Creed (2015) - Rocky spin-off

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They need to get my mate Clubber Lang back!

BALBOA YOU PUNK! YOU FOOL! YOU WASHED UP, YOU THROUGH, I'M THE BADDEST IN THE WORLD!

GET OUT MY FACE...DON'T NEED NOTHIN YOU AIN'T GOT NO MORE, DONT NEED NO HAS-BEEN MESSIN' UP MY CORNER! AND YOU BETTER GET THAT BAD LOOK OFF YOUR FACE BEFORE I KNOCK IT OFF. C'MON, YOU WANNA JUMP THEN JUMP, C'MON, C'MON CREED, C'MON!!

HEY WOMAN...HEY WOMAN!

:lol:

If you rank your favourite as 7.5 then I can only imagine what you think of IV and V. :lol:

Oh right I forgot the way I rate movies needs to be exactly the way you do. 7.5 is a damn good score for a movie. But I guess if you like throwing 8s and 9s out for everything you see then by all means. Doesn't leave ya much room for ranking other movies better though does it.

If you rank your favourite as 7.5 then I can only imagine what you think of IV and V. :lol:

Oh right I forgot the way I rate movies needs to be exactly the way you do. 7.5 is a damn good score for a movie. But I guess if you like throwing 8s and 9s out for everything you see then by all means. Doesn't leave ya much room for ranking other movies better though does it.

Sorry to intrude but this discussion reminds me of,

I don't think he was insulting you, more pointing out that Rocky 4 and 5 are particularly dreadful.

I don't think he was insulting you, more pointing out that Rocky 4 and 5 are particularly dreadful.

Precisely this. It was a joke.

• 3 weeks later...

I never ended up getting around to seeing it. :(

There's three movie theatres close to me and not one is still playing it. I figured I'd catch it over the holidays. Instead, Star Wars is taking up just about every screen and each theater has only about four other films outside of it to choose from.

Rocky 4 is my favourite of them all. :D
  • Like 1

I saw it on the big screen. I think it's one of my very top films fo 2015, which is saying a lot because this has been a great year for cinema. It's just well-made, well-acted, and surprisingly artful for being a "franchise" film. Coogler knocked it out of the park.

I dare to say that Rocky Balboa was a better send-off for Rocky himself, and in fitting with the grounded realism of Creed he seems a little bit wiser and more articulate in this film (Stallone really dialed in the performance and isn't quite as hammy as he bordered on with Rocky Balboa when he's giving his speeches to people), but the ranking for me would probably be:

Rocky

Creed

Rocky Balboa

Rocky II

Rocky III

Rocky IV

Rocky V

Nah its all about 1 man!

'Look, Gazzo said i should break ya thumbs, now i aint emotionally involved'. Philly looks like England in that film, cold and miserable and horrible and everyone lives in a little house.

Although Rocky 4 was my favourite as a kid, which says a fair bit about you McLeod :lol:

2, 3 and 4 dont get enough respect though and its usually to do with 'realism' when they're kinda deliberately comic bookish.

Edited by Len B'stard

Nah its all about 1 man!

'Look, Gazzo said i should break ya thumbs, now i aint emotionally involved'. Philly looks like England in that film, cold and miserable and horrible and everyone lives in a little house.

Although Rocky 4 was my favourite as a kid, which says a fair bit about you McLeod :lol:

2, 3 and 4 dont get enough respect though and its usually to do with 'realism' when they're kinda deliberately comic bookish.

I just love the soundtrack to 4 and the total over the top nature of it all. 80's cheese heaven it is! :D
  • Like 1