not saying it's completely without merit but what stands nowadays for weight training work, a vast percentage of it is completely superfluous.

And juicers, those guys are fuckin' mental, there are people out there who don't even bother with weight training unless they are on juice because 'whats the point, otherwise you just toil in gyms for years for minimal results' which to me sums up gym culture really neatly. Work with what you got, accentuate it, fine, I commend that...but all these little rats in there's trying to look like Lou Ferrigno is just laughable.

I think all this weight lifting stuff is a set up. It's almost 100% cosmetic, which to me makes it a bit...lightweight. It's almost like a cure for acute depression, the last refuge of the untalented, cuz anyone can get good at it, there's no actual skill involved. SO much of it is to do with little man syndrome too? Go in your local gym and see how many 6 foot plus people there are in there. I've considered the possibility that perhaps I'm the arsehole here and this is like, the new man, what blokes are like, all into training and making themselves little waist and big chests and moisturising and exfoliating and shaping their fuckin' eyebrows and shit, there's a very real possibility that perhaps I'm just a bit of a scruffbag.

It sells you like this entire lifestyle, suddenly you've got to eat like this, buy 40 different kinds of fuckin' weird powder shit other 'you're not doing it right, you're not doing it right!'. There's people out there who actually won't do it and aren't interested in it if they don't have all their powder shit, Creatine and whatever else the million fuckin' supplements are called, an air conditioned gym and all these other weird things that have to be in place before they can do what was once known as a form of exercise.

Also, a vast percentage of em, often juicers but not limited to juicer, look shit. I'm sorry but you don't look hard or like He-Man, you look like a gorilla, like you can't walk properly, the only people that like that look is other people who are into this gym rat thing. The way i see it you're either a big man or you ain't and everybody type has it's own benefits and pitfalls, people that are naturally big with big bones look right with that shit, their frames are naturally disposed to accomodate that shit...if not you just look like someone stuck a bicycle pump up your arse.

Have a look at bodybuilders, have a look at how they end up, fucked up backs and joint pains and fucked up skin from constantly bulking and cutting and bulking and cutting, they look like Iggy Pops tanned ball bags. I'm not saying it's completely without merit but what stands nowadays for weight training work, a vast percentage of it is completely superfluous.

And juicers, those guys are fuckin' mental, there are people out there who don't even bother with weight training unless they are on juice because 'whats the point, otherwise you just toil in gyms for years for minimal results' which to me sums up gym culture really neatly. Work with what you got, accentuate it, fine, I commend that...but all these little rats in there's trying to look like Lou Ferrigno is just laughable.

It's funny how you suddenly changed your attitude when DieselDaisy started posting in this thread with his outdated perspective on manliness/heterosexuality and historical dick-waving. It's only been, what, a year since you were asking me for workout advice?

It's funny how you suddenly changed your attitude when DieselDaisy started posting in this thread with his outdated perspective on manliness/heterosexuality and historical dick-waving. It's only been, what, a year since you were asking me for workout advice?

But my post isn't anything resembling as horrible or unforgiving as Dies' was, my post is talking about a specific kind of arsehole, I'm not rubbishing the idea of gyms or working out entirely, quite the opposite, my post is talking about poportion and what fits and suits which kind of person. The criticism in that post is to do with a lot of the arseholes that enter into that shit, something you've expressed annoyance at before now too, arseholes and juicers. Where you found any mention of heterosexuality or any of that stuff I have no idea. In fact in the very first paragraph you'll find me entertaining the notion that perhaps I'm in the wrong here and this is whole paradigm shift is a kind of natural evolution.

Is it the little man syndrome stuff that bothered you? Listen, i was just stating that, objectively, as a fact. And it's not far wrong is it, why do people go out of their way to be big? Can you seriously tell me that, with all of em, it has nothing to do with having some kind of issue or problem with being small? I dunno whether you think it's cuz I'm tall I'm trying to make some kinda point here but it could just as easily be applicable to people of my disposition, tall and skinny people who have an issue with being skinny, and I'm pretty skinny.

Other than that what is there in that post thats objectionable? And yeah I've asked you about training, less than a year ago, and I'd probably do it again, I'm fascinated by it, I've read books on it from everybody to Bruce Lee to Jack Dempsey, I'm at a loss in regards to seeing exactly what part of my post you found objectionable. Honestly, i think you've read so many Dies' posts taking the piss out of it that you thought thats what i was doing, it's not a criticism of the idea of working out per se, more of a particular kind of culture centred around it and the do's and don'ts therein and the notion that a lot of it is silly and superfluous, i could say the same about boxing, that there's a lot in the modern game thats silly and superfluous and deserves to be subject to criticism, don't mean to say I hate the sport or I'm trying to say it's a load of shit without any merit to it.

In fact my first post in this thread made mention of how i never got on with all that hulk stuff and felt a swimmers etc physique was ideal.

Edited by Len B'stard

The part about it being cosmetic and "lightweight", as you put it, was what I reacted to. I interpret it as in line with the general point of view on gender roles and society that you guys have with the whole "soft lad" this and "soft lad" that banter. I know that DieselDiasy probably means it, because he's an arrogant prick born in the wrong century, but I thought it was meant more tongue in cheek on your part. To many people, including myself, it is indeed cosmetic to an extent, but to call it lightweight is plain silly. Very few people are mentally and physically strong enough to get under a bar and say "I'm going to sit down and get back up with this on my back until I pass out, throw up, get a nosebleed or even blow something out".

Edited by Lithium

Alls i meant by that was for those who it is 100% about cosmetics, which it is for a great many, that idea, just plain vanity, THAT idea is kinda lightweight or insubstantial, its obviously to some degree cosmetic for everyone but at the same time they get a lot more out of it besides. Perhaps Im being too judgemental, if people want to do it for 100% cosmetic reasons then who am i to tell em they're wrong? Was just what immediately occured to me when pondering the notion.

The part about it being cosmetic and "lightweight", as you put it, was what I reacted to. I interpret it as in line with the general point of view on gender roles and society that you guys have with the whole "soft lad" this and "soft lad" that banter. I know that DieselDiasy probably means it, because he's an arrogant prick born in the wrong century, but I thought it was meant more tongue in cheek on your part. To many people, including myself, it is indeed cosmetic to an extent, but to call it lightweight is plain silly. Very few people are mentally and physically strong enough to get under a bar and say "I'm going to sit down and get back up with this on my back until I pass out, throw up, get a nosebleed or even blow something out".

Look at Jane Fonda go there! At least I can talk with a human woman.

deadlifts for me today. very excited about it. i've been hitting new records every week. I just started deadlifting about three months ago because it's something I was always scared to do by myself. Now that I have a trainer to keep my form in check it's been amazing. Gainz have shot up like crazy and my entire body has changed.

• Like 1

deadlifts for me today. very excited about it. i've been hitting new records every week. I just started deadlifting about three months ago because it's something I was always scared to do by myself. Now that I have a trainer to keep my form in check it's been amazing. Gainz have shot up like crazy and my entire body has changed.

How much are you pulling?

Edited by Lithium

I'm doing a shortcut to size program by Body Builder.

It's definitely working. Yes. I know it has only been a week but I can definitely see how focusing on two muscle groups on one session is better than losely focusing on upper and lower body.

My arms are sore and visibly bigger. I'm blessed in the sense that I worked out in college so it won't take as long to rebuild that muscle I once had.

Truly, I believe I have a natural body builder body. Maybe Black Sabbath can attest to that.

The hooray for tolerance! knows my physique and never said anything. He's probably selling my modeling form on shady websides.

hooray for tolerance!.

(I wasn't nude I swear).