Hard rock hotel Vegas 2015? UPDATE: Nothing to see here...

I doubt there's much of a band to play a residency in a matter of months.

Exactly.

I really don't see these guys playing together again. As Axl's attitude to Guns has got more and more passive and lackadaisical, the other members have had more and more time to pursue other projects, some with a fair amount of success. As time wears on the temptation to drop everything and return to Guns will diminish entirely, especially if it's just for another roundbof Elvis' death throes Vegas nostalgia shite.

Axl may be a lazy petulant kid but he's not stupid. I'm sure no matter what kind of Rock God bubble TB try to keep him locked inside of, he's aware of how far his stock has fallen in recent years. He's also demonstrably probably the laziest motherfucker in music, so the amount of work and effort regaining status as anything other than an 80's relic would take is a challenge he's not going to rise to. Not while he can sit at home and count licensing money while eating sausages, watching Netflix and having his balls massaged.

I doubt he'd ever 'announce' his retirement for two reasons - a. He likes to keep his fans in the dark and b. He'd see it as an admission of failure and a victory for his detractors. No, better to just stay silent and hope people will see you as some sort of demented zjD Salinger of rock toiling away in solitude on your next masterpiece. The facts, however, all speak to the fact that the man has given up, finished, finito.

Edited by tomfriend
  • Like 1

There is no truth to the band playing Vegas this fall. The images and quotations are the work of someone at the venue and are not product of any cooperation or coordination with the band and its management.

• Like 3

Band members doing other things (Dead Dasies, SixxAM) didnt give that one a way at all. Not to mention not even DJ can bring himself lie in the press anymore about whats goin on with GNR these days ha.

Edited by ChineseIRS

Don't worry, DJ said they all know eachother's parts so he'll take over the NR solo, Shacklers, Twat etc.

Now that's something I would pay to see.

Seeing as he can't even manage the entire SCOM solo by himself, it would be epic to watch DJ attempt TWAT or Shacklers.

Edited by Towelie

Don't worry, DJ said they all know eachother's parts so he'll take over the NR solo, Shacklers, Twat etc.

Now that's something I would pay to see.

Seeing as he can't even manage the entire SCOM solo by himself, it would be epic to watch DJ attempt TWAT or Shacklers.

He baffles me sometimes. Watching him play his own solos he seems perfectly capable of playing something like sweet child, but nearly every solo he does play with Guns is awful. I can only assume he's drunk most of the time.

There is no truth to the band playing Vegas this fall. The images and quotations are the work of someone at the venue and are not product of any cooperation or coordination with the band and its management.

Is that a word for word Axl quote or are you just tired? :lol:

Any sane person knows this band is definitely not doing anything this year, and almost definitely not next year either. By 2017 it'll be too late to salvage anything. The only thing left to hope for is leaks, but if they were coming I suspect they'd have happened by now. Maybe we'll get some cool archive stuff eventually. Axl has no future as an artist - he's made damn sure of that. Hopefully next time he decides his bank account needs topping up he'll release some old shows and whore out his past. After all, that's all he's been doing for the last 5 years anyway, and I for one would rather see a DVD of a show from back when he was worth seeing than see him drag his arse to Vegas with whatever lineup he can still cobble together.

Is that a word for word Axl quote or are you just tired? :lol:

My words, but someone else's information. Just figured people should know that there's not much to these pictures.

Any sane person knows this band is definitely not doing anything this year, and almost definitely not next year either. By 2017 it'll be too late to salvage anything. The only thing left to hope for is leaks, but if they were coming I suspect they'd have happened by now. Maybe we'll get some cool archive stuff eventually. Axl has no future as an artist - he's made damn sure of that. Hopefully next time he decides his bank account needs topping up he'll release some old shows and whore out his past. After all, that's all he's been doing for the last 5 years anyway, and I for one would rather see a DVD of a show from back when he was worth seeing than see him drag his arse to Vegas with whatever lineup he can still cobble together.

Really? Because I remember back in early 2008 when the safe bet was that the album was never coming out; or the summer of 2009, when few perceived the possibility of a tour on the scale that was launched a few months later. History tells us that things can happen fast. Call me naive, but I'm fairly optimistic that 2016 will be a fun year for fans of the band.

• Like 1

I've written off 2015 for any GNR activity (but would gladly be proven wrong), but I don't think we can write off 2016 just yet. Somehow I doubt Axl's plans hinge on the availability of DJ Ashba or even Ron (as much as I will genuinely miss him if he's gone).

It's not like any of us are seriously expecting a new album to contain much in the way of contributions from any of the 2009-2014-era guitarists.

Edited by Towelie

.......Somehow I doubt Axl's plans hinge on the availability of DJ Ashba or even Ron......

It's not like any of us are seriously expecting a new album to contain much in the way of contributions from any of the 2009-2014-era guitarists.

LOL. Hilarious. Yeah Axl's plans don't hinge on anyone really.....except maybe mommy and TB. They kind of dictate things.

• Like 1

History tells us that things can happen fast. Call me naive, but I'm fairly optimistic that 2016 will be a fun year for fans of the band.

Which "band"? ;)

Well....if BBF is out........and DJ is touring with Sixx AM..........then I suppose the one with Axl and the 9th and 10th guitar players to play in GnR?

BUT what if I'm getting married this fall and the wedding is in Vegas......and I've got a million bucks to blow on the wedding band..............

Lol, yeah this is really comparable to 2008. The time when we'd had a bunch of leaks, a stable band line-up, a tour with Axl looking and sounding badass and determined just a year and a half previously, when he also was playing half of the then forthcoming new album.

That's exactly the same as where we're at now. Vegas nostalgia shows, a fat unmotivated singer in shitty voice who never talks about the band, one lead guitarist gone, the other given the ok to work elsewhere for two years, not one single unreleased song played live in 7 years, no album title, no confirmation that there even is an album and the one remaining guitarist admitting he hasn't spoken to 'them' in ages and doesn't have a clue what's going on.

The ONLY reason ANYTHING happened in 2008 was because there were still a few people around who could force Axl to finally let go of the album, which he then promptly threw a hissy fit over and refused to promote. He has spent the intervening years eliminating those same people who got the album out from his circle and is now surrounded by people who would no more force him to actually put music out than they would stick their firstborn in a microwave. If Axl had his way in 2008, we still would be waiting for CD. Now Axl has it all his way.

2016 will be an amazing year for fans of this band. :) sure.......

Edited by tomfriend

Lol, yeah this is really comparable to 2008. The time when we'd had a bunch of leaks, a stable band line-up, a tour with Axl looking and sounding badass and determined just a year and a half previously, when he also was playing half of the then forthcoming new album.

That's exactly the same as where we're at now. Vegas nostalgia shows, a fat unmotivated singer in shitty voice who never talks about the band, one lead guitarist gone, the other given the ok to work elsewhere for two years, not one single unreleased song played live in 7 years, no album title, no confirmation that there even is an album and the one remaining guitarist admitting he hasn't spoken to 'them' in ages and doesn't have a clue what's going on.

The ONLY reason ANYTHING happened in 2008 was because there were still a few people around who could force Axl to finally let go of the album, which he then promptly threw a hissy fit over and refused to promote. He has spent the intervening years eliminating those same people who got the album out from his circle and is now surrounded by people who would no more force him to actually put music out than they would stick their firstborn in a microwave. If Axl had his way in 2008, we still would be waiting for CD. Now Axl has it all his way.

But the point still stands. Few would have predicted in spring and early summer of 2008 that the album was coming out. So how can we state for a fact that nothing will happen in 2016?

And if you honestly think that someone "forced" Axl to release the album in 2008 you clearly don't know much about the guy. There's a difference between a willingness to release the album and being unhappy with the marketing push that came along with it. You're confusing the two.

I can tell you unequivocally that work still continues on new music. Axl hasn't given up on the music that's already been created but yet to be released. In fact, if I had to wager, I'd bet that the main focus is on new material versus live performances for the next 12 to 18 months. You're right, there's no around Axl who would force him to release a new album. But there never has been that person.

I can tell you unequivocally that work still continues on new music. Axl hasn't given up on the music that's already been created but yet to be released. In fact, if I had to wager, I'd bet that the main focus is on new material versus live performances for the next 12 to 18 months. You're right, there's no around Axl who would force him to release a new album. But there never has been that person.

With two albums in the can - according to Axl - and the band basically taking the last year off and just sporadic touring over the past five years......what in the hell still needs to be worked on in terms of "new material"??? Especially if the band is out doing their own thing. And over the next year to 18 months?

Why not release the 10-15 year old music this Christmas and then take the next 18 months to work on "new material"?

Or has he decided to scrap 10-15 year old songs like The General and Soulmonster and is just working on new ideas and on song ideas that guys like DJ sent him a couple years ago?

With two albums in the can - according to Axl - and the band basically taking the last year off and just sporadic touring over the past five years......what in the hell still needs to be worked on in terms of "new material"??? Especially if the band is out doing their own thing. And over the next year to 18 months?

Why not release the 10-15 year old music this Christmas and then take the next 18 months to work on "new material"?

Or has he decided to scrap 10-15 year old songs like The General and Soulmonster and is just working on new ideas and on song ideas that guys like DJ sent him a couple years ago?

Well, it's not really my job to serve as GNR's public relations manager; a band as big as GNR has its own PR firm that will be responsible for answering specifics when the time is right.

All I can say is that from what I've heard from some extremely reliable sources, Axl is still quite devoted to the music he's created over how many years and hasn't given up on releasing it. Actions, timelines, goals, initiatives that might make a world of sense to fans and others may not ultimately work for Axl and the band.

Personally, I always go back to Axl's interview with Kurt Loder back in 1999 when he said, "I'm not working on all of this to keep it buried." I agree it can be quite difficult to be a fan of the current band since it works on a very different timeline, but ultimately, that's what you and I signed up for if we're all sticking around at this point. Much like waiting for a GNR show to begin, at this point, you should know it ain't going to start when you want it to. For better or worse, it is what it is.

• Like 3

Downzy is right. At the end of the day, the doom-and-gloom brigade can spout off all they like about there never being another album and NuGNR being dead etc, but for all any of us know an announcement could be made tomorrow about a new album. Ludicrous as it may be, the only band member who has any clue as to the future plans of the band is Axl. So it really means jackshit when DJ says he's going out on the road with Sixx:AM for two years or when Richard says he hasn't heard from Axl/management in a long time. They're not the ones calling the shots, they have zero say over anything GNR-related, they are hired to play the parts live and if they're lucky they might get a solo on one or two tracks on the next record. But chances are, they'll probably find out the same time we do about when it's actually going to be released.

And it's no different now than it was in 2001-2008. Why do you think BH and Finck jumped ship? By early 2008 it had been 15 years since the last GNR album and 17 years since an album of new material. I don't think anyone believed the album was going to come out in 2008, least of all Robin Finck who'd buggered off probably out of frustration, much in the same way Ron has.

I think the difference now is that Axl is old and there isn't a guy like Irving Azoff or Merck doing all they can to make something happen with this band. In my opinion, there's a 99% chance that Axl will never release music again. 0,9% chance that there's a reunion and 0,1% that Axl will release new music.

Retirement is very likely if you see how: The album doesn't have a name, band members leaving for long periods or not even returning, current management is not interested in making something happen, they just want to make Axl happy, there's no hype for a new Axl album, the band can't tour anywhere but South America, nobody else really gives a damn about Axl's band. And there's Axl, who's not a perfectionist by any means but is really scared of people's opinion, that's the only thing stopping him from, say, uploading 3 minutes of music on the internet right now.

Second most likely scenario is a reunion. For money, for being able to tour the States and Europe again and being relevant while the buzz lasts.

And the least likely scenario, for reasons I've mentioned above: Releasing new music. Aside from Axl lying about wishing to make 2, 3 albums, or that they are "done", what I get from all of this is there's a bunch of Instrumentals ## waiting for vocals on his studio. He'll keep adding "finishing touches" until the day he dies. He's too scared, old, tired, etc. to release any of his work. Sad human being.