If The World should have been a single.

Meh. It's ok but his voice is shit for much of it as he sounds like a dying cat until he finally hits the rasp and even then...... not great. It may have worked if it was released in this style because this is actually better than anything off Chinese Democracy.

Edited by Bono

I love CD because I'm a GN'R fanboy but the objective side of me knows there's not one single on that entire album. Sorry, that was just for hardcore fans only.

Prostitute would've had a chance had it been recorded by a real band and not some industrial wannabe band with an identty crisis. Actually all of CD might've had a chance if a real band had recorded it. Like say Guns N Roses maybe.

I can't believe you guys thought I'd really sing about sitting in a Chinese stew! How shit do you think I am?!

Or calling the IRS. Can't believe you guys thought I was serious?

There's a fucking blip on a song. I do a dracula voice on song! How many signs do you need?!

• Like 1

I can't believe you guys thought I'd really sing about sitting in a Chinese stew! How shit do you think I am?!

Or calling the IRS. Can't believe you guys thought I was serious?
There's a fucking blip on a song. I do a dracula voice on song! How many signs do you need?!

Axl Rose - the Andy Kaufman of rock and roll

Misers probably hit on something there, thats probably why Axl never does any fuckin' interviews when shit gets released, wait about 3 years til the public response has set in so when you're asked about a shit song you can go 'yeah, i meant it to be that way! It's a parody'...a parody of what, a middle chubber with a rapidly depleting collection of good ideas?

It's the same idea as the song D'yker M'aker by Zeppelin or Luxury by the Stones. All bands do joke songs. Even the old band did. "Used to Love Her" wasn't a serious song you know.

None of the songs on the album sound like radio hits. If the World, Better, Street of Dreams... rock radio isn't going to play any of that.

I think Better could have been. If The World is probably the worst song, after Shackler's Revenge and IRS.

Misers probably hit on something there, thats probably why Axl never does any fuckin' interviews when shit gets released, wait about 3 years til the public response has set in so when you're asked about a shit song you can go 'yeah, i meant it to be that way! It's a parody'...a parody of what, a middle chubber with a rapidly depleting collection of good ideas?

It's the same idea as the song D'yker M'aker by Zeppelin or Luxury by the Stones. All bands do joke songs. Even the old band did. "Used to Love Her" wasn't a serious song you know.

Difference is those arent shit songs and If The World is, do you see whats being expressed here? Those songs are explained as satirical, not excused. Edited by Len B'stard

Difference is those arent shit songs and If The World is, do you see whats being expressed here? Those songs are explained as satirical, not excused.

How do you differentiate an explanation from an excuse? I like If The World, even down to the stupid lyrics, it is the vocal performance which makes the song a drag. Actually the vocal performance hurts a lot of the songs.

How do you differentiate an explanation from an excuse?

By the fact Used to Love Her is clearly a joke so when you see it expressed that it is a joke it makes sense. That and it's kinda funny in its presentation i.e. this kinda jaunty track combined with the lyrical content, in a dark humour kinda way it works.

If The World on the other hand appears to be sincere, what elements make it a joke song, the lyrics being naff? So are most of the lyrics on Chi Dem, quite painfully so. Musically If The World is pretty dumb, an outdated coming together of old fad styles in a crap song, is that element meant to be a joke? That doesn't make sense either because, once again, most of Chi Dem comes off like a bunch of outdated fad styles poorly tacked together.

And also, a good idea of a joke song is that it's the song people laugh at, not the artist for making it, thats another huge difference between the two, if If The World is a joke song then it's not a funny one cuz no ones laughing at the song, they're laughing at the twat whoose name is attached to it for releasing it.

I like If The World, even down to the stupid lyrics

Yeah but you have dreadful taste in music, if i may say so. Don't take that personal, I'm sure you're a lovely boy and everything, i just think your taste in music happens to be, well, shite.

• Like 1

Yeah but you have dreadful taste in music, if i may say so. Don't take that personal, I'm sure you're a lovely boy and everything, i just think your taste in music happens to be, well, shite.

To be fair though...

You said you liked this song:

To be fair though...

You said you liked this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmcA9LIIXWw

I also like Hermans Hermits and The Monkees :lol: Furthermore i wasnt citing my personal taste as a valid reason in a discussion about why a given song is shite. Edited by Len B'stard

Difference is those arent shit songs and If The World is, do you see whats being expressed here? Those songs are explained as satirical, not excused.

All subjective. Whats shit to you isnt to others. And vice versa. Dont spread opinion to fact.

The only place for that song....

Dig a big hole.

Chuck the master tape of If the World into that hole.

Throw also Scraped, Shackler's Revenge, This I Love and Chinese Democracy into that hole.

Have a big steaming shit on top of those recordings.

Bury.

• Like 2