Slash gets a neck tattoo for new years...

KeyserSoze

You gotta be fucking kidding me. What a dumb thing to do. Disrespectful in every shape and form. Very low, Slash!

Disrespectful to who?

His wife. His kids. Life.

If he and Perla are finished, I don't think it can be considered disrespectful to her, and I have no idea why it would be disrespectful to his kids.

I still think he should respect Perla publicly, and to me that means not making a mockery of their marriage with matching tattoos with another girl so quickly and so openly. And Perla is his kids' mom, so sticking it to her via instagram or whatever the tattoo pic comes from is disrespectful to his kids imo. And matching tattoos are lame and the tattoo itself is ugly, so that covers disrespectful to life. :lol:

• Like 2

you guys, i agree this all is a bit of a weird move of Slash, and it is kinda strange how he openly shows how happy he is with changes and stuff but who are we to judge him? i mean nobody's perfect and we have no saying in what Slash Axl or DJ do but yet we always find it necessary to complain and bitch about them. Just let them do their things you know? it's their lives and they do what they feel good about i suppose. It's more important that they are able to maintain a happy life and keep the music we love alive, i only hope that nobody suffers too much from the whole Slash and Perla thing and that they will keep things calm for the sake of their children and i hope Slash won't reach out to drugs and alcohol again.

Being i grew up in Chicago, the Chicago location is right by Wrigley Field, which is the bar "The Metro" also known as Cabaret Metro. Ive seen a ton of bands there in the 90's, but i remember reading about GNR playing there in the 80's and hanging out there..also believe i read something about Slash leaving his I.D. there or something..

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1989-06-26/features/8902120774_1_doug-goldstein-guns-n-roses-axl-rose

Note#### the location of the tattoo in Chicago is from the bar in the article below. Think what you want..cheers

- Doug Goldstein, J.J. Stravinsky Brothers, managers of Guns N` Roses

Guns N` Roses is not in Chicago.

Ignore that group of young men with the big hair, sunglasses and bodyguard. Don`t listen to the rumors on Clark Street. It`s not them. They`re simply not here. Never have been. Honest.

It would be big news if Axl Rose, Steven Adler, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan and Slash had decided to make Chicago their temporary home while planning the follow-up album to ``Appetite for Destruction`` and ``GN`R Lies.`` After selling more than 7 million albums in a couple years, it would be big news if America`s most notorious metal band decided to rent a condo on the North Side, hang out at some bars and rehearse upstairs at the Cabaret Metro away from the crowds and distractions of Los Angeles.

But, ahem, like we said, it`s just not true.

As a rumor, the band`s stay in Chicago isn`t of Oprah-esque proportions, and it`s tame indeed by Guns N` Roses standards. This, after all, is a band in which the lead singer is rumored to have died of a drug overdose about twice a month.

Nevertheless, during the first three weeks of June, word spread quickly across the city that Axl and the boys had been sighted in the shops, bars and restaurants along Clark Street. People started talking, the wild stories began to grow and soon it was time to check fable against fact.

In Los Angeles, the city the band calls home, the press department at Geffen Records had no comment on the band`s whereabouts. ``Only management knows where they are,`` said a spokeswoman. ``All we know is that they`re working on the album outside the city.``

``Management`` means J.J. Stravinsky Brothers, a fledgling L.A.-based firm whose fortune and disdain for the press has grown in step with the legend of their biggest client, Guns N` Roses.

``We don`t have to talk about any of this,`` was the terse response from Doug Goldstein, co-manager of the group. ``We turned down the cover of

(expletive) Newsweek. We`ve got the hottest band in America and we don`t need press to sell albums. We`re not talking about where they are.``

Someone forgot to tell the band.

Unlike the Beatles, who in their later years were easily able to

``disappear`` at will under the guidance of Brian Epstein, Guns N` Roses have proven unable to keep a secret.

Those who ate at Leona`s on Sheffield the night of June 15 know firsthand. Those people, including North Side resident Chuck Kouri, could`ve sworn they saw the Guns N` Roses entourage (minus Axl) chow down on a meal of pizza and pasta.

``When they walked in, one of the waitresses looked at them and said,

`Righteous metal dudes-you could be in Guns N` Roses,` `` Kouri said.

``When she came back and someone told her that they actually were, the guys in the band laughed, introduced themselves and gave her a pretty hard time about it.

``They sat at a table in the front window and even joined in when another table started singing happy birthday. The were singing off-key on purpose, hamming it up.

``Actually, it was kind of disappointing. They were pretty quiet, not at all what you`d expect from their reputation. No one bothered them and they just ate, paid their bill and left.``

Limousines? ``They all got into a Ford Aerostar and took off. Like I said, pretty disappointing.``

Guns `N Roses saved their wilder side for a series of North Side bars, including Sheffield`s, Exit and especially the Smart Bar, downstairs at the Cabaret Metro.

Joe Shanahan, co-owner of Metro, confirmed that the band had been seen at the Smart Bar.

``But they`re not recording here or practicing,`` Shanahan said, dispelling reports to the contrary.

But several Metro employees said practice sessions took place in the empty rooms above Metro, the former home of the Smart Bar.

``All I know is that they`ve been downstairs, having a good time in the bar,`` Shanahan said. ``They seem to like the atmosphere.``

``I`ve talked to their management, trying to arrange some kind of show if they decide to play while they`re here. It`d be great to get them in a place this size.``

On one recent evening, a Tribune reporter sighted young Duff leaving the Metro in no condition to drive. His bodyguard, however, was more than happy to hail a cab, fold Duff in half and gently place the bassist in the back seat before driving off with him.

Though stories of a Guns N` Roses encounter are fodder perhaps for Dave Letterman`s ``brush with greatness,`` they have done little to clear the question: Why are they here?

The latest word, this time from the band`s stage manager, was that they were in the city for the recent National Association of Music Merchandisers convention.

``They were here for four days, to pick up free equipment from their sponsors at the convention and to do some publicity for them,`` said the manager, who identified himself only as Tom. ``They rented a condo for the stay and now they`re back in Los Angeles.``

As the smokescreen continues to build, along with the number of people who claim to have seen the band, it`s important to remember band-manager Goldstein`s final declaration for anyone who claimed Guns `N Roses was in Chicago-for any reason.

``We remember, and we expect to be around a long time with this band and other acts. Anyone who tries to blow this whole thing out will be shut out for good. Nothing.``

Remember, you heard it here first. Guns `N Roses isn`t in Chicago.

Edited by Birk

Well, hopefully it means something to Slash. But if it's for his kids, I would have gotten a nice tattoo that included their names.

I have a tattoo for each of my kids and my granddaughter. I love all of them. Also got one for my dad and mom who are dead.

Most people get tattoos that mean something important to them, so I guess that's how it is with this tattoo for Slash.

His skin is still all red & looks very sore. Just how painful is it to get a tattoo? I mean a small one like a heart - can you have a bad reaction afterwards?

It's not painful at all. It feels like getting a shot at the Doctor's, but dragged across the skin for a few minutes. I had two words done, about 3 inches high and maybe 1.5 inches across, 5 letters each. It's annoying at first but the skin kind of numbs, and it took less than 10 minutes to have done.

• Like 1

So what are these coordinates for? :shrugs:

The planet Nebu Zeyru, which is where Yoda originated and is the place where the Doctor shall meet his doom.

I'm in a very bad mood right now, so please don't try me...

Here you are. Just sing along.

Still had to choose a politically correct version... :(