No New Album in 2015 (sorry guys)

who the fuck actually thought there was going to be another album?

Rovim and wkuk04.

Don't know about wkuk04, but I've never thought it will come out in 2015. 2 to 3 years is my best guess. If not, then I think we'll see it somewhere between 2016 and 2020.

Edited by Rovim

Somewhere between now and 2020, I believe Axl will release CD ll. Maybe an album title this year or 2016.

I almost just pissed myself. 'Might come up with a title in the next 18 months'! Sounds like something TB would come up with to sell tickets.

God, if expectations were any lower for Axl you'd be speculating on him breaking into our houses to steal the music we already own.

Rovim and wkuk04.

Don't know about wkuk04, but I've never thought it will come out in 2015. 2 to 3 years is my best guess. If not, then I think we'll see it somewhere between 2016 and 2020.

My guess is Axl will never release music again.

Somewhere between now and 2020, I believe Axl will release CD ll. Maybe an album title this year or 2016.

I almost just pissed myself. 'Might come up with a title in the next 18 months'! Sounds like something TB would come up with to sell tickets.

God, if expectations were any lower for Axl you'd be speculating on him breaking into our houses to steal the music we already own.

It's pretty basic really: I expect Axl to be Axl and eventually release it, but I don't know the reasons he's late to release albums. All I know is that doesn't mean it won't happen, just that it will take a long time until Axl is confident enough that shit ain't gonna back fire on him just because he chose not to keep us in the dark, give a release date and then delay it some more.

I'm guessing he'll wait for the last possible moment when everything is in place and not much can derail a release, and then he'll give a release date and it will come out.

Before that I think he'll probably share some more about the album in an interview with del.

I don't agree with the way Axl operates, but I try to predict how it will go down based on how he did things in the past, what he says publicly, and the general direction I think he's going for which is having a few good years to release more music and tour behind it.

Rovim and wkuk04.

My guess is Axl will never release music again.

Then I guess you're not reading the situation very well.

Edited by Rovim

2 to 3 years is my best guess. If not, then I think we'll see it somewhere between 2016 and 2020.

2015 + 2-3 years = ? :lol:

My optimistic guess is 2016, 2017 if you want to be specific.

At worst it could be 2018, 2019, or 2020.

• Like 1

They won't be back from solo land until late 2017. So maybe a tour. The label will want to put out a GNR around 2020.

Of course a reunion tour Best of cd would be what they really want.

But maybe CD II in 2020. Rock in Rio 2021.

I don't think he's ruined the brand one bit. He worked hard to keep the brand alive. Even Duff said that man...

You think that if someone randomly bought A4D they wouldn't come away with a degraded opinion of GNR?

No. I see no reason why they should or would. If they did some fact checking, they'd quickly realize that shit happened and people quit the band and Axl kept it going. Why should Axl throw it all away because others quit?

What people find is that Slash and Duff have always said Axl forced them out and scammed the name from them and didn't want him to use the name without them.

But to me they never had to quit. But Axl could have tried to see it from their point of view too.

But when it's your life, career, financial livelihood at stake you have to what you think is right.

It's not like what Axl did was the easy road.

I don't think he's ruined the brand one bit. He worked hard to keep the brand alive. Even Duff said that man...

You think that if someone randomly bought A4D they wouldn't come away with a degraded opinion of GNR?

No. I see no reason why they should or would. If they did some fact checking, they'd quickly realize that shit happened and people quit the band and Axl kept it going. Why should Axl throw it all away because others quit?

You missed my point. It's the low quality performance contained on the disc that I was referring to, not the performers themselves.

A better question would be, why did Axl throw it all away?

I guess it's a timing thing. It made sense business wise and reviews on Amazon are quite positive. Forgiving of the Kenny Powers and Johnny Depp of rock.

Did the rumours not state that Axl fired Fernando for putting this out?

Maybe Axl thinks its shit too.

I guess it's a timing thing. It made sense business wise and reviews on Amazon are quite positive. Forgiving of the Kenny Powers and Johnny Depp of rock.

I reckon he just lets them go when there's no tour. I wouldn't read too much into it.

That would be very Dougie-esque.

I've watched it 3 or 4 times there's no real terrible points. I normally shudder on Better. It's a little sterile because its Vegas but overall entertainment value is good. Fortus is good for Heavens Door.

Maybe Axl didn't want to put it out though. It would just be out as a bootleg anyway like O2.

I reckon he just lets them go when there's no tour. I wouldn't read too much into it.

That would be very Dougie-esque.

I've watched it 3 or 4 times there's no real terrible points. I normally shudder on Better. It's a little sterile because its Vegas but overall entertainment value is good. Fortus is good for Heavens Door.

Maybe Axl didn't want to put it out though. It would just be out as a bootleg anyway like O2.

There's a few shudder moments, fluffed chords in Jungle, a couple of guitar solos that were... not so good.

I will give them credit for resisting going into the studio and sucking the life out of the performance by fixing everything. A live album should be warts and all, the record should be the definite, pristine version.

That's the only time I give them credit for not going into the studio though.

Who exactly was the reliable source that said no new album in 2015? if everyone on here is going to pissed off, we should probably try and find out if the source is actually reliable. Not saying to share it with everyone, but maybe a Admin could be told and then they could relay that it seems legit or if it seems a little shaky.

I know the chances of anything new from this band are always low, but it would be great to be surprised every once in a while! what I'm looking for is that moment in movies where the lead characters in hospital, dead, and then the heart monitor starts to blip again... I think if they announced that they were working in the studio but that they had no definitive release schedule this board would get a whole lot more positive.

I think GnR has three possibilities now:

- One last tour/Residency (ugh) and it's done.

- New album and a proper world tour and it's done.

- Celebration Day sort of reunion, a one off with Axl, Slash, Steven, Duff and Izzy that would be released in all formats and it's done.

No new album means no Ashba on a GNR studio album. Best GNR news in years.

As much as I want new music, having to listen to Ashba-GnR would be all types of wrong. I'd rather they stay inactive. Although, I'm confident that Axl could mould Dj's shitty ideas into a somewhat listenable song... but do I really want to hear that? somewhat listenable? no... no I don't. As Ashba will never quit, the only way he's leaving is if he sleeps with Beta or something... knowing our luck that still wouldn't do it and the two would get married, Dj then becoming some sort of weird adopted father figure to Axl (I think this comment falls under fan fantasy...)

• Like 2

What people find is that Slash and Duff have always said Axl forced them out and scammed the name from them and didn't want him to use the name without them.

But to me they never had to quit. But Axl could have tried to see it from their point of view too.

But when it's your life, career, financial livelihood at stake you have to what you think is right.

It's not like what Axl did was the easy road.

That last line is one of the biggest crocks of shit I see people trying to spew. It was clearly the easy road to take at the time. It's just that that easy road came back to bite him in the ass as time went on. Some might call that karma. I just call it hilarious :lol: