Slash gets a neck tattoo for new years...

KeyserSoze

I'm not saying it scars them for life, but it baffles me that people don't see how this isn't the best move or example for his kids. How hard is this? They have a mom. They're mom has been married to their dad. All of a sudden dad goes on social media with a matching tattoo with another woman. Nah, marital strife between parents has literally never negatively impacted kids. :lol:

Agreed. Then again, didn't Slash's brother say the kids would be alright and filthy rich for the rest of their lives, or something like that? :shrugs: Can't say I share his values, but I'm no rockstar, neither is anyone in my family, so what do I know.

I'm not saying it scars them for life, but it baffles me that people don't see how this isn't the best move or example for his kids. How hard is this? They have a mom. They're mom has been married to their dad. All of a sudden dad goes on social media with a matching tattoo with another woman. Nah, marital strife between parents has literally never negatively impacted kids. :lol:

Agreed. Then again, didn't Slash's brother say the kids would be alright and filthy rich for the rest of their lives, or something like that? :shrugs: Can't say I share his values, but I'm no rockstar, neither is anyone in my family, so what do I know.

I saw that comment from the uncle. Turned my stomach a bit, to be honest.

Haha. It made me realize once again I probably wouldn't like rockstars and their entourage at all.

Fuck, I think Slash's brother was just trying to put things in perspective.

Your parents divorcing doesn't have to equate to the end of the world or massive psychological damage.

Why do we always have to pretend someone said something like "end of the world" or "massive psychological damage"? No one said that. It was a classless move by Slash. He shouldn't be arrested. He should be whipped in the streets. He shouldn't be blacklisted by the music industry. Classless move. That simple.

Edited by magisme
  • Like 1

On the subject of Slash not commenting on the situation ... (Further up thread.)

Mmm. Well, he might not have said anything per se but it beggars belief he he will not have known that Meegan Hodges was putting that pic of them both out in the world - along with the comments "I love this man." "My life", etc. And I'm pretty sure that tattoo artist will have asked Slash if he could post pic on net. And, we can assume, I think, that Slash hasn't exactly been spitting tacks about it!

My point: there are more ways to get a message across than by speaking yourself... you can get others to do it for you.

I'm with Magisme. I think it was a classless move. Love, love, love Slash as a musician but that doesn't mean I have to love everything he does outside of playing guitar!

(Apols if I make a few mistakes posting. Am new here. Learning...)

Edited by BetterDay7

Seems kind of stupid for everyone to be bringing his kids into this, as though they're going to be adversely impacted by some tattoo he got.

I'm not saying it scars them for life, but it baffles me that people don't see how this isn't the best move or example for his kids. How hard is this? They have a mom. Their mom has been married to their dad. All of a sudden dad goes on social media with a matching tattoo with another woman. Nah, marital strife between parents has literally never negatively impacted kids. :lol:

Exactly. That's the point I was trying to make also.

So it wasn't just me? I thought I was getting moralistic in my old age - yeah, money doesn't make everything okay when your family breaks off. I think Perla is one tacky bitch, but she seems to be a loving mom and I bet her boys adore her. I hope she's not the kind of wronged wife who tries to turn her kids against their dad.

Yeah, I know. We don't know these people and they don't know us. But I read celebrity gossip and I won't pretend I don't.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that Slash is less bloated and appears to be in a good mood! Who are we to judge a guy that is happy

I mean he doesn't technically have to deal with kids anymore, he can buy a new house since Perla gets the old one, he won't have as much money to spend so it makes his decisions a lot easier, he's got this unique singer named Myles, he's got his old girlfriend back, he cannot drink or do drugs to suppress the happiness, his shows are hits, everyone wants his autograph, and best of all if he gets Alzheimer's then he has this awesome tattoo to remind him of all the places that made him who he is. (Via coordinates)

You guys stop hating on Slash's party! These will be the best years of his life.

• Like 1

There's a cool interview that Axl does where Slash calls in saying he's Saul from Fresno or something haha after Axl figures out it's Slash he ask him what he's up to and Slash says he just got done recording his parts for Estranged and I'm pretty sure he says he's in Chicago. Anyways I always thought that was a cool conversation and you guys mentioning that they recorded the illusions album there reminded me of that.

Never mind- it's at 31:30 but it's just slash at rehearsals, not recording. Idk why I thought he was going to record it. But either way. Very cool interview that has nothing to do with this thread.

thanks for posting this interview, never heard it before

I so don't understand why some if you care do much about this.

Cause some people aren't just into rock, they're into rock mythology and the stories behind it and in that book Slash is a prominent character who some have around 30 years of emotional investment in. Plus some people (i.e. not necessarily me, but not necessarily not me) think what he's doing is being a shitty parent, and people will always care about that kind of thing.

• Like 2

There's a cool interview that Axl does where Slash calls in saying he's Saul from Fresno or something haha after Axl figures out it's Slash he ask him what he's up to and Slash says he just got done recording his parts for Estranged and I'm pretty sure he says he's in Chicago. Anyways I always thought that was a cool conversation and you guys mentioning that they recorded the illusions album there reminded me of that.

Never mind- it's at 31:30 but it's just slash at rehearsals, not recording. Idk why I thought he was going to record it. But either way. Very cool interview that has nothing to do with this thread.

That made me kinda sad

That made me kinda sad

To compound the sadness: Axl and Slash's last joint interview, January 3rd 1994. This is early 1994 and they're chatting it up and getting along and talking about the future