The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fury v AJ date could be announced in the next couple days 

On 2/28/2021 at 3:57 AM, Coma16 said:

How on Earth was that Turkish bum WBC's number one contender to fight Canelo? That is whats wrong with boxing...

I literally can't it believe it either and I got up to watch that as well Canelo ring walk amazing tho 

I'm still laughing now 

35 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14229256/anthony-joshua-tyson-fury-allegiant-stadium-las-vegas/

Both Bob A and Frank W confirm the date is soon to be announced  late June or July only C19 related things to deal with now 

Confirming that a date is soon to be announced is such a con to try and keep a buzz going it's comical. Load of bollocks honestly, just tell us the date and take our money.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Confirming that a date is soon to be announced is such a con to try and keep a buzz going it's comical. Load of bollocks honestly, just tell us the date and take our money.

The date is coming the problem  is where to hold it

Las V

China 

UAE 

Singapore 

All them are currently bidding its being announced after the date 

But I totally agree anything to keep the buzz going and drag it out lol

Edited by Gavin82

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ToonGuns said:

Yeah I reckon he will again. Will certainly shake up the heavyweight contenders. Winner to fight Wilder?

Yeah good call these Russians are hard fuckers 

Also Katy Taylor confirms May 1st with Natasha Jonss.

On 3/23/2021 at 5:20 PM, Gavin82 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/56464595

Del boy to fight Jo Parker May 1st in UK same bill as Katy Taylor

Chisora is already showing signs of brain damage. Slow, slurred speech. It's noticeable in interviews now but in 25 years from now he's likely going to be damaged by boxing.

• Like 1

800px-Jarrett_Hurd_(31851710488)_(croppe

Don;t know how many of ya'll have heard of Swift Jarett Hurd. He is a former unified light middleweight world champion, having held the WBA WBASu  per, IBF IBF and IBO titles between 2017 and 2019. I knew him when he was a little tater tot because my dad and his worked together on the assembly line at Washington Post. Unfortunately his father passed away about a month ago from a heart attack. 

I would love to see him fight Jermall Charlo but that'll probably never happen. Swift has such a good left hook but since he is approaching 32 years old I doubt that;ll ever happen. When you get that age, it's all retirement. He lost his belts to Julian Williams but Williams lost those belts at his next fight.

Here's a full fight between Hurd and Erislandy Lara

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/anthony-joshua-tyson-fury-choose-23928042

Saudi Arabia is confirmed as the country for Fury v AJ its either 27th July or 4th Aug date TBA 

1 hour ago, ToonGuns said:

That link implies there could be a Chisora v Parker 2. Or do they always do it that way?

Yeah  bound to be part 2 for sure 

• Like 1

https://www.dazn.com/en-GB/news/boxing/saul-canelo-alvarez-vs-billy-joe-saunders-date-fight-time-tv-channel-and-live-stream/7bp8l8dweqzp1repxk1zsl0xm

Canelo v Billy Jo is CONFIRMED it's from AT&T Stadium in Texas with FANS this is a MASSIVE MASSIVE Stadium 

SATURDAY May 8th live on DAZNUK only £1.99 a month NO CONTRACT the fight is expected to get on after 4am UK time