Corey Taylor (Slipknot) still no fan of Axl

Putting Deftones next to Slipknot is just massive disrespect to Deftones. They're truly artistic (whether you like them or not) White Pony was unlike any other "nu-metal" album and they just went from there. Slipknot is just funny band with some cool songs but they more about shock value than actual music which sometimes suck really bad.

And Corey is Corey he likes limelight and he is nowhere near Axl in terms of talent. Slipknot was alwyas more of Joey band, as Corey isn't good songwriter he can write generic radio/fan friendly songs but he is nowhere near Axl, not to mention vocals.

Please reference where Corey said that he had more talent than Axl.

The rest of your post is purely your opinion and isn't really relevant to the topic. Just more of your weird Axl worship.

Slipnot's excremental musicality does not inherently invalidate Corey's opinion. The man is of course speaking perfect sense.

Crazy Axl fan thinking,

As soon as some one else from the music industry criticises the ginger one you must immediately hate that person's music in order to invalidate their opinion about Axl.

Nirvana, Green Day, Metallica - recently, Faith No More - a lot of bands have been dispensed with in such a manner.

It must be done.

Some people just don't get what makes Axl so compelling and that's fine, I just take the guy as he is and accept what peculiar tangent he functions within, there's just as much to like as there is to be stumped by.

If you "don't get" what makes Axl compelling then in reality you just don't find him compelling. There is nothing to "get", either his shtick floats your boat or it doesn't.

That's exactly my point, some people find it intriguing enough to attempt to fathom without rationalizing too much, some people consider him a waste of time bothering to make room in their comprehension, the guy remains a conundrum as ever.

The caller was pathetic, but Corey just repeat the same old shit again and again...

it's interesting that almost nobody from the current/relevant musicians circle criticise Ax's shit voice, this prooves that they were not heard him in years....

The late starts are over, but when he was late he was still deliver a good show...
After 2011... not so much, lol

anyway i like Slipknot, but i don't really like Corey Taylor's personality, but this has nothing to do with this topic, so i'm confused why wkuk brig this on....

So saying that Corey isn't nowhere near Axl as songwriter and vocalist is weird Axl worship ?

Yes, because Corey being talented or talentless does not change or invalidate Corey's opinion on Axl's late starts. I think Slipknot is absolute trash, that doesn't mean I can't fully agree with what Corey said.

• Like 3

About Axl, yeah he was always criticizing people and shitting on them, and for absolutely no reason! It's not like he was nice to Cobain, Hetfield and the other ones to begin with! It's not like Hetfield who is clearly the best singer and most beautiful man ever made had accidentally taken the piss on camera judging his food wishlist! It's not like Cobain tried in a pathetic childish manner to ridicule him with his wife! Axl criticized them TOTALLY without reason!

Thank you MYgnR fans for your real reviews of past & current events, you opened my eyes.

I'll give you the one about Cobain, it seems he was a sneery, supercilious shit towards Axl's genuine offer to join GNR out on the road.

Hetfield I disagree...their beef started when Hetfield got burned and metallica had to quit 90 minutes early. The band asked Axl to rally GNR and get out there and deliver a show to save the entire gig - what did Axl do? Went on late as usual and then left the stage.

Slash quote on the incident: “Not only did we not go on early enough to fill the void left by Metallica, we went on three hours later than our scheduled time.”

Listen to Metallica themselves discuss the incident here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kQv7D4B9gY

You've obviously decided to turn your back on well documented fact when you decided to set out your stall here.

James Hetfield being burnt is nobody's fault, incident or not, Axl would have been late on stage, don't think he did it purposely to hurt Metallica.

However, this video just proves how stupid Hetfield can be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYa8CszIz0M

I listend to this for the first time just now and...... Hahahahaha! The fan on the line is a fucking loser! What a pathetic psychotic moron. If this is someone who posts here, and no doubt being the massive zealot they clearly are, he's probably posted here at least once, I'd love for them to man up and admit their douchiness. Talk about being attached to somone's nut sack. Wow! That caller is just an embarrassment to humanity. Unreal.

• Like 2

James Hetfield being burnt is nobody's fault, incident or not, Axl would have been late on stage, don't think he did it purposely to hurt Metallica.

However, this video just proves how stupid Hetfield can be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYa8CszIz0M

You're missing the point here...everybody from GNR and Metallica needed Axl to get in there and save the event from collapse.

He chose not to bother. He knew the crowd had to stand around for the hour or so Metallica were missing and then he stuck it to them by making them stand around for another three and a half hours extra until he felt ready.

Then he's sipping champagne and smoking cigars while the venue burns and people are getting seriously injured.

I just can't believe I have to explain this stuff to point out what's wrong here...

Edited by Intercourse

Some quotes about the infamous Montreal gig:

Gilby: Metallica was halfway through that Montreal set when the flash pot blew up on him. We were still back at the hotel, and they called us and told us that the fans would have to wait four hours if we came on at the time scheduled. So we rushed around, threw everything together and raced over to the stadium, only to find out that the whole P.A. system was screwed up. [...] We all tried, and Axl - whose voice had been bothering him - really tried, but the sound couldn't salvaged. The fans were getting this half Metallica set, a Guns N' Roses set they couldn't hear - they weren't getting their money's worth. So we announced they'd get their money back and we'd play the date again. [Lakeland Ledger, August 1992]

Gilby: That thing happened so fast. I mean, you're probably gonna get the same story from absolutely everyone. We had gotten word -- you know, we were all just hanging out at the hotel -- and somebody said that there was a big accident. James had burned his arm, and their set got cut short. The audience is, you know, going a little crazy. It would be really great if we could go on early today. (Laughs) So we all got ready, and we got there, and we did. But the problem is, is because of all the frantic stuff that happened -- from, you know, Metallica's crew, our crew, all the things of, you know, everybody trying to do the right thing -- by the time we got onstage -- which was early -- it wasn't together. You know, the sound was just like -- it wasn't just bad, it was like almost unplayable. And I just remember Axl coming up to me and just going: You know, I can't hear myself -- I can't hear anything. What do we do? (Laughs) You know, and the next thing you know, he left. And that was the end of it [spin, June 1999]

Slash: The tour resumed in Canada, which came to be the infamous coup de grâce of everything that was wrong with our band. It all went down in Montreal, on August 8, 1992. Metallica went on, and midway through their set, James Hetfield caught on fire when a pyrotechnic malfunctioned. He sustained serious injuries to his arm and shoulder, and the band was forced to end their set immediately. We were still at our hotel when it happened, and we were asked to go on early - it was a noissue; of course we agreed to do so. The band headed to the venue right away and discussed what we'd play to fill up the remainder of Metallica's slot and ours as well. We had plenty of time to go over our options but it couldn't happen because Axl did not show up. Not only did we not go on early enough to fill the void left by Metallica, we went on three hours later than our own scheduled stage time. In the end, there was something like four hours between the time Metallica were forced to stop the show and the moment we took the stage. And once we did, Axl ended it early, after we'd done just ninety minutes out of a scheduled two hours. I am sure he had his reasons, but neither I nor the crowd, as far as I know, knew quite what they were. I can't say I was surprised when the audience started rioting [slash's autobiography, "Slash", 2007, p. 358]

Duff: Less than a month into the tour [with Metallica], on August 8, 1992, we stopped in Montreal. Metallica front man James Hetfield inadvertently stepped into the plume of one of his band's pyrotechnics pots at the show and had to be rushed to the hospital with extensive burns. The other members of Metallica came back onstage after James had been whisked away, explained what had happened, and apologized for suspending the show. We could have saved the day by going right on and playing a long set. It would have been a great gesture to the fans and to the guys in Metallica. It would have been the professional thing to do, the right thing to do. And we were capable of an epic set [...]. But no. The same shit happened in Montreal as elsewhere, us going on late - more than two hours after Hetfield was rushed to the hospital - playing to pissed-off fans. Our own fans, pissed off at us. I sat backstage monitoring the sounds drifting in from the arena, drink in hand, and could feel the crowd's mood change. The rumble of tens of thousands of people beginning to get angry is a deep, low sound that penetrates walls and vibrates the fundaments of buildings, where dressing rooms are located. It's a horrible sound, and the panic and embarrassment and frustration in my own head was compounded by that rumble. After letting the crowd reach its boiling point, we finally went out and started playing. Then, forty-five minutes into our set, a microphone stand hit Axl in the mouth. He threw down the mic and left. This time the riot didn't start near the stage. We didn't even see it. The crowd blew up back at the concession areas and merchandise stands, and then spread outside into the streets. In fact, our crew did their normal teardown of the set, oblivious to the riot already raging out of view. Only when our buses pulled out of the parking enclosure did we see the full extent of the situation - cop cars turned over, vehicles on fire, lots of broken windows. Once again there looked to be lots of injuries. Once again I felt anguished and heartbroken. This time I also felt deeply embarrassed, a feeling that managed inexorably to worm its way into my vodka-numbed psyche. It didn't have to be like this [Duff's autobiography, "It's So Easy", 2011, p. 206-207]

Lars Ulrich: You know, Axl Rose is one of the most real people I've ever met. Okay, probably like one of the truest and more real people that I've ever met. When Axl is in the right mood and the right frame of mind, I mean, there's nobody that touches him as an artist and as a performer. But he's also the kind of person that it's sort of like if the monitors aren't 110%, then he can't deal with it. And then he just, instead of trying to find a way to deal with it, he chooses to walk off. And I'm sort of in a situation where I can sort of relate to both sides, because I think that there's a kind of purity in what he does.

It just so happens that that night, when James blew up onstage, and Guns N' Roses needed to come out and save the day, you know, Axl had one of his nights where he just wasn't really feeling it, and couldn't really pull it off. And that was the night where it really needed to happen -- do you know what I mean?

Dizzy: That was a bummer, obviously. [...] The way all went down, it wasn't really cool. I just remember that we were, you know, we wanted to come back in it and give them the full show and their money's worth because obviously Metallica couldn't finish their set [and that would have been the way to go?] [...] But some people didn't like that and eh, I am not sure exactly, I know that in a lot of cases, not all cases, but the press sort of blows up, blows out of proportion and likes to call it a riot. I know there was some bad things happening there...[Mitch telling he was at that show and that it was "quite an event, but I do remember that when Axl put the mic down and walked off stage my buddy and I were just like, 'We're going home, we're not sticking around for what's coming next'] Yeah, I do remember that we had full attention and just wanted to come back on for the full show. The biggest problem about that weren't able to play Montreal again for several years and when we finally did [Mitch adding, "14 years later"] it was an awesome moment, especially for Axl and for me, to be able to finally come back there and play, and the fans were very appreciative of that. It was kinda an emotional moment, actually. [...]

[Talking about coming back to Montreal in January 27, 2010] I think it was vindication in a lot of way because everybody blamed us for everything that happened [...] Basically we were just trying to do the right thing way back then and it was just completely misconceived and blown out of proportion. So to come back and get that feedback from the fans, that kinda set things right
[One on One with Mitch Lafon, July 2014]

Note the "employees" take a softer road than those on a more equal footing.

Imagine how amazing it could have been if Axl just walked out and said

"ok, James is injured, Metallica are unable to continue, the monitors are fucked so I can't hear myself and my throat is sore so this will be a tough gig for me....

SO I need you fuckers to sing for me when I can't, I need you to forgive us if I'm out of tune or the band is sloppy.

But don't misunderstand me!

GNR are here to give you guys what you deserve... the best 3 hours of fucking rock we have all ever taken part in. Are you with us?"

He could have invited Metallica members out to jam later on and just fucking smashed it, all guts and heart.

That would have been the rock star thing to do.

• Like 2

"ok, James is injured, Metallica are unable to continue, the monitors are fucked so I can't hear myself and my throat is sore so this will be a tough gig for me....

SO I need you fuckers to sing for me when I can't, I need you to forgive us if I'm out of tune or the band is sloppy.

GNR are here to give you guys what you deserve... the best 3 hours of fucking rock we have all ever taken part in. Are you with us?"

He could have invited Metallica members out to jam later on and just fucking smashed it, all guts and heart.

I thought the exact same thing. Funny how the new hired guns(Gilby and Dizzy) take a softer stance but Slash and Diff basically say Axl fucked up and there was no reason for it.

• Like 1

Didn't Metallica fans think Guns were posers? Even after The Black Album :lol:

Axl said the truth would come out someday didn't he? (I'm not defending anybody with these comments)

not sure that would have worked either although it would have been admirable

the crowds on that tour were heavily metallica fans and from the shows I went to, i'd say that near 75% of the crowd left before gnr came on and at 2 of the shows I saw, axl stormed offstage early...although it was already like 2am.....the wait between metallica and gnr was interminable and being in the middle of summer, that made the wait even worse

• Like 1

I still get blown away when some fans try and defend Axl's actions that night (or on any of the other nights where he bailed on the band and crowd).

• Like 1

Axl said the truth would come out someday didn't he? (I'm not defending anybody with these comments)

Axl said a lot of things would come out but he lied essentially.

the crowds on that tour were heavily metallica fans and from the shows I went to, i'd say that near 75% of the crowd left before gnr came on and at 2 of the shows I saw, axl stormed offstage early...although it was already like 2am.....the wait between metallica and gnr was interminable and being in the middle of summer, that made the wait even worse

You're probably right but fuck me, when Axl gave it his all he would PISS on ten James Hetfields, put the world's biggest guitar star up beside him there and it could have been great. Nobody would begrudge a band that was trying and when GNR worked live they were a force of nature.

I'm not arguing that the crowds were more on the Metallica side but I find it incredibly unlikley that near 75% of the crowds left before GnR came on. I don't buy that for a second.

Axl said a lot of things would come out but he lied essentially.

You're probably right but fuck me, when Axl gave it his all he would PISS on ten James Hetfields, put the world's biggest guitar star up beside him there and it could have been great. Nobody would begrudge a band that was trying and when GNR worked live they were a force of nature.

Comments like this make me feel sad. :( All we have now are memories...

Edited by ChristmasFnatic

• 6 months later...
On 7/19/2015 at 6:56 AM, Strange Broue said:

it's interesting that almost nobody from the current/relevant musicians circle criticise Ax's shit voice, this prooves that they were not heard him in years....

It's interesting but you rarely hear a professional musician or singer criticize another singer's voice. Their personality, stage show, work ethic, appearance, sure, but never their voice. And that's probably because everyone who works in the business does know that there are a thousand things that can go wrong with a person's voice, and that not all of them are the individual's fault. It's the bogeyman that hangs over singers' heads...what if something happens to your voice? You can go out and buy another guitar; you can't go out and buy another set of vocal cords.

As to Corey's statements? *shrug* In this world nobody is universally liked. Axl has his supporters and his detractors, as everyone does.

11 minutes ago, stella said:

It's interesting but you rarely hear a professional musician or singer criticize another singer's voice. Their personality, stage show, work ethic, appearance, sure, but never their voice. And that's probably because everyone who works in the business does know that there are a thousand things that can go wrong with a person's voice, and that not all of them are the individual's fault. It's the bogeyman that hangs over singers' heads...what if something happens to your voice? You can go out and buy another guitar; you can't go out and buy another set of vocal cords.

As to Corey's statements? *shrug* In this world nobody is universally liked. Axl has his supporters and his detractors, as everyone does.

Smart thing to do for a rock singer. A lot of these guy's voice's go to sh*t when they get older. Axl isn't the only one, James Hetfield, Chris Cornell, Bach obviously. No point in criticizing that when the same thing (no matter great you think you are) could happen to you.

1 hour ago, Axl owns dexter said:

Smart thing to do for a rock singer. A lot of these guy's voice's go to sh*t when they get older. Axl isn't the only one, James Hetfield, Chris Cornell, Bach obviously. No point in criticizing that when the same thing (no matter great you think you are) could happen to you.

I think that's exactly it. Some singers are lucky enough to have their voices their entire careers/lives, but one can do everything right and still end up with injured vocal cords...and when that happens, it's devastating. It's the looming fear that every singer knows and they're not going to kick another singer when they're down about that. 

3 hours ago, Majestic Beast said:

Axl don't like metal genre,hetfield/metallica,dickinson/maiden,corey/slipknot,cobain/nirvana(not metal) and probably others,hate each other.

That's not true, Axl liked Metallica. I read a story about Axl buying a new car with a super loud stereo and he used to blast Ride the lightning when he was driving it. He only didn't like them (for a while) After the mtv show came out and hetfield was making fun of him. Axl might still dislike Hetfield but he is obviously OK with Lars.

As for maiden, be didn't like the music but never (to my knowledge) said anything about the members. Nirvana has been checked nvered on mygnr extensively, I'll pass on ignoring that chat, but Axl was a fan before they fell out.