Doug Goldstein Interview with Mitch Lafon

I came away from this liking Goldstein. Sure you can tell he's a kind of "tell em what they wanna hear" bullshit artist, but you also get the sense that he uses that to get things done.

Edited by Mr. Dude
  • Like 1

Yes that is true, I'm happy CD is the way it is. Rons parts too add that prog metal element that brought those 90s elements into 2008.

So maybe Ezrin was right. But I have a feeling that there was a record and it might have smoothed Axls career out. This way is the record is great but people can't listen to it without thinking fuck you 17 years etc.

And label cutting Axl off in 2004, well they probably could have got it out if they had Ezrin killed in 2000.

It's funny to think none of this shit is a factor for CD ll and it's release and probably haven't been for years. I'm just really curious to know exactly what is preventing Axl from releasing a finished album, the second half of his magnum opus.

Even if 2016 is the year, I'd imagine giving an album title and some more info about the album will really be harmless. Like I know it's coming, but we don't really know much about a finished product.

I'm ready for Axl's The Godfather ll now. My best guess is somewhere in 2016.

I guess the blu ray will mean 2018. I think lack of label interest is now a real reason. It's not going to sell 30 million copies. It might do as well as CD but there's a queue for these types of numbers. Axl isn't calling the shots. We've heard no interest from the label. Whoever it is? Jimmy Iovine? I'd like to hear what Ezrin feels about the CD that was released, is it Better or worser?

I came away from this liking Goldstein. Sure you can tell he's a kind of "tell em what they wanna hear" bullshit artist, but you also get the sense that he uses that to get things done.

Yes I think this stuff is to please Axl, not a real play for a reunion. He says he heard Fernando got let go? Or everyone? Anyway he's up for retrieving Axl golf clubs from the hotel pool if that's what is needed.

He has to deal with everyone in the crew so he needs to be out going and direct. He's the only one in the set up to really show empathy and understanding for Axl. Even if it is a nobody knows why understanding. People say that is enabling but Axl is always like this from school when he fighting with teachers. So either handle it or quit.

He was dealing with a bunch of junkies and crazy ass singer. It was a huge tour. Do I think yeah he's a capable guy. I mean Niven was doing drugs with the band? I think Niven for a reunion record with Clink producing. Dougie to handle the touring and riots.

Do a cover of Lizzy's The Boys are back in Town as first single. Axl gets back with Erin and Slash and Hodges have a joint wedding for the video. Izzy drives the private jet to the show. It crashes in the the stadium they file out and start playing.

Dougie could start the Great GNR Theatre of Circus Tour. Every date is a festival line up sponsored by Facebook. Only playing major cities on earth.

• Like 1

Based on listening to both manager's interviews, Doug is immensely more likable than Alan Niven.

Alan may have a bit more creativity and strategy in the field of rock but he's a completely outspoken whiner.

Doug has a very gregarious, larger-than-life personality and seems like the type of guy you'd want taking care of business.

Alan comes across as more of a rock critic than anything else.

Edited by appetite4illusions

Based on listening to both manager's interviews, Doug is immensely more likable than Alan Niven.

Alan may have a bit more creativity and strategy in the field of rock but he's a completely outspoken whiner.

Doug has a very gregarious, larger-than-life personality and seems like the type of guy you'd want taking care of business.

Alan comes across as more of a rock critic than anything else.

I totally disagree. I found Doug a loud mouth hyper active dickhead. Alan comes across droll.

Axl should have listened. 2 1/2 great songs was a generous evaluation.

Was it though? 2 1/2 great songs? I count more: There Was A Time, Street Of Dreams, Better, Catcher, Prostitute at the very least. That's 5. Half an album.

So half an album is great. But all of it is great with maybe a few some will find too futuristic to comprehend.

Edited by Rovim

The bulk of the album is great.

Chi Dem

Better

SOD

TWAT

Catcher

IRS

Madagascar

This I Love

Prostitute

Shacklers and If the World are the two modern rock singles.

Scraped and Sorry are the next evolution sound wise. Maybe too far.

But it's possible in 2000 tracks like Better, Catcher, SOD even Chi dem were a bit messy. Chi dem seemed grungier live. I fel like they were fine though, Beavan was fine with them. He's pro producer?

If I listened to AFD id prob think they have 1 single here, SCOM. Jungle is too heavy. Paradise could catch on, seems a bit cumbersome for radio. Think about you is catchy.

Don't Cry is the Illusion hit. Nov Rain has potential.

Then This I Love probably should had a video with Axl at a piano in a darkened hall or something. It's that or If the World for mainstream hit.

Edited by wasted

He was dealing with a bunch of junkies and crazy ass singer. It was a huge tour. Do I think yeah he's a capable guy. I mean Niven was doing drugs with the band? I think Niven for a reunion record with Clink producing. Dougie to handle the touring and riots.

Do a cover of Lizzy's The Boys are back in Town as first single. Axl gets back with Erin and Slash and Hodges have a joint wedding for the video. Izzy drives the private jet to the show. It crashes in the the stadium they file out and start playing.

Dougie could start the Great GNR Theatre of Circus Tour. Every date is a festival line up sponsored by Facebook. Only playing major cities on earth.

Niven, Clink, Goldstein, and Suzzy London as consigliere.

Was it though? 2 1/2 great songs? I count more: There Was A Time, Street Of Dreams, Better, Catcher, Prostitute at the very least. That's 5. Half an album.

So half an album is great. But all of it is great with maybe a few some will find too futuristic to comprehend.

No.

No.

No means yes. At least that's what my girlfriend says.

• Like 1

That's what my AA sponsor says. Why do you say no when you mean yes?

First half is old school Axl GNR

Chi dem

SOD

Twat

Catcher

IRS

Madagascar

This I Love

Second half is 21st century tune up GNR

Better

Shacklers

If the World