Richard Fortus One On One With Mitch Lafon [Several GNR mentions]

On touring and new material:

"I don't think there's going to be any touring soon - we have been working on material- there's certainly starts and stops but we're still plugging away on it."

On Axl:

"I've never met someone who has so much genuine musical integrity. He won't himself out for business, he won't for money, it's just about the music. He won't defend himself in the press because he doesn't think it matters - it's just about the music. That's all he cares about. You know, I've worked with a lot of people in this business and I've never seen or met anybody who was motivated purely by that - by the desire to make art. And you can say whatever you want about him, because he's not going to defend himself, but he is that- and that's for sure."

On a reunion:

"Otherwise, there would've been a reunion, because the offers for money have been outrageous - he would never do a reunion unless it was for something besides money. There's been talks in passing man [about a reunion]."

On criticism of Axl:

"It depends on what they're criticizing. It frustrates fans with the lack of information given, it frustrates them with the lack of product, the fact that they wanna buy albums and support the band but they can't. You know we do tour, we have toured a lot...I don't if it it's justified or not."

• Like 3

Richard Fortus says no new album, no tour and no GNR reunion

That's the most plausible, believable and honest thing anybody within the GnR camp has said since "Soon is not the word" (2002). Edited by username
  • Like 1

On lateness:

"When I first joined the band I thought it was by design....It just takes Axl a long time to get in the right place, within himself."

On re-recorded AFD:

"This was before I was in the band...It was [done] to sort of get a read of where they were reading wise, sonically. I don't think it was with the intent of relicense and not have to pay the old band, or be able to control the masters."

Is there a Guns N' Roses

"Yeah, we're still here dude."

recording wise*

The question of the re-recorded AFD is interesting, Axl may indeed own the name ie a trademark, but he doesn't own the masters AFAIK. I wouldn't be surprised if back in 1999 he actually wanted to do the same thing as KISS did with the release of Sonic Boom or Def Leppard a couple years ago, which is to re-record songs to gain full ownership of the masters for licensing purposes. Interesting that Richard thinks otherwise.

What a joke. Obviously not going to bother reading another interview with one of Axl's servants.

Fortus isn't one of Axl's servants ... he is a GN'R employee ...

You're using a derogatory term, which has no other aim than to decrease the integrity of those concerned individuals ... and, that's not a nice thing to do ... :shrugs:

• Like 1

And in recent news,

- BF likens being in GN'R to a 'reign of doom' and we still do not know if he is in the band.

- Fortus says no tour and no album in the foreseeable future.

- Axl and his Team Brazil yes men meanwhile, are nowhere to be seen.

oh yes,

- Ashba has a massive internet tantrum.

Could Guns actually be over? It is very negative, the picture portrayed here.