Top 10 Replacement Guitarists according to VH1

KeyserSoze

#7 Gilby Clarke

http://www.vh1.com/news/23139/greatest-replacement-guitarists-in-rock/

Band: Guns N’ Roses Replaced: Izzy Stradlin Tenure: 1991-1994

Back in late-1970s Indiana, high school longhairs Jeffrey Dean Isbell and William Bruce Bailey formed a garage band that went by multiple monikers. A few years later, they hightailed it to Los Angeles, changed their names to Izzy Stradlin and Axl Rose and, after hooking up with cabal of like minded punk-loving fans of metal, glitter, and arena-rock, settled on calling their group Guns N’ Roses.

As a rhythm guitarist, Izzy Stradlin brought gutter-glam soul and sartorial splendor to GNR, a genuine classic rocker amidst the high-’80s heavy metal madness of his bandmates. His contributions to the group’s classic albums are unmistakable and enmeshed DNA-deep in GNR’s greatness, up to and including 1991’s Use Your Illusion I and II.

Alas, at the very peak of Guns’ utter dominance of rock, Izzy called it quits. He was the first member of the band to get sober and, as such, the first to find it no longer bearable to endure Axl’s antics such as delaying shows for hours at a time and/or cursing the audience and then storming off stage after a song or two.

Knowing that there really is only one Izzy, GNR opted to hire Gilby Clarke on rhythm guitar. Clarke loomed as a local hero among the Sunset Strip hair metal scene from which Guns initially emerged, and he brought dynamic, up-to-the-minute energy to the group throughout their epic Use Your Illusion tours. Clarke’s influence is also quite palpable on the final release by GNR Mach I, the 1993 covers collection, The Spaghetti Incident?

This is how I rate GN'R's replacement guitarists

#8 Tobias

#7 Dj Ashba

#6 Gilby Clarke

#5 Robin Finck

#4 Bumblefoot

#3 Richard Fortus

#2 Buckethead

#1 Slash

Am I missing someone?

There's, at least, 5 better replacements than Gilby ...

#8 Tobias

#7 Dj Ashba

#6 Gilby Clarke

#5 Robin Finck

#4 Bumblefoot

#3 Richard Fortus

#2 Buckethead

#1 Slash

Am I missing someone?

Slash isnt a replacement...

#8 Tobias

#7 Dj Ashba

#6 Gilby Clarke

#5 Robin Finck

#4 Bumblefoot

#3 Richard Fortus

#2 Buckethead

#1 Slash

Am I missing someone?

Yes he is ... and he is the best one, IMO.

#8 Tobias

#7 Dj Ashba

#6 Gilby Clarke

#5 Robin Finck

#4 Bumblefoot

#3 Richard Fortus

#2 Buckethead

#1 Slash

Am I missing someone?

Yes he is ... and he is the best one, IMO.

What did Tracii even contribute to GNR except for the "Guns" name? back in those days LA had many bands, all of them were in different bands, if one member left they changed the name of the band, Traci was not there when GNR signed, Wes Arkeen has contributed more in GNR than Tracii, just cause its on wikipedia it doesn't means you can call Slash a replacement.