Corey Taylor (Slipknot) still no fan of Axl

Its pretty bad for the people who go and see his band live, there are many people who use the local transport, they come from different cities, When I went to his show, I had a ticket in the seating area, I did stand up and head banged and sang the songs when the show started, I have back problems, thats why I don't go to festivals and Axl showed more than 3 and a half hours late, so in those 3 and a half hours at least I had a seat to sit on, I felt bad for the people who were in the front standing since such a long time.

I am with Corey on this, but putting your ballsack on someones piano......it is a very weird and sick thing and If someone did that to my Guitar, I would smash that guitar on his face.

It's no worse an offence than allowing DGay Assbag to play guitar in Guns n' Roses

• Like 1

Slipknot started ten years later than GN'R, they are bands from different eras with different ideologies and different music.

I can understand why GN'R being late irks alot of people, but that is the brand they have carried for decades. Michael Jackson kept dancing Michael style until he pass away, Patti Smith looks odd now doing punk poetry on stage, the Sparks keyboardist still does his funny glances. Bands do what they do

Being late and pissing off thousands of fans is part of the brand identity?

You're reaching very hard here and I have to say, I would have expected better from you.

There is a hell of a difference between Michael Jackson on stage entertaining his fans and an empty fucking stage with a lot of angry, tired booing going on.

And as Jeckyl pointed out, this is not a band thing - every member past and present has hated it.

Global reports of apoplectic fans leaving three songs in to get the last train cursing Axl Rose and swearing never to come back is not a marketing plan.

To try to allude that this is somehow a worked out strategy is fucking insane

Edited by Intercourse

hes not even late anymore...

Kudos to Axl for not being late to all the shows he's played in the last....... wait when the fuck was the last time GnR played a show? :rofl-lol:

about a year, but he hasnt been late in a long time, why ppl still harp on that?

Slipknot started ten years later than GN'R, they are bands from different eras with different ideologies and different music.

I can understand why GN'R being late irks alot of people, but that is the brand they have carried for decades. Michael Jackson kept dancing Michael style until he pass away, Patti Smith looks odd now doing punk poetry on stage, the Sparks keyboardist still does his funny glances. Bands do what they do

GnR being late :lol:

Being late and pissing off thousands of fans is part of the brand identity?

You're reaching very hard here and I have to say, I would have expected better from you.

There is a hell of a difference between Michael Jackson on stage entertaining his fans and an empty fucking stage with a lot of angry, tired booing going on.

And as Jeckyl pointed out, this is not a band thing - every member past and present has hated it.

Global reports of apoplectic fans leaving three songs in to get the last train cursing Axl Rose and swearing never to come back is not a marketing plan.

To try to allude that this is somehow a worked out strategy is fucking insane

I didn't say it was a worked out brand, I just meant, it is what it is. Axl has been late onto stage ever since the bands inception. When you buy a ticket, it is what you are buying into. The reason it happens has been well documented, if you don't like it, don't go.

Friends at home who are fans will only go to see Guns if they can mix up the night with a few overnight clubs in London. This means that they cannot see them every tour, but they don't fuss about it

"If you don't like it, don't go"

The fact Axl convinced his fans that this "get on board or fuck off" mentality is somehow acceptable or even cool is beyond pathetic IMO. I'm not saying to live by the rules and never dare to break them. I just believe that being nice to people is better than being an asshole. That includes artists.

Brazilian fans are insanely supportive. Most don't mind that Slash is not in the band, Axl has God status. Don't screw with these people, be nice to them. (Even though most of these fans are so stupid Axl could take a shit on stage and throw at them and there would be 1000 pics on FB 5 seconds later - "Me and Axel's shit LINNDDOOOS!!!!"

Yes, Axl had to stop with this unnecessray Diva behavior and it doesn't happen anymore (concerts, for that matter, also don't happen too often anymore) but he did act the way Corey talked about and he does deserve to be bashed.

As for attacking Corey's voice, music and bands - it just proves my point that Axl fans are worse than Bieber fans. Bieber fans are kids. Axl fans are supposed to be adults. The balls on piano prank was stupid? Yes. You know a worse prank? Make fans, crew and band wait for you for 3 hours because "you're not ready".

You forgot to mention the part where he put his nutsack on Axl's piano. And I should respect this person? That's just totally disrespectful and deserves a beatdown. Cobain spat on intending it to be Axl's except it was Elton's piano at VMA's 1992. Patton shat in Axl's orange juice. People still wonder why Axl is the way he is with people, If people showed me hate in this way, I'd ignore them or face up to them to see if they have the testicular fortitude. The lateness issue..I don't think he intends to be late sometimes, victim of circumstance or poor transport..who knows I wouldn't mind waiting, as long as its not too long.

You can't be serious. Ban-worthy comment.

• Like 3

Ahah that was fun, finally a caller with some balls. Usually they rub the artist in the right way, that was pretty funny. He went a bit mad though, potentially a serial killer :lol:

Corey seems like a nice guy, but let's be real, the caller was right in the sense Corey isn't touching Axl's talent in any shape or form.

Not only that, but Axl has charisma. Corey has none. He just looks and acts like a normal guy. Which is why he is more liked by the mainstream audience, I guess more people can relate to a normal human being.

Thanks for sharing the video, really made me laugh. Oh and the host was a total asskisser, he is embarrassing to watch, I would be ashamed to be in his shoes. Very fun to watch though :lol:

"If you don't like it, don't go"

The fact Axl convinced his fans that this "get on board or fuck off" mentality is somehow acceptable or even cool is beyond pathetic IMO. I'm not saying to live by the rules and never dare to break them. I just believe that being nice to people is better than being an asshole. That includes artists.

Definitely. The "get on board or fuck off" mentality is probably a mental disorder. Too bad some people follow whatever their idol says or does without using common sense.

Ahahahahahaha oh my god that was funny :lol::lol:

I'm beginning to actually like this Corey guy. He should stop making music or whatever he thinks he is doing and start stand-up comedy! I would actually be willing to pay for this and wait 3 hours!

Edited by D..

You forgot to mention the part where he put his nutsack on Axl's piano. And I should respect this person? That's just totally disrespectful and deserves a beatdown.

Axl beat the fuck out of his wife yet you're still here - double standards?

Don't throw facts like that at WK!!!!

Rubbing your nuts on a piano is clearly way worse than a man beating up a woman.

The way some of these guys defend Axl is just mindboggling.

You actually have to start questioning their sanity a bit.

And LOL at the people who chime in with "Axl has more talent than Corey ever did".........WTF does that matter? Weird because these same posters often bash others that have more talent than they do! Using this idiotic logic, NONE of us on here can criticize ANY band, any actor, any movie, any sport's star.........because they all have more talent than we do.

Why the double standard?

You forgot to mention the part where he put his nutsack on Axl's piano. And I should respect this person? That's just totally disrespectful and deserves a beatdown.

Perhaps although opinions vary.

Never liked Slipknot. Never understood the stupid masks. If Corey Taylor is where it's at as the worlds best vocalists then stop the world I wanna get off. Did Axl come out & criticise his peers when he was at his peak? I don't think so. Personally I think M Shadows pisses on Taylor from a great height. But both of them can't touch Axl at his best live & on record.

revisionist histroy to worhsip your hero. Slurp slurp slurp I guess.
When you commit a tardy act you don't get to call somebody else out for a tardy act.
When you so blanatnly act like Axl is a saint and never criticised any of his peers at his peak your'e a joke and a zealot and a blind wworshiper and are an embarassment to actual fans.
Nobody's a saint. We all make mistakes. Even your glory boy in your avatar.

Wouldn't that same logic apply to Corey as well????

Or does "nobody's a saint" only apply to Axl Rose?

Corey Taylor is a loser for ONE thing that he did - which is kind of funny. You crucify him, say you'd physically beat him down.

But Axl beats up a couple different women and your response is "nobody is a saint"

:facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Yes, Axl had to stop with this unnecessray Diva behavior and it doesn't happen anymore (concerts, for that matter, also don't happen too often anymore)

Axl was forced to stop, he didn't stop because he wanted to be "nice" with his fans. If it was up to him, people would still be waiting 4 hours before the show starts. I laughed my ass off when he was forced to return in Dublin, all mad, bitter and full of anger, standing there, hahaha.

• Like 1

Rubbing your nuts on a piano is clearly way worse than a man beating up a woman.

And LOL at the people who chime in with "Axl has more talent than Corey ever did".........WTF does that matter? Weird because these same posters often bash others that have more talent than they do! Using this idiotic logic, NONE of us on here can criticize ANY band, any actor, any movie, any sport's star.........because they all have more talent than we do.

Why the double standard?

Never liked Slipknot. Never understood the stupid masks. If Corey Taylor is where it's at as the worlds best vocalists then stop the world I wanna get off. Did Axl come out & criticise his peers when he was at his peak? I don't think so. Personally I think M Shadows pisses on Taylor from a great height. But both of them can't touch Axl at his best live & on record.

When you commit a tardy act you don't get to call somebody else out for a tardy act.
When you so blanatnly act like Axl is a saint and never criticised any of his peers at his peak your'e a joke and a zealot and a blind wworshiper and are an embarassment to actual fans.

Corey Taylor is a loser for ONE thing that he did - which is kind of funny. You crucify him, say you'd physically beat him down.

But Axl beats up a couple different women and your response is "nobody is a saint"

:lol:

Yes, Axl had to stop with this unnecessray Diva behavior and it doesn't happen anymore (concerts, for that matter, also don't happen too often anymore)

Axl was forced to stop, he didn't stop because he wanted to be "nice" with his fans. If it was up to him, people would still be waiting 4 hours before the show starts. I laughed my ass off when he was forced to return in Dublin, all mad, bitter and full of anger, standing there, hahaha.

That Dublin thing was pretty funny hahahaha

The one time I saw GNR live it was shitty weather. strong winds and rain. cold as fuck. everything was ready. you could see bumblefoot and other band members on the side of the stage watching the crowd. 45 minutes later, a helicopter lands next to the stage. Axl shows up. Axl rose is clearly a victim of poor transportation. :/

This is pretty much what's wrong with Axl fans.

- Someone makes a fair point on how Axl acts

- "Well this guy sucks and Axl is way better than him!"

I mean seriously, how stupid a reaction is that?! Does your opinion of in this case Corey make his opinion on something Axl does ANY less valid? No it doesn't. You just don't want to hear it because boo fucking hoo someone is speaking ill of Axl Rose. HOW DARE THEY?!!

WK needs to be banned.

1. Nobody said that Corey was the best singer in the world. Corey wouldn't even say that.

2. Axl is FAMOUS for criticizing other artists. So again - WK is 100% wrong.

3. WK is OK with beating up women (boys will be boys) but is furious about rubbing your junk on a piano. So much so that he'd fight the guy.

4. completely misses the point - as usual. This isn't a GnR vs Slipnot debate. Fans of each band will think that band is better. Who cares which band is better. Does Axl treat his fans like crap? Yes. End of story. Everything Corey said was 100% true.

The one time I saw GNR live it was shitty weather. strong winds and rain. cold as fuck. everything was ready. you could see bumblefoot and other band members on the side of the stage watching the crowd. 45 minutes later, a helicopter lands next to the stage. Axl shows up. Axl rose is clearly a victim of poor transportation. :/

I think it was a gig in Brazil where people were already waiting for 2 hours and Axl was spotted arriving the country in his private jet because he was having dinner with some model in ANOTHER COUNTRY. :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

This is pretty much what's wrong with Axl fans.

- Someone makes a fair point on how Axl acts

- "Well this guy sucks and Axl is way better than him!"

I mean seriously, how stupid a reaction is that?! Does your opinion of in this case Corey make his opinion on something Axl does ANY less valid? No it doesn't. You just don't want to hear it because boo fucking hoo someone is speaking ill of Axl Rose. HOW DARE THEY?!!

WK needs to be banned.

1. Nobody said that Corey was the best singer in the world. Corey wouldn't even say that.

2. Axl is FAMOUS for criticizing other artists. So again - WK is 100% wrong.

3. WK is OK with beating up women (boys will be boys) but is furious about rubbing your junk on a piano. So much so that he'd fight the guy.

4. completely misses the point - as usual. This isn't a GnR vs Slipnot debate. Fans of each band will think that band is better. Who cares which band is better. Does Axl treat his fans like crap? Yes. End of story. Everything Corey said was 100% true.

O.K I agree. I ain't gonna lose sleep over it.

Btw I hate Slipknot, and don't particularly like Corey Taylor. I doubt he knows Axl like he said.

But you still cant defend the long waits Axl used to put us through. I mean, even in 2010 at my first show we waited like 2 hours. Ironically, the worst wait I ever endured was at a Buckethead gig.

Anyways, glad Axl seems to have gotten better at that. Or at least says shows will start later

:lol:

Why the double standard?

Sorry man.

When you have such a huge double standard it's hard to take anything you say seriously.

Transport problems?

Axl never criticized other singers?

It's OK to beat up your wife?

Seriously dude. You are starting to put yourself into the W-A-R.......C-H-I-L-D range of psychotic level.