Why didn't these songs end up on the CD album?

"However, in a 2001 interview with an Argentine radio station, Rose stated the album was not industrial, and would vary in styles, stating "It is not industrial, the closest thing to that was perhaps "Oh My God", but there are some songs that won't be on the album that were this way. There will be all kinds of styles, many influences as blues, mixed in the songs." (From Wikipedia)

Why didn't these industrial songs end up on CD?

Because of the delay and the style of rock had already changed and industrial rock out of fashion? Saved for the next album? Simply not good enough?

If it was in Axl's hands then we would have never seen CD being released, Im not let it eat my brain up that when he has so many songs recorded then why the hell he is not even releasing them

I actually like Scraped.

Rhiad has some good riffs... could have had a bit more swagger to the rhythm, but the structure, production and guitar solo are poor.

Silkworms... I've always been of the opinion that it sounded so messed up at RiR they must have messed it up which is why we've never heard it since live (bit like omg).

Rhiad lyrics are so god damn terrible they make me cringe every time I hear it.

As for songs that didn't make it I'd say they weren't finished. CD seems to have been slapped together with songs that were finished or close enough to by the record company.

Probably because OMG and Silkworms are bigger turds than My Workd, not to mention they wouldn't have fitted any of the songs on CD.

Silkworms is absolute shit by Oh My God is a million times better than My World. At least Oh My God has potential to be good and sounds cool in parts. My World is a fucking joke.

Edited by Bono

Totally agree that OMG is severely let down by that cheese in a can guitar solo.

How dare you say that about an established musician like Gary Sunshine! *sarcasm*.

I like riad, I like scraped except for the intro, OMG is one of my favorite songs, and Silkworms. .. well.... it has potential.

OMG wouldn't have fit on CD.... and it wouldn't make sense to release a song you relereleased 9 years earlier. Supposedly Silkworms was reworked and is intended for release on CD3.

The clip of Silkworms from the leaks sounds raw and modern. I would have loved it if Axl really turned into that kind of music. Now it's hard with only Pitman on the band, but having Finck, Buckethead and Pitman, I'm sure they could have done some other great songs back in the day. I hope so

Like we've seen some fans aren't ready or just don't like that sort of thing or Guns doing that sort of thing. It's not a given, it's a risk, it's reasonable.

Scraped has a sort of Fat of the Land era Prodigy feel to it. But it has an legit OTGM vibe too.