Creed (2015) - Rocky spin-off

This is a good trailer:

It also gives away a bit too much.

The original actually comes across as a serious drama film, where the real hope comes later on. It's fairly bleak early on, it is a proper underdog story. That trailer doesn't scream underdog to me.

This might be nit-picking BUT the one problem I have with the trailer is the "a great fighter once said..." thing at the end. Rocky said that to his kid outside of a resturant when no one else was around. So unless Rocky's kid ran and told everyone or at least Apollo's kid, he wouldn't know Rocky said that.

Creed saw the movie that's how he knows what Rocky said.
  • Like 2

Why the rap music? because he's black? god

probably

and this film got nothing to do with Rocky, and Stallone's "comeback" is laughable at best

I don't think Stallone is trying to have a second comeback with this film. He just happens to play the same character in a new story that takes place in the same universe.

Why the rap music? because he's black? god

probably

and this film got nothing to do with Rocky, and Stallone's "comeback" is laughable at best

I don't think Stallone is trying to have a second comeback with this film. He just happens to play the same character in a new story that takes place in the same universe.

Besides, he is already working on his comeback for Rambo 5.

• Like 2

What's there to "comeback" from though? His career isn't in the slumps. Rocky Balboa was his comeback. He's remained in the limelight with some decently successful action since then. At this point he's not trying to reinvent the wheel so much as to just make entertaining films that recall his heyday, and he's doing a pretty good job.

But my point is I don't think he's trying to make any critical masterpieces nor is he attempting to stage another comeback film. If he was he'd be directing yet another Rocky film of his own and not having a supporting role in a spinoff. I can't even count the next Rambo as a comeback because he's been saying there would be a fifth and final one since the fourth came out.

His films are a big hit in China.

I thought Rambo IV was the best Rambo since First Blood.

China has been a great market for films in the last few years. The industry has really opened up there and the box office reflects that.

Also I agree big time. I don't really care for the second and third films but First Blood is a classic and Rambo was a great modern action fest.

• Like 1

I like Rambo IV but First Blood Part II is a masterpiece, if for nothing but this scene alone:

Man, I gotta get these on blu ray.

I bet you love those muscles tightening up, eh Amir?

I like Rambo IV but First Blood Part II is a masterpiece, if for nothing but this scene alone:

Man, I gotta get these on blu ray.

I bet you love those muscles tightening up, eh Amir?

<sploosh>

dem forearms

• 2 months later...