Looks like DJ will be busy for the next two years.

At the end of the most recent Guns N’ Roses residency at the Joint, rumors abounded that Axl Rose had no plans for any further touring or recording with the current lineup of GNR.

But Ashba expects to return to the stage with Rose, saying, “I’ve got his back whenever he needs me. Ever since I joined GNR six years ago, it’s almost been nonstop touring. But we’ve kind of talked of more touring, and I’m looking at this more as a hiatus than the end.”

April 8, 2015

http://lasvegassun.com/blogs/kats-report/2015/apr/08/dj-ashba-deep-sixxm-gnr-not-finished-record-settin/

Edited by Silent Jay

DJ would either work around the GnR schedule, DJ would get replaced, or GnR will do nothing.

Nikki Sixx says in the article that they don´t plan to take a break. So I don´t see DJ joining Axl for a Vegas residency. Keep in mind that Tommy didn´t care too much about South America last year. So Axl is gonna need 2 new guitar players to replace BBF and DJ

There are these 2 guitarists named Saul Hudson and Jeffry Isbel, maybe they can help out?

Of course! But for that to happen many things need to be changed

My point is why rebuild GNR at this stage of the game, for the 5th? time, or however many times its been. BBF is clearly out and now DJs main focus is this. Thats already two to replace at the minimum. Just start a new band, go solo, reunite the original band, or just call it quits. This whole thing is ridiculous.

My point is why rebuild GNR at this stage of the game, for the 5th? time, or however many times its been. BBF is clearly out and now DJs main focus is this. Thats already two to replace at the minimum. Just start a new band, go solo, reunite the original band, or just call it quits. This whole thing is ridiculous.

I reckon Ron will come back if Axl agrees to feature him on a new album, but just for another run of shows? No chance.

Guns is the meal ticket. DJ seems to be a good business man. He won't walk out of that imo.

Besides, Axl can replace anyone at this point and very few will care. He'll still be able to tour and make money.

yea, big time tourin my ass

sixx am are gonna tour for 2-3 weeks tops

and makin the album will be fast too

nikki will do it on his laptop, as for ashba solos - DJ will use some of those he records at his home studio all the time

then they will show up for make up, record 60 minutes of Vlogs in one session, and that's it

as of those 90 mins worth of Vlogs - 30 of them will be released on the deluxe limited tour edition of the album, the rest will be released on youtube in 15 parts, around two minutes each, every three days

collect the check

get drunk

blow it all on ashbamedia beanies

• Like 1

Well, we are close to a reunion than we ever were!

Eddie Trunk said in his twitter that he thinks reunion will happens, but that´s only his opinion, no fact or inside info. But think about it:

- He´s close with Mark Tremonti and Myles Kennedy (a lot of info about Alter Bridge and of course SLASH came from schedules of these two)
- He had BFF in his shows a lot of times
- He has a great relationship with Nikk Sixx

So, he probably knows A LOT of what´s going on at backstage, plans, tours, albuns, schedules, etc... Not that he knows for a FACT that something will happen, but he knows more than us, that´s for sure.

• Like 1

Can't someone from the admin's get a hold on team brazil or Axl for that matter to clarify some stuff.

-who's in the band right now?

-what are the plans for 2016.. if nothing is planned just say so or give us a hint that something is in the works.

-what is: stay of execution.

just small questions.

Can someone who knows admins or have tb/fernando/axl contact relay them?

We would like some info. Is the hiatus forever. What's going on. more then a year since we got official words/tour etc.

not one whisper.

We knew 2015 was going to be silent. But there's nothing.

What do we know.

We know axl/dj and the band have a remix album. Which has been done for who knows how long

Going down was leaked last year and versions of the remix album The short mixes and going down and DJ Better.

Is the label holding up shit, why not release it ur self on black frog?

DJ would either work around the GnR schedule, DJ would get replaced, or GnR will do nothing.

Fairly easy thing to accomplish.... just free up 5 minutes a month to tell some obscure magazine or website how pumped you are for the band's plans next year- that's the whole schedule.

They have jarmo's forum and an official forum to post news to the loyal Axl fanbase and won't do it. I doubt mygnr has any chance to get some news. Unfortunately, that's how Axl and TB operate, they don't care about the fans, even those who won't say a single bad word about Axl.

What is Slash's schedule for the next year?

Maybe Axl has been waiting for Slash to wrap up his current tour in support of his last album.

GnR reunites and puts out a new album and starts touring in summer of 2016?

Axl doesn't cares about Slash or his tour schedule, Slash is his enemy, He has not even released anything for the fans, nor given us any update, so Slash is a far away thing.

We all want a reunion, but its not going to happen, the closet reunion we will ever get is Kings of Chaos, at the moment Duff is the only person who can be a connection to Axl and Slash, but even he is backing out.

If Axl wanted to talk to Slash, he could have done it long time ago, the conclusion is that he doesn't cares, there are high chances of Axl touring again with the same band and playing those old songs and maybe releasing an album after god knows how many years, but he getting back with Slash, I don't see it, he could have easily gone to the Hall of fame, it was just for ONE NIGHT, but he din't.

Nikki Sixx says in the article that they don´t plan to take a break. So I don´t see DJ joining Axl for a Vegas residency. Keep in mind that Tommy didn´t care too much about South America last year. So Axl is gonna need 2 new guitar players to replace BBF and DJ

The refusal/inability to face reality around here is mind-boggling... "replace BBF and DJ" where?? In his Thursday night poker game?

Guns is the meal ticket. DJ seems to be a good business man. He won't walk out of that imo.

Besides, Axl can replace anyone at this point and very few will care. He'll still be able to tour and make money.

Please read the interview. DJ says Sixx A.M. is "our main priority". So it is his priority too. Axl can replace anyone but at this point promoters will tell him reunion or nothing, unless Axl is willing to play small clubs in Sunset Strip. That´s the only "tour" he can get with yet another new band

Honestly I'm not convinced Axl hasn't retired. The rumours were there, he tweets but never about the band or music so seemingly it isn't a going concern for him, no comment on Ron leaving (perhaps there's no band left to leave) l, members more committed to other projects than ever, plus everyone got handed their gold watches/framed albums at the end of the last residency.

Evidence to the contrary? A few comments by other band members in interviews - and since when haven't they been filled with lies orbfalse optimism?

Please read the interview. DJ says Sixx A.M. is "our main priority". So it is his priority too. Axl can replace anyone but at this point promoters will tell him reunion or nothing, unless Axl is willing to play small clubs in Sunset Strip. That´s the only "tour" he can get with yet another new band

DJ says a lot of things.

To be honest, Axl has the GNR name, so even if he replaces anyone or not, he will still have arena's, its just cause of the name and As for Ashba, he is not going to leave GNR anytime soon, whenever he gets a call from TB, he will do the tour, he knows his main big income is Axl's band, the dude bough a new house after touring with GNR. Sixx Am would give him good money, but still the money he will earn with GNR, that his cover his "Luxury" items.

I don't think so. The brand name Guns N Roses can still draw around 5-10,000 per show( more in NYC etc) regardless of who is in the band. You could throw seven guys from this board up there with Axl. It's the GnR name that is the draw,not any one member besides Axl. I will say Ashba has the biggest fan base of anyone who has been in new GnR with the possible exception of Buckethead.

Guns is the meal ticket. DJ seems to be a good business man. He won't walk out of that imo. Besides, Axl can replace anyone at this point and very few will care. He'll still be able to tour and make money.

I don't think so. The brand name Guns N Roses can still draw around 5-10,000 per show( more in NYC etc) regardless of who is in the band. You could throw seven guys from this board up there with Axl. It's the GnR name that is the draw,not any one member besides Axl. I will say Ashba has the biggest fan base of anyone who has been in new GnR with the possible exception of Buckethead.

Does he fuck. No one I know has ever heard of Ashba. Anyone who knows anything about rock knows The Replacements.

Well, we are close to a reunion than we ever were!

Eddie Trunk said in his twitter that he thinks reunion will happens, but that´s only his opinion, no fact or inside info. But think about it:

- He´s close with Mark Tremonti and Myles Kennedy (a lot of info about Alter Bridge and of course SLASH came from schedules of these two)

- He had BFF in his shows a lot of times

- He has a great relationship with Nikk Sixx

So, he probably knows A LOT of what´s going on at backstage, plans, tours, albuns, schedules, etc... Not that he knows for a FACT that something will happen, but he knows more than us, that´s for sure.

Hi RnT! Excellent points you've made here (and I enjoyed reading it on the other forum word for word two minutes ago as well! :) )

/Rodzilla

Guns is the meal ticket. DJ seems to be a good business man. He won't walk out of that imo. Besides, Axl can replace anyone at this point and very few will care. He'll still be able to tour and make money.

Does he fuck. No one I know has ever heard of Ashba. Anyone who knows anything about rock knows The Replacements.

I agree that The Replacements are more well known than Ashba but how many of their fans are gonna pay $50+ per ticket to come see Stinson play bass in GnR and sing one song? I'm sure most Mats fans would prefer Stinson leave GnR. At most GnR shows these days you'll see people wearing Ashba swag I'm not saying that thousands of his fans are at every gig but he's by far the biggest draw besides Axl.

To be honest, Axl has the GNR name, so even if he replaces anyone or not, he will still have arena's, its just cause of the name and As for Ashba, he is not going to leave GNR anytime soon, whenever he gets a call from TB, he will do the tour, he knows his main big income is Axl's band, the dude bough a new house after touring with GNR. Sixx Am would give him good money, but still the money he will earn with GNR, that his cover his "Luxury" items.

A lot of people before DJ have walked away from the GN´R name. They still work with other bands or solo projects. They show they don´t need Axl in their life for ever. It looks like DJ has join that club as well