No New Album in 2015 (sorry guys)

Dean Delray and Tracii Guns think the GNR reunion would make billions of dollars. They suggest a GNR festival around the globe.

Flushing billions of dollars down the toilet to release CD II seems like Axl's style.

Have a bit of faith guys.

You seriously need psychological help.

Have a bit of faith guys.

You seriously need psychological help.

At this point, I'm concinced that anyone who supports Axl's current course of (in)action is trolling.

Lord..we gotta keep the faith!

Dean Delray and Tracii Guns think the GNR reunion would make billions of dollars. They suggest a GNR festival around the globe.

Flushing billions of dollars down the toilet to release CD II seems like Axl's style.

Doing nothing at all is more Axl's style these days.

How do you know? The guy could be busy all the time. The more & more I read comments on topics on here, its the same "Wayyy I didn't get what I want" moans echoing around.

How do you know? The guy could be busy all the time. The more & more I read comments on topics on here, its the same "Wayyy I didn't get what I want" moans echoing around.

If that were true, don't you think we'd have seen some fruits of his labour at some stage?

If that were true, don't you think we'd have seen some fruits of his labour at some stage?

Not sure.

No doubt. How DARE fans of an artist complain about their favorite band releasing one album in the last 20-plus years.

What horrible fans.

Personally, I think Axl and Team Brazil are doing a fine job running GnR.

The timely sharing of music with their fans.

The way they keep the fans updated with important band information is stellar and second to none. We know who is actually in the band, we know the band's touring plans, and we know about plans for a new album in the future. rock3rock3 rock3

• Like 2

No doubt. How DARE fans of an artist complain about their favorite band releasing one album in the last 20-plus years.

What horrible fans.

The way they keep the fans updated with important band information is stellar and second to none. We know who is actually in the band, we know the band's touring plans, and we know about plans for a new album in the future. rock3rock3 rock3

"Person living with no forgiveness in heart, living worse punishment than death"
mr-miyagi-smiling.jpg
Edited by wkuk04

Sometimes people who struggle with depression and/or anxiety or have Bipolar or Borderline Personality Disorder are told to "toughen up", "get over it", etc. which is just about the last helpful thing that you can do. It may come from a genuine place but it's so extremely misguided.

I think Axl has some combination of these, so I think it's much easier to say "just put out an album" than done. He freaked out on Baz for the same sort of shit and good reason.

Until you live a week in his brain, you don't know what it's like being Axl. Add to that a responsibility/desire to live up to the legacy of the old band and not hamstring or damage his revenue stream by diluting the brand name, or that the guys who recorded Chinese #2 (Bucket/Robin/Josh) are gone, he's in a tough situation.

I'm not an Axl apologist. I think there is legitimate criticism now and has been for a decade but I do sympathize.

Didn't Axl specifically say he didn't suffer from Bipolar Disorder? "“I’ve not been diagnosed as being bipolar though many misconstrue statements I made earlier as alluding to such and unfortunately there’s been an abundance of misguided or unqualified speculation of various events, but I definitely can relate to needing my own space,” spike.com quotes Axl as saying in response to fan questions on Guns N’Roses websites.

Did he really freak out on Baz? Wasn't it just a two sentence response at a party?

This is the confusing part. Does Axl care - or not care - about what other people think of him? You say he wants to live up to the legacy of the old band...but then others say Axl is the last true "rock star" because he doesn't care what other people think, and he only does what HE wants to do. This is a guy who replaced the most iconic GnR players and showed up in dreadlocks, wearing hockey jerzeys, with one guitar player in a rain jacket with a mask on and a - not kidding - with a KFC chicken bucket on his head, and the other guiter player dressed in full emo rage.

Finally.......I can see where you are coming from. But at the end of the day, this is just ROCK n ROLL we are talking about. When Axl releases a Shacklers Revenge or a Scraped or a My World that he is thinking about his band's "legacy?" If his "band" is the only legacy and important thing in Axl's life, that is a pretty sad existence. Like I said, this is just rock and roll music we are talking about, not life or death. Axl is a singer in a rock band. Putting our rock music isn't going to suddenly win him Pulitzer Prizes, nor it is going to cost him in life and all his money.

And I 100% disagree with you about releasing it - IE: sharing his "art" with his fans. There are 2-to-5 million people who will buy every album that Axl Rose releases. Because to the rest of the world, no matter how much we love Axl and his music.......it is, in fact, just music. It really is that simple. When you are sitting in your 20 million dollar mansion, and you are worth 150 million dollars, and when you have reached iconic stature - now it's just a matter of an artist sharing his music with his fans.

Do you think when Neil Young puts out an album today he is thinking "OMG, I need to make sure this album doesn't tarnish my legacy." Or is he just sharing music with his fans? Music that he wrote over the past year, he picked the 14 best songs, and put it out for his fans to enjoy.

What horrible fans.

"Person living with no forgiveness in heart, living worse punishment than death"
mr-miyagi-smiling.jpg

That is a really great post.

Somebody once said that Axl kept a notebook full of people/magazines that he felt had wronged him.

Can you imagine carrying around that burden of negativity?

What horrible fans.

mr-miyagi-smiling.jpg

Tell that to bitter crybaby Axl Rose.

What horrible fans.

mr-miyagi-smiling.jpg

Its directed at you.

What horrible fans.

mr-miyagi-smiling.jpg

Its directed at you.

It should be directed to the one who is bitter. In this case, Axl Rose. :)

What horrible fans.

mr-miyagi-smiling.jpg

Its directed at you.

It should be directed to the one who is bitter. In this case, Axl Rose. :)

mr-miyagi-smiling.jpg

"Ambition without knowledge is like a boat on dry land"

tbh that's the worst gimmick there's ever been on here

Everybody seems really bummed round here, just trying to find some humour since there's no news or anything right now. All people seem to be doing is digging foxholes into reasons behind GnR and the current lineup is it active or not, no new album, Ashba, Team Brazil, that's Axl doing right now, Beta's corns on her feet, the works!