Corey Taylor (Slipknot) still no fan of Axl

Cringe-worthy fan on the line, but regardless, fan was still right about Axl having more talent than Corey, as well as Corey's stupid shit about rubbing his nuts on Axl's piano. You can't defend that. Sorry.

How exactly do you measure talent? Corey plays the guitar, piano, can sing in a wide range of styles just like Axl. What makes Axl more talented than him?

Cringe-worthy fan on the line, but regardless, fan was still right about Axl having more talent than Corey, as well as Corey's stupid shit about rubbing his nuts on Axl's piano. You can't defend that. Sorry.

How exactly do you measure talent? Corey plays the guitar, piano, can sing in a wide range of styles just like Axl. What makes Axl more talented than him?

I guess it could be subjective, but GnR compared to Slipknot is laughable, and especially when compared to Stone Sour. Does being able to play more instruments really make someone more talented? I mean I guess in the sense of someone knowing how to do more things than someone else, but by that logic Taylor Swift could be more talented as she plays more instruments than Axl. :shrugs:

In my opinion it comes down to how you use your talent and the quality of what you create with it.

• Like 3

Both of them sing different types of songs, Corey is an amazing singer, I don't like Slipknot, but his stuff in Stone Sour is pretty good, don't compare him with Axl only with who can sing better, compare who releases more stuff, who is more interactive with the fans etc etc, if you want to compare, then compare everything, not only one thing.

Both of them sing different types of songs, Corey is an amazing singer, I don't like Slipknot, but his stuff in Stone Sour is pretty good, don't compare him with Axl only with who can sing better, compare who releases more stuff, who is more interactive with the fans etc etc, if you want to compare, then compare everything, not only one thing.

Then Corey shits on Axl completely.

If you compare the last 20 years or so, Corey has about a dozen albums and his entire career.

Axl has one album and the end of his.

And I say this as someone who doesn't like Slipknot or Stone Sour.

If you compare the last 20 years or so, Corey has about a dozen albums and his entire career.

Axl has one album and the end of his.

And I say this as someone who doesn't like Slipknot or Stone Sour.

Yeah tell that to Wkuk and the others who are comparing them.

This super fan was a bit over zealous but what I will say is there is a silver lining for Axl in this. What I mean by that is the whole rock star argument, the whole going by the beat of his own drum thing. That's part of what made Axl...well...Axl. What have we heard a million times over the recent years in rock, that there are no real rockstars left or being created who are current rockers, they are all tamed by the industry and you don't really feel that they are brooding artists so to speak or artists who will no matter the consequence follow their beliefs even if it jeopardizes their financial success (speaking of rockers who make it mainstream/big time). I mean I have seen numerous big name old school rock stars say Axl was the last true rock star and this kind of stuff is what made that so, Axl would not be a rock star to this degree if instead he was just a tame uneventful school boy who followed every rule to appease the masses.

And the fan does have a point, if people hated the waiting so bad well they would or could just give up on GNR and if it became to much for Axl then he would just have to always show up on time if it was to much for him to bare. What did we hear people speak of back in the day in regard to GNR's description ? That they are the most dangerous band in the world because you never know what's going to happen, and that was largely due to Axl and his spontaneous explosive perceived persona. So again if he was a perceived tamed good boy rocker then it would not of been the same.

This super fan was a bit over zealous but what I will say is there is a silver lining for Axl in this. What I mean by that is the whole rock star argument, the whole going by the beat of his own drum thing. That's part of what made Axl...well...Axl. What have we heard a million times over the recent years in rock, that there are no real rockstars left or being created who are current rockers, they are all tamed by the industry and you don't really feel that they are brooding artists so to speak or artists who will no matter the consequence follow their beliefs even if it jeopardizes their financial success (speaking of rockers who make it mainstream/big time). I mean I have seen numerous big name old school rock stars say Axl was the last true rock star and this kind of stuff is what made that so, Axl would not be a rock star to this degree if instead he was just a tame uneventful school boy who followed every rule to appease the masses.

And the fan does have a point, if people hated the waiting so bad well they would or could just give up on GNR and if it became to much for Axl then he would just have to always show up on time if it was to much for him to bare. What did we hear people speak of back in the day in regard to GNR's description ? That they are the most dangerous band in the world because you never know what's going to happen, and that was largely due to Axl and his spontaneous explosive perceived persona. So again if he was a perceived tamed good boy rocker then it would not of been the same.

So the summary of your thing is that we fans made Axl the rockstar and Axl doesn't cares.....

hes not even late anymore...

Once you remove rehearsing, soundchecking, exercising, vocal warmups, practicing new songs, putting on a decent outfit, and discussing the setlist with the band, all that's really left on your To-do list is 'roll out of bed, get on stage, half ass it, go back to bed'.

Then Corey shits on Axl completely.

I thought that was what Mike Patton did

Edited by dalsh327

hes not even late anymore...

Kudos to Axl for not being late to all the shows he's played in the last....... wait when the fuck was the last time GnR played a show? :rofl-lol:

Never liked Slipknot. Never understood the stupid masks. If Corey Taylor is where it's at as the worlds best vocalists then stop the world I wanna get off. Did Axl come out & criticise his peers when he was at his peak? I don't think so. Personally I think M Shadows pisses on Taylor from a great height. But both of them can't touch Axl at his best live & on record.

You remind me of those women that get beaten up by their men in public and when someone steps in to protect them they turn on the guy along with their fucking men.

Trying to degrade Corey's obvious and considerable success in several different endeavours does not take away from his core point which is spot on.

Axl may be a rock star but the thousands of people in the venue have invested a ton of their time, money and effort to be in that fucking field in front of him so get your red ass out there and sing a few fucking tunes. Its hardly mining for blood diamonds for fuck's sake.

What is utterly baffling to me when it comes to stuff like this is that Corey is looking out for you here, you the fan...he has your best interests at heart, so much so, he has spoken passionately and publicly about his complete rejection of Axl's treatment of fans.

You should be thanking him for being so real and not trotting out the usual "he's so misunderstood" or "not at all like the media portray him" bullshit Axl's staff or hangers on (I'm looking at you Bach) repeat in their years of interviews about nothing.

And just to finish, I'm not a fan of Slipknot and don't know a single Stone Sour tune. I admire a man that speaks his truth and does so without fear.

Edited by Intercourse
  • Like 4

Never liked Slipknot. Never understood the stupid masks. If Corey Taylor is where it's at as the worlds best vocalists then stop the world I wanna get off. Did Axl come out & criticise his peers when he was at his peak? I don't think so. Personally I think M Shadows pisses on Taylor from a great height. But both of them can't touch Axl at his best live & on record.

You remind me of those women that get beaten up by their men in public and when someone steps in to protect them they turn on the guy along with their fucking men.

Trying to degrade Corey's obvious and considerable success in several different endeavours does not take away from his core point which is spot on.

Axl may be a rock star but the thousands of people in the venue have invested a ton of their time, money and effort to be in that fucking field in front of him so get your fat red ass out there and sing a few fucking tunes. Its hardly mining for blood diamonds for fuck's sake.

What is utterly baffling to me when it comes to stuff like this is that Corey is looking out for you here, you the fan...he has your best interests at heart, so much so, he has spoken passionately and oublically about his complete rejection of Axl's treatment of fans.

You should be thanking him for being so real and not trotting out the usual "he's so misunderstood" or "not at all like the media portray him" bullshit his staff repeat in their years of interviews about nothing.

And just to finish, I'm not a fan of Slipknot and don't know a single Stone Sour tune. I admire a man that speaks his truth and does so without fear.

You forgot to mention the part where he put his nutsack on Axl's piano. And I should respect this person? That's just totally disrespectful and deserves a beatdown. Cobain spat on intending it to be Axl's except it was Elton's piano at VMA's 1992. Patton shat in Axl's orange juice. People still wonder why Axl is the way he is with people, If people showed me hate in this way, I'd ignore them or face up to them to see if they have the testicular fortitude. The lateness issue..I don't think he intends to be late sometimes, victim of circumstance or poor transport..who knows I wouldn't mind waiting, as long as its not too long.