Hard rock hotel Vegas 2015? UPDATE: Nothing to see here...

Downzy, really hope you're right.

There's just one thing that bugs me though.

If the music's done, as Axl himself has suggested, then why not this year? We're only in July, after all.

Why the 12-18 month time frame? Why does it have to be 2016?

I'm not complaining, I just would love to hear some new music \m/

(Not directed at you Downzy, just my thoughts out loud)

• Like 1

Lol, yeah this is really comparable to 2008. The time when we'd had a bunch of leaks, a stable band line-up, a tour with Axl looking and sounding badass and determined just a year and a half previously, when he also was playing half of the then forthcoming new album.

That's exactly the same as where we're at now. Vegas nostalgia shows, a fat unmotivated singer in shitty voice who never talks about the band, one lead guitarist gone, the other given the ok to work elsewhere for two years, not one single unreleased song played live in 7 years, no album title, no confirmation that there even is an album and the one remaining guitarist admitting he hasn't spoken to 'them' in ages and doesn't have a clue what's going on.

The ONLY reason ANYTHING happened in 2008 was because there were still a few people around who could force Axl to finally let go of the album, which he then promptly threw a hissy fit over and refused to promote. He has spent the intervening years eliminating those same people who got the album out from his circle and is now surrounded by people who would no more force him to actually put music out than they would stick their firstborn in a microwave. If Axl had his way in 2008, we still would be waiting for CD. Now Axl has it all his way.

2016 will be an amazing year for fans of this band. :) sure.......

But the point still stands. Few would have predicted in spring and early summer of 2008 that the album was coming out. So how can we state for a fact that nothing will happen in 2016?

And if you honestly think that someone "forced" Axl to release the album in 2008 you clearly don't know much about the guy. There's a difference between a willingness to release the album and being unhappy with the marketing push that came along with it. You're confusing the two.

I can tell you unequivocally that work still continues on new music. Axl hasn't given up on the music that's already been created but yet to be released. In fact, if I had to wager, I'd bet that the main focus is on new material versus live performances for the next 12 to 18 months. You're right, there's no around Axl who would force him to release a new album. But there never has been that person.

So you say "in 2008 no one would have thought...", I point out the numerous significant differences between the situation then and now, you respond "But who's to say, because who would have thought in 2008..." So what, you think none of those points make a release look less likely than it did back then? Having 2 guitarists awol from a 3 guitar band? The lack of any credible evidence of new material? The fact that Fortus has no idea whatsoever that there may be an album release on the horizon that he devoted years to helping create?

Also Axl is such a badass that nobody was able to force him to release anything, huh? He wasn't subject to legally binding contracts then? Say, the kind that forced the release of Greatest Hits against his wishes? Or the kind that were able to release CD with the 'wrong' artwork with zero legal repercussions? I guess he's just too much of a loner and a rebel to be subject to such things. Kinda like Pee Wee Herman....oh wait, his next movie has a title and a release date. ;)

And who gives a fuck if he's 'working' on music. The music that was 'finished' about a decade ago? No one doubts that Axl is capable of farting about and overcooking songs and keeping them to himself. It's just that whole 'releasing it so it actually counts for anything' part that seems to elude him for around 23 years at a time.

And while I respect you sharing what info you can from where you can, time has proved many times that in the world of GNR, there is no such thing as a reliable source. 99.9% of the time even the most diluted of goals, I.e. playing even one new song during a residency after 7 years with no new material, are beyond this band's capabilities.

Edited by tomfriend

I hope that if Axl is working on songs right now in the hope of releasing them in 2016, he's stripping back some of the layers from the tracks he made (he should have realised that people don't like the sound of everything all at once). The CD material sounded better live, because there were restrictions placed because of the numbers in the band (which has 8 members... and they couldn't handle everything on that record). Strip it back, 3 separate gtrs no more, double tracked lead vocal, harmonies, bass, drums, keys, synth... no need to put every idea possible into every song, sometimes it's a better song when you just add a few extras.

My overall hope is that the album isn't as overcooked as CD and that it doesn't sound quite as disjointed. I liked CD a lot and still do, but besides the similarities mix wise and how the songs were ordered there's very little that ties a song like Street of dreams to Shacklers revenge... nothing wrong with jumping around stylistically but you need something concrete underneath it all to balance it out and that was ultimately the key factor in making CD a good record rather than a great record (as well as too much tinkering, layering and some pretty naff songs rhiad etc).

I dont think anyone has the right to tell anyone on here who feels like a moan about this situation that they cant or whatever...

FFS guns fans are soooo bloody patient. I love uncle Axl from when he was actually out there doing it.... more than most people.. but c'mon.... the fans deserve a bit more than they are getting! Axl should think himself lucky that anyone still gives a shit on a daily basis considering that we havent had much to hang on too the past 20 years.

As ive said before... id settle for a few pro shot shows from the UYI era to tired me over.. how sad is that? Just something... but NOOOOOOOOO....TB have Axl's nuts in a vice and we will get it when we get it.

Be patient :facepalm:

Having 2 guitarists awol from a 3 guitar band?

Both Buckethead and Robin had left the band by the time Chinese was released, so in that respect, we're in no different a place now than we were then. Also, we don't know for sure if Ron or DJ are out of the band for good.

The fact that Fortus has no idea whatsoever that there may be an album release on the horizon that he devoted years to helping create?

Do you honestly think Richard Fortus had any idea when Chinese Democracy was going to come out?

Edited by Towelie

Both Buckethead and Robin had left the band by the time Chinese was released, so in that respect, we're in no different a place now than we were then. Also, we don't know for sure if Ron or DJ are out of the band for good.

The fact that Fortus has no idea whatsoever that there may be an album release on the horizon that he devoted years to helping create?

Do you honestly think Richard Fortus had any idea when Chinese Democracy was going to come out?

Bumblefoot had already been in the band for 2 years in 2008 and had toured with them and recorded additional parts for CD. Bringing up Buckethead, who last appeared with the band in 2002 is completely irrelevant.

Did Fortus have any idea when CD was coming out? He knew the album title, knew it was relatively soon, knew he was on it, had played songs live that were on it and wasn't telling journalists that it may or may not be deleted entirely and rerecorded like he is with this 'album'. Keep reaching.

Bumblefoot had already been in the band for 2 years in 2008 and had toured with them and recorded additional parts for CD. Bringing up Buckethead, who last appeared with the band in 2002 is completely irrelevant.

Did Fortus have any idea when CD was coming out? He knew the album title, knew it was relatively soon, knew he was on it, had played songs live that were on it and wasn't telling journalists that it may or may not be deleted entirely and rerecorded like he is with this 'album'. Keep reaching.

The fact remains that by the time CD came out, two of the key players involved in making the album had walked. For all you know, DJ and Ron may still tour again with GNR, so it seems to me you're the one who's reaching. DJ has said nothing alluding to leaving GNR and Ron is obviously being tentative about severing ties completely.

More to the point, if Axl had no qualms about releasing Chinese Democracy with songs and solos written by several ex-members, some of whom hadn't been in the band in six or more years (Bucket, Tobias), then why would a follow up album be any different? If he has the intention to release new music I don't think he would let DJ's plans to tour with Sixx:AM stop him.

Edited by Towelie

Bumblefoot had already been in the band for 2 years in 2008 and had toured with them and recorded additional parts for CD. Bringing up Buckethead, who last appeared with the band in 2002 is completely irrelevant.Did Fortus have any idea when CD was coming out? He knew the album title, knew it was relatively soon, knew he was on it, had played songs live that were on it and wasn't telling journalists that it may or may not be deleted entirely and rerecorded like he is with this 'album'. Keep reaching.
The fact remains that by the time CD came out, two of the key players involved in making the album had walked. For all you know, DJ and Ron may still tour again with GNR, so it seems to me you're the one who's reaching. DJ has said nothing alluding to leaving GNR and Ron is obviously being tentative about severing ties completely.More to the point, if Axl had no qualms about releasing Chinese Democracy with songs and solos written by several ex-members, some of whom hadn't been in the band in six or more years (Bucket, Tobias), then why would a follow up album be any different? If he has the intention to release new music I don't think he would let DJ's plans to tour with Sixx:AM stop him.

That's a huge 'if'. The key point in all of this is that Axl has no one to pressure him to put out music anymore - the kind of pressure which was the sole reason for us finally getting CD. He looks and acts completely unmotivated and is surrounded by sycophants who expect nothing of him.

The only reason Ron has not confirmed his exit - although when people refer to him as an ex member he does not correct them, and has alluded to no longer being in the band in every other conceivable way imaginable - is because something is legally prohibiting him from doing so. He has also basically said this on Facebook. The guy was counting down the days to his exit on fucking Twitter. If anyone thinks he wants back in, they're insane.

No record company on the planet would allow Axl to put out another album with no promotion after the shit he pulled with CD. Not only does he have no band to promote an album with, he has actively agreed to make that the case for the next two years - because you best believe that there's no way a company man like DJ committed to two years with another band without checking with Axl's people first.

I think they should do listening parties in Vegas for their fanclub, play unreleased stuff as an excuse for fans to do a get together, do a meet and greet, and sell some old tour swag off. If they decide to play, great.

Ron is probably on "standby" until they find another guitarist, but if they did decide to book a festival and some dates around it, he'd probably go. I don't see GNR doing anything without some sort of announcement being made as far as replacing members goes.

• Like 1

time has proved many times that in the world of GNR, there is no such thing as a reliable source.

It's hard to disagree with that. Whom would we trust if they were downzy's source? Axl? No. Beta? No. Fernando? No. Hired hands? No.

So this is nothing against downzy's telling us what he's been told, but I'll believe in new music when I hear new music.

Lol, yeah this is really comparable to 2008. The time when we'd had a bunch of leaks, a stable band line-up, a tour with Axl looking and sounding badass and determined just a year and a half previously, when he also was playing half of the then forthcoming new album.

That's exactly the same as where we're at now. Vegas nostalgia shows, a fat unmotivated singer in shitty voice who never talks about the band, one lead guitarist gone, the other given the ok to work elsewhere for two years, not one single unreleased song played live in 7 years, no album title, no confirmation that there even is an album and the one remaining guitarist admitting he hasn't spoken to 'them' in ages and doesn't have a clue what's going on.

The ONLY reason ANYTHING happened in 2008 was because there were still a few people around who could force Axl to finally let go of the album, which he then promptly threw a hissy fit over and refused to promote. He has spent the intervening years eliminating those same people who got the album out from his circle and is now surrounded by people who would no more force him to actually put music out than they would stick their firstborn in a microwave. If Axl had his way in 2008, we still would be waiting for CD. Now Axl has it all his way.

But the point still stands. Few would have predicted in spring and early summer of 2008 that the album was coming out. So how can we state for a fact that nothing will happen in 2016?

And if you honestly think that someone "forced" Axl to release the album in 2008 you clearly don't know much about the guy. There's a difference between a willingness to release the album and being unhappy with the marketing push that came along with it. You're confusing the two.

I can tell you unequivocally that work still continues on new music. Axl hasn't given up on the music that's already been created but yet to be released. In fact, if I had to wager, I'd bet that the main focus is on new material versus live performances for the next 12 to 18 months. You're right, there's no around Axl who would force him to release a new album. But there never has been that person.

I name 2 guys who have forced Axl in the past, Tom Zutaut and Alan Niven. You´re right about 2008 but what about 2001 and all those years in between when we heard people saying that CD was ready? Axl himself told us about 3 albums in 2001. We ended up with just one in 2008 only because Dr. Pepper came around.

Unfortunately neither you nor any of us here can have any hope for a 2016 album, not with the recent history. On top of that most people from the band are working on other projects and they had said they have no clue about anything going on.

I know you´ve been about 2016 by someone close to Axl. Well if that person is 100% sure maybe we all be better off if we hear an official statement by that same person on the Eddie Trunk show or somewhere

I think they should do listening parties in Vegas for their fanclub, play unreleased stuff as an excuse for fans to do a get together, do a meet and greet, and sell some old tour swag off. If they decide to play, great.

Ron is probably on "standby" until they find another guitarist, but if they did decide to book a festival and some dates around it, he'd probably go. I don't see GNR doing anything without some sort of announcement being made as far as replacing members goes.

Serious question: is any of the above not meant sarcastically? All this "they" stuff (they should do this, they should announce something, etc.)- who are you talking about? Obviously if "they" were an actual band they would do all these things: announce updates, listening parties, play festivals (that ship has sailed btw- unless we're talking State Fairs n' puppet shows)... but at this stage we're certainly talking about the decisions and actions of one guy who owns the name, not some sort of "they".

I name 2 guys who have forced Axl in the past, Tom Zutaut and Alan Niven. You´re right about 2008 but what about 2001 and all those years in between when we heard people saying that CD was ready? Axl himself told us about 3 albums in 2001. We ended up with just one in 2008 only because Dr. Pepper came around.

Unfortunately neither you nor any of us here can have any hope for a 2016 album, not with the recent history. On top of that most people from the band are working on other projects and they had said they have no clue about anything going on.

I know you´ve been about 2016 by someone close to Axl. Well if that person is 100% sure maybe we all be better off if we hear an official statement by that same person on the Eddie Trunk show or somewhere

Stop making sense. Tell the fans what's going on with the album you said would be out in 2009? He won't even tell the 'band'.

No, far better to treat your 'band' like it's the KGB and your 15 year old songs like they're the codes for the nukes and should be protected under the official secrets act. It's a great way to cover up for the fact that you're so stupifyingly fucking useless as a recording artist that in 2015 you still haven't managed to finish the vocals for songs that you started recording around the turn of the century. Something every other band on the planet can do in a matter of a few weeks, maximum.

But hey, come on, he did sort-of half assedly work for a month or so a year last March. Better give him another two years to rest from his 'constant touring'. If baby doesn't get his night night then he's gonna get cranky. The 'last rockstar'. Everyone who tolerates and enables or excuses this spoiled, lazy, egomaniacal, self-important one album in almost 24 years 'musician' should be ashamed of themselved, because there is absolutely no excuse on this Earth at this point that justifies his pathetic, pitiful workrate or the disgusting, superior way he treats the musicians he's supposed to be in a band with. "Wah wah wah, Fortus doesn't need to know when his work is coming out, the fans who've supported me don't deserve to know anything, as long as me and Nanalala know what's going on everything is A-OK". Fuck this 'band' with a big rubber dick.

Now back to the topic about Hard Rock Hotel or Residencies, how much % does the hotel keeps when they tell GNR or any other artist to do a residency? I know GNR did a private show somewhere when they did the european tour, but how much does it costs to book them? Ron is doing small shows, I know many things are not just about money, but any idea how much would he charge for a private show?

Now back to the topic about Hard Rock Hotel or Residencies, how much % does the hotel keeps when they tell GNR or any other artist to do a residency? I know GNR did a private show somewhere when they did the european tour, but how much does it costs to book them? Ron is doing small shows, I know many things are not just about money, but any idea how much would he charge for a private show?

If its like it used to be some years back, hotels take less of a cut from ticket sales because you're driving tourism to their restaurants, casino etc. Seems to me given the slot machine and so on that Guns maybe have some sort of wider deal with the Hard Rock.

As for BBFs charge for a private show, I bet it isn't very much. A few grand so long as you sort out his travel and accomodation. Just ask him, he sure as hell isn't a hard guy to reach out to, to his credit.

If its like it used to be some years back, hotels take less of a cut from ticket sales because you're driving tourism to their restaurants, casino etc. Seems to me given the slot machine and so on that Guns maybe have some sort of wider deal with the Hard Rock.

As for BBFs charge for a private show, I bet it isn't very much. A few grand so long as you sort out his travel and accomodation. Just ask him, he sure as hell isn't a hard guy to reach out to, to his credit.

Yeah Travel and Accommodation is also necessary and many artists have their big demands like a first class ticket or a 5 star luxury suite, but I know Ron is not one of them, ill contact him when the time is right, I was just talking generally, whenever I get married, I want it to be a memorable experience, so I am ready to shell out around $5,000 to $10,000 including his charge with tickets and accommodation, If Izzy can somehow be contacted then I would pay $10,000 for him too, for Slash alone or with his band, I wouldn't go for more than $20,000 but the thing is when you call the band, you need to pay for all members accommodation, travel expensive, food, etc etc, plus they would have some crew members, so pay for that also, so you need big bucks for that.

But well talking generally my budget would be around $10,000 to $20,000 with including everything.

But well talking generally my budget would be around $10,000 to $20,000 with including everything.

I don' t think that would be eticnough though. Hate to shatter any dreams. I, long time ago (early 2000), used to work at a small venue (fitting about 500 paying visitors) in my home country (NL). We had to pay about 15.000 dollar if we wanted to book a nationally famous band (all in). GnR or members of the old line up are globally famous and respected and play for larger audiances. I suspect they are used to a much higher pay then a 15.000 dollar-range.

Edited by Ender04

I don' t think that would be eticnough though. Hate to shatter any dreams. I, long time ago (early 2000), used to work at a small venue (fitting about 500 paying visitors) in my home country (NL). We had to pay about 15.000 dollar if we wanted to book a nationally famous band (all in). GnR or members of the old line up are globally famous and respected and play for larger audiances. I suspect they are used to a much higher pay then a 15.000 dollar-range.

Sorry for going off topic, I know what you are saying, My grandpa used to be very rich and my aunt was a crazy fan of George Michael and at one time she even wanted to marry him lol, so my grandpa contacted him through a friend, so at that time he took around $15,000 as his fee to perform at my aunts wedding, plus 2 night stay with Air Tickets and whatever he ordered in Room service, the room service bill at that time was around $2,000 which was mostly drinks and this happened around 20 years ago. So Aprrox everything including it would have been around $20,000. I guess now he won't charge less than $50,000

Ron does plays for small audiences, I guess his fee won't be more than $10,000. But well im not getting married now and its a thing to think about it later on, anyways thanks for the reply and sorry people for going off topic.

I honestly think that if Axl is in fact working on new music right now, he's probably recording vocals. Bare in mind at some point he's probably going to want to play these songs live, so that could mean less of the high notes, more room for breath or whatever. I don't expect to be disappointed by that either, if the album vocals are anything as good as the last few shows of Vegas. I mean he finally nailed prostitute, those live vocals are better than the album vocals IMO.