The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

Well, that doesn't sound good.

Another tweet by Pacquiao calling him out:

And, Arum is apparently frustrated:

"We finished talking, nobody has come to us and said, 'OK.' I mean, we've finished, they've asked us to agree to this, agree to that. We agreed to everything," stated Arum, who sounded a bit frustrated.

"When you agree to everything, then you wait for confirmation that the other side is in. We assumed all along that they were in. Otherwise, why are they f***ing with us?"

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-details-pacquiao-meeting-status-on-mayweather--86506

I don't, no. Truth be told a couple of the Norton desicions were dodgy too. Jimmy Young one could be questioned too. But then thats every fighter innit? That ones ridiculous though, the Wepner one.

I remember this story where Wepners missus got this sexy lookin' blue number off of Wepner who gave it to her goin' 'wear this tonight cuz you're gonna be sleeping with the heavyweight champion of the world' and after the fight she went to Chuck 'shall i go to Ali's dressing room then?' :lol:

Also, Tony Perez is wrong there, Chuck Wepner fight wasn't the third time only Ali got knocked down, there was a time before that too, watch this at 58 seconds, Sonny Banks drops him

Edited by Len B'stard

What a load of FUCKIN' bollocks. I'm so narked off about that i can't tell ya. Fuckin' pathetic if he goes for the Cotto fight, the guy ain't a fighter he's a fuckin' joke and i hope to God some real fighters come along cuz this is just fuckin' embarassing quite frankly, fuckin' dickhead, gobbin' off in all these interviews, wonder what the excuse is gonna be this time, Bob Arum nicking sweeties off his kids i shouldn't wonder, fuckin' pussy, no other word for him, just a massive massive massive fuckin' cockstain of the highest order. Fuckin' shameful, a fuckin' boxer of all people, Christ Almighty, there was a time where boxers couldn't show their fuckin' faces in public pulling lesser strokes than this bullshit.

And Danny Garcia, catchweight, non-title fight with Lamont Peterson. You mean the Lamont Petersen that got sparked out by an ex Garcia victim in Mathyyssee, that Lamont Petersen? Fuckin' wankers, what have you fuckin' pussies done to my favorite sport, you call yourself champions you should be fuckin' ashamed of yourself, i dunno how they look their fuckin' kids in the face.

Worst thing is they're actually like, proud of it, try to justify it, I've heard Danny Garcia say a number of times now that fans are just moaners basically and idiots and there's no point giving a shit about what they're saying.

If i hear the words 'secure my legacy' out of a boxer again I'm gonna find them and shoot them. Cunts. And people criticise Tyson these days, thats the new popular thing, fuck that, my boy Mike would die the death of a thousand bastards before bottling it from a fight, never that, not ever, all were welcome with the kid, they all got to get their taste.

Fuckin'...what the fuck have they done to boxing :no: And these fuckin' gayboy popstar manager wankers like Al Haymon and that, fuck off out of boxing you fuckin' weasel, you need to be waiting in Britney Spears dressing room with a bunch of flowers while they wheel that mong out for the next stadium show in fuck knows what city, doped off hr head, not knowing where she is, thats your fuckin' job you cunt, get fuckin' meds for Michael Jackson, fuck off out of boxing and go be the fuckin' chickenhawk that you are.

Fuck me, Don King might've been a crook but at least he got fights made. Fuckin' ashy faced Bill Cosby looking motherfucker. I hope you trip over your mothers virtue and land in the fuckin' gutter, you piece of shit.

Edited by Len B'stard

Really? Well they can say what they like cuz the truth is, by the time of the Zora Foley fight he'd basically cleared out the heavyweight division, there was literally no one left for him to fight at that point. And then when he came back, fuck me, he dominated the division, took on his bogeymen when it was risky and stupid to do so (Norton for one). But make it easier, just name the 70s or 60s, his era heavyweight that he didn't fight? Shit, people like Leon Spinks weren't really his era, there'd been chat of him retiring after the Foreman fight, that was meant to be last fight. The guy fought Trevor Berbick in a comeback for chrissakes, Larry Holmes and Trevor Berbick, this is over 20 years since he turned professional, Ali took on EVERYBODY.

I heard the rumours too, he ducked a Foreman rematch, fuck that, at 31 years old, to win, against ALL the odds, everyone saying he couldn't, that he'd get killed, that it'd finish in the early rounds and they wondered could he hurt him...and he KNOCKED him out? :lol: Fuck that, why should he fight him again?

Also there was the rumours that he avoided Chuvalo early on. Ended up fuckin' fighting him twice but that was the word, thats what they called ducking in those days, not fighting within that year :lol: Think Mayweather Pacquiao and then think THOSE mentalities in them days. Even then, Chuvalo was a spring chicken even in the days they did fight. Shit, he held Chuvalos head and gave him his body to open up on, Ali scared of a puncher, yeah right.

Other than that I ain't heard anything else on the matter i can think of...he just didn't duck.

Edited by Len B'stard

What a load of FUCKIN' bollocks. I'm so narked off about that i can't tell ya. Fuckin' pathetic if he goes for the Cotto fight, the guy ain't a fighter he's a fuckin' joke and i hope to God some real fighters come along cuz this is just fuckin' embarassing quite frankly, fuckin' dickhead, gobbin' off in all these interviews, wonder what the excuse is gonna be this time, Bob Arum nicking sweeties off his kids i shouldn't wonder, fuckin' pussy, no other word for him, just a massive massive massive fuckin' cockstain of the highest order. Fuckin' shameful, a fuckin' boxer of all people, Christ Almighty, there was a time where boxers couldn't show their fuckin' faces in public pulling lesser strokes than this bullshit.

And Danny Garcia, catchweight, non-title fight with Lamont Peterson. You mean the Lamont Petersen that got sparked out by an ex Garcia victim in Mathyyssee, that Lamont Petersen? Fuckin' wankers, what have you fuckin' pussies done to my favorite sport, you call yourself champions you should be fuckin' ashamed of yourself, i dunno how they look their fuckin' kids in the face.

Worst thing is they're actually like, proud of it, try to justify it, I've heard Danny Garcia say a number of times now that fans are just moaners basically and idiots and there's no point giving a shit about what they're saying.

If i hear the words 'secure my legacy' out of a boxer again I'm gonna find them and shoot them. Cunts. And people criticise Tyson these days, thats the new popular thing, fuck that, my boy Mike would die the death of a thousand bastards before bottling it from a fight, never that, not ever, all were welcome with the kid, they all got to get their taste.

Fuckin'...what the fuck have they done to boxing :no: And these fuckin' gayboy popstar manager wankers like Al Haymon and that, fuck off out of boxing you fuckin' weasel, you need to be waiting in Britney Spears dressing room with a bunch of flowers while they wheel that mong out for the next stadium show in fuck knows what city, doped off hr head, not knowing where she is, thats your fuckin' job you cunt, get fuckin' meds for Michael Jackson, fuck off out of boxing and go be the fuckin' chickenhawk that you are.

Fuck me, Don King might've been a crook but at least he got fights made. Fuckin' ashy faced Bill Cosby looking motherfucker. I hope you trip over your mothers virtue and land in the fuckin' gutter, you piece of shit.

I hear ya man. Both you and I are TRUE fans of the sport, but this kind of shit is whats killing it. Give me 10 fucking fan man or ear bite fights over this "protect my legacy BS." At least in those days it was REAL fighters standing toe to toe in the ring. If Floyd doesn't fight Pacman, he is THE MOST OVERRATED FIGHTER of all time. I won't even listen to anything to the contrary. Any stupid motherfucker that EVER puts his name in the same sentence with Sugar Ray Leonard, Tommy Hearns, Roberto Duran, Sugar Ray Robinson, Jake Lamotta, Henry Armstrong, Willie Pep, and Marvin Hagler should be bitch smacked on the spot. Hell even the Klitchko boys are more legitimate than this fuck face....

• Like 2

Liston got a rematch, Foreman should have as well. Any time a champ loses it should be up to them whether or not they get a rematch IMO. Honestly, I don't think Foreman really wanted one. Ali was too difficult of a fighter for him, thats why Foreman went out and did things like that 5 fights in one night kind of crap. He just wanted to knock fools out and feel special again, he didn't REALLY want any part of Ali, thats just lip service on his part. Now Tyson and Douglas, thats a different story, Evander should have beenput on the back burner...

Do not shoot the messenger.

He said the one mistake the Ali camp made was fighting Doug Jones so early,

This whole episode is based around Alf et al watching the Ali Foreman highlights, having avoided the news and newspapers all weekend so they don't catch the result. Some of Alfs race related appraisals of Ali are just :facepalm::lol:

• Like 1

Someone mentioned maybe Floyd will agree on Super Bowl Sunday (Feb 1st). That's a great idea if he does that. I believe I read TMT has until the end of the month (Jan), so we'll see. Floyd backed himself into a corner this time.

Definatly a damn shame if he fights Cotto or Canelo again. Those four, could have put on one of the alltime fight weekends if they could put the bs aside.

Side note: Politics aside, they should have a weekend every year where all the champions from each weight class fights their mandatory or #1 contender. From feather weight up to heavyweight....kaching$$$

Edited by T.wa.T

The people who picked Ali's opponents...did a masterful job. Sometimes they had to bite the bullet and go after a Sonny Liston, Joe Frazier or George Foreman. But apart from that, they generally chose fighters who were too old, or too slow and never at their peak. Occasionally they made a mistake. Doug Jones was a mistake...but the biggest mistake they ever did was putting him in the first time with Ken Norton.

- Eddie Futch

Watched Ali v Norton 1-2 last night on youtube. Ali had many shitty fights after his exile and Norton 1 has to be up there (alongside Bonavena- fuck me - Ringo was arguably winning that until the 15th KO!). Ali is flat footed, has no rhythm, backing off, going to the ropes, allowing Norton to come on at him. He looked flabby a bit as well, Ali. Terrible. Norton comes at you from weird angles and had that weird cross defense thing. He was a weird looking fighter really, dragging his back foot there. Prime specimen of a fighter mind.

Sounds like some BS to me. So the big issues are Jimmy Lennon jr or Michael Buffer and who gets the red corner or blue corner. Really??? Fuck you Floyd, making excuses. This kind of shit doesn't matter....

The point he's trying to make with that is if media outlets are saying EVERYTHING has been agreed well then tell, explain your source, what has been agreed, what has been settled? He's trying to say that all the reports of a done deal is bullshit.

Ariza is a fuckin' snake really.

Watched Ali v Norton 1-2 last night on youtube. Ali had many shitty fights after his exile and Norton 1 has to be up there (alongside Bonavena- fuck me - Ringo was arguably winning that until the 15th KO!). Ali is flat footed, has no rhythm, backing off, going to the ropes, allowing Norton to come on at him. He looked flabby a bit as well, Ali. Terrible. Norton comes at you from weird angles and had that weird cross defense thing. He was a weird looking fighter really, dragging his back foot there. Prime specimen of a fighter mind.

You gotta remember Norton was a fuckin' nobody before thag first fight, no one saw that shit coming. His breaking Ali's jaw had a great bearing on the proceedings too although people kinda let Ali off that in a weird way, like as if it just was some kinda bad luck cosmic fuckin' happenstance, an unavoidable, its like no, give the man his dues, Ali's jaw broke cuz Norton smacked it, give him credit.

His biggest claim to fame was being Joe Frazier's sparring partner, which probably helped Norton establish a game plan for Ali - especially under Eddie Futch. Futch spotted a weakness in Ali which was, when Ali jabbed with his left he kept his right hand low and a little off to the side, so he told Norton to counter with his jab. And if he got him on the ropes, aim for the body. Also, Ali played into Norton's hands. If you press Norton he looked shit. Foreman knocked him out in two rounds. But Ali was passive, allowing Norton to come at him.

Sounds like some BS to me. So the big issues are Jimmy Lennon jr or Michael Buffer and who gets the red corner or blue corner. Really??? Fuck you Floyd, making excuses. This kind of shit doesn't matter....

The point he's trying to make with that is if media outlets are saying EVERYTHING has been agreed well then tell, explain your source, what has been agreed, what has been settled? He's trying to say that all the reports of a done deal is bullshit.

Ariza is a fuckin' snake really.

It just sounds like cemantics. So that's where it is, arguing over cemantics? WTF??? Manny already said, "Whatever you want Floyd." It just sounds a little smoke and mirrors ish to me. One guy (Manny) doesn't seem to care about the little things, while the other guy (Floyd) is worrried about them. Why is my question? Because you are looking for excuses. I understand that those type of things do need to be figured out, but making those things a major issue raises my eyebrow....

What hes saying is nothing has been arranged and nothing will be arranged as long as Bob Arum is in the picture, there is literally nothing there in terms of ink to paper or agreed terms as the media is suggesting.

Where would the media get those reports from though? So Manny's camp never sent the contract signed back to Floyd's camp then? Or has there never even been a contract to sign? I'm confused. Plus why does Floyd hate Bob Arum so bad, making HIM the reason they will never fight? It just seems to me that if he (Floyd) really wanted this fight, he would find a way to make it happen, instead it seems like a lot of reasons to not make it happen.

Where would the media get those reports from though?

Dunno man, same place they do when they report hundreds of football transfers that never happen.

So Manny's camp never sent the contract signed back to Floyd's camp then? Or has there never even been a contract to sign? I'm confused

I believe what they're getting at is there has never been a contract to sign.

Plus why does Floyd hate Bob Arum so bad, making HIM the reason they will never fight?

Cuz he blamed Bob Arum for holding him back all his career and not giving him the proper promotion and instead focusing on the De La Hoyas of this world etc etc. A more accurate appraisal might be that no ones given a shit about this boring bastards fights his whole career until such time as he signed on to fight Oscar, his biggest box office gate until the recent Canelo one, and all that was on Oscars back really. Then suddenly he goes from Pretty Boy Floyd to Money Mayweather, starts to talk shit about people on TV and hey presto, suddenly everyones heard of him. He despises Bob Arum.

It just seems to me that if he (Floyd) really wanted this fight, he would find a way to make it happen, instead it seems like a lot of reasons to not make it happen.

Totally agree, i think Arizas as big a cunt as Floyd too. To give you a little history on Ariza he was first a strength training coach under Freddie Roach for Pacqiauo and Amir Khan etc, he was the famous 'strength training' coach behind whom Floyd was making his little bullshit suggestions about Manny being on PEDs. Anyway, he splits acrimoniously with Freddie Roach and moves onto Freddies rival Robert Garcia out of Oxnard California, he was an insitigating agent in that whole little kick off that happened between the Pacman and Brandon Rios camp when they fought, where they were making fun of Freddie Roaches parkinsons slur to which he replied calling Ellie Seckbach and Robert Garcia a jew motherfucker and a mexican motherfucker respectively.

And THEN...he does the dirty on Garcia when Garcias fighter Maidana gets a rematch with Floyd, to go join Floyds camp where the guy is now, he's an oppertunist and a snake.

http://www.fightsaga.com/news/item/5191-Miguel-Cotto-Floyd-Mayweather-Amir-Khan

They make a fair point y'know, it'd be a clever way to secure that Cinco De Mayo thingie. Whys that shit such a big deal in America anyway, I guess you got a lot of Mexicans over there and they are big boxing fans. Still, it's not like America to...like...give a shit about someone elses big day. I guess it's a commerce thing more than anything, not like Obamas declared it a holiday.

Edited by Len B'stard